Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2015 4:39:10 PM EDT
Does anyone here have personal experience with the UC-9? I am considering one and would like to hear what those who own one think about it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a UZI and not much to go wrong. They are good quality clones built on original parts.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I was told they are built on McKay receivers that were made for Century.  Can someone confirm this?  I'm also looking at the UC-9.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine got to where the trigger wouldn't drop the bolt.  

There is a notch on the bottom of the bolt or carrier that was peening a bit and the burr was interfering.  Removed the burr and so far so good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine has been just fine.  It was whacking the primers off center, and Century fixed that.  (Never failed to go bang, I just wanted them to fix whatever was misaligned)  They did.  
I'd buy another.

Ray
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a UZI and not much to go wrong. They are good quality clones built on original parts.
View Quote

OTOH, Century has a history of turning perfectly good parts kits into junk.

I'd only buy from someone willing to let you return it if it doesn't work. CAI changed to a 1 year warranty from the time they shipped it.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 1:26:20 AM EDT
[#6]
"OTOH, Century has a history of turning perfectly good parts kits into junk.

I'd only buy from someone willing to let you return it if it doesn't work. CAI changed to a 1 year warranty from the time they shipped it.

AJ"

This
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mine has been just fine.  It was whacking the primers off center, and Century fixed that.  (Never failed to go bang, I just wanted them to fix whatever was misaligned)  They did.  
I'd buy another.

Ray
View Quote

Do you know what they did to fix this?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:21:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd buy another.

Ray

I would like to know as well. Mine also has an issue with off-center primer strikes but Century refused to look at it saying it was out of warranty. Otherwise mine is fairly reliable with hot ammo and the right mags but it can be finicky. If I had to do it again, I would not have purchased the Century and saved up for a model A or B or maybe a Vector.

ETA- There was a guy on UZITALK who started a whole thread bragging about how he fixed the off-center primer strike problem but then refused to tell anybody exactly what he did to correct it
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:18:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine also has off center primer strikes. But Ive been shooing steel cased ammo so, its fine. From what Im seeing the extractor isnt holding the round against the bolt face, its weak. If I barely push the round up its aligned. So Im going to replace the extractor see if that changes anything. Headspacing is correct on mine, thats not the issue. If that doesnt solve my issue, Im going to replace the bolt and check headspace. See what that does for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would like to know as well. Mine also has an issue with off-center primer strikes but Century refused to look at it saying it was out of warranty. Otherwise mine is fairly reliable with hot ammo and the right mags but it can be finicky. If I had to do it again, I would not have purchased the Century and saved up for a model A or B or maybe a Vector.

ETA- There was a guy on UZITALK who started a whole thread bragging about how he fixed the off-center primer strike problem but then refused to tell anybody exactly what he did to correct it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd buy another.

Ray

People at Uzitalk are assholes, so I wouldn't tell them either. They gave me a bunch of shit about an ATF letter I wrote and when the letter came back and proved them wrong I showed them, but then promptly took it down. Later on they asked for the letter again, but I never posted it again.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I picked up my UC-9. Cleaned it, lubed it and took it to the range with 124gr Federal. First shot- no joy- light, off center primer strike. FTE and stove pipes every 20 rounds or so. I kept 30 rounds of brass evidencing off center strikes.

Off to Century it goes.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, I picked up my UC-9. Cleaned it, lubed it and took it to the range with 124gr Federal. First shot- no joy- light, off center primer strike. FTE and stove pipes every 20 rounds or so. I kept 30 rounds of brass evidencing off center strikes.

View Quote

That seals it.  I was looking a the Century to make an SBR'd big brother to the UZI Pro I am SBR'ing but I think I will go with the Vector UZI.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Do some research on Vector and be very careful  on the one you buy.    Personally I would still go with the UC9  over one of the later model Vectors.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would you mind sharing where you purchased it and what you paid?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do some research on Vector and be very careful  on the one you buy.    Personally I would still go with the UC9  over one of the later model Vectors.
View Quote

I was going to post the same thing. I have been looking at a recent production Vector to replace my UC9 but reviews have been mixed at best Vector is not the manufacturer it once was.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

600 delivered. Impact guns.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, good price.  That's unfortunate about the issues.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Instead of sending it back to Century, I decided to play Bubba with my Dremel and Flitz. I polished the feed ramp, barrel throat and contact areas of the bolt. I took it to the range today and was able to reduce my FTF/FTE to 2 per 100 rounds. This result was using 115gr Blazer brass.

I will pick up some new mags and see if that cures the remaining issues.

Overall, I am now pleased with this UZI clone.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#19]
That is pretty good news. I have been wanting one myself.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

AJ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AJ

This. Century's work always been iffy, especially on their rebuilds. So bad they can't even cover their stuff like most manufacturers. Fun guns only, unless they don't work at all (cause then they aren't 'fun').

I'm one of the many CAI victims.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top