BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My prediction is that the shit will not hit the fan. And if it does, the type of rifle you have will be the least of your concerns.

Get whatever gun you want.
View Quote

Yeah, those fucking drones are sneaky little bastards.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Hard to beat a lightweight 5.56 AR carbine for relatively close proximity.

If I was on some type of imaginary situation which will not happen now that I am getting old and tired, and in some peoples mind is awfully farfetched on American soil,  I might want an AR 10 to provide more accuracy and emphasis at longer range than that lightweight carbine, for some people, this means they need both, one for each scenario.

I keep watching and wondering, what, if anything, the US military may do next, as long as we have interests to protect, or at least some of us think we do, in the longer range battlefields of the Middle East.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to beat a lightweight 5.56 AR carbine for relatively close proximity.

If I was on some type of imaginary situation which will not happen now that I am getting old and tired, and in some peoples mind is awfully farfetched on American soil,  I might want an AR 10 to provide more accuracy and emphasis at longer range than that lightweight carbine, for some people, this means they need both, one for each scenario.

I keep watching and wondering, what, if anything, the US military may do next, as long as we have interests to protect, or at least some of us think we do, in the longer range battlefields of the Middle East.
View Quote

They will continue to get smaller, with a smaller budget, and do less combat training...and more SHARP training.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 3:45:46 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're talking bugout rifle then I would stick with the 5.56 AR. If your going to stay put somewhere then the 308 is a good second round to have available. As already stated 308 ammo weighs a lot more than 5.56. They will both shoot out to 500 yards accurately for most shooters. I have a DPMS LR308 that shoots 168gr factory ammo into 1/2MOA at 100yrds. I'll be getting a chance next weekend to shoot at a 300yrd range so I'll see what it does at that range. If SHTF ever did occur. I plan on bugging in. The roads will be clogged solid for weeks if not months. So how will you bugout?
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you should get a 308 battle rifle but I think it should be a compliment to the Tavor not a replacement for it.  Put a red dot on the tavor and a mid power scope on the battle rifle.  Become proficient with both.  Those two with  scattergun, pistol and 22lr and nearly every practical SHTF scenario imaginable is covered.  

**if you have fell out of love with the tavor I would suggest replacing it with a sleek m4 and save a pound or two.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top