Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2015 9:50:15 PM EDT
Considering an ACR. Want the enhanced for the folding stock. But like the longer handguard on the standard ACR.

How hard do you think it would be to swap somebody? Or are they easy to find to buy?
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The "Basic Folder" model has the configuration you want: https://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/acr.asp
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The "Basic Folder" model has the configuration you want: https://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/acr.asp
View Quote

Hadn't seen that one. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:41:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The Basic Folder is the model you seek
That being said, the market is pretty much 99% Enhanced's right now, however you can get the Basic handguard for around $75.
I ordered a few "basic" handguards a few months ago and they were back ordered. I checked the other day and was told they are now considered "over due", so they should be in stock any day now. Argonauts makes an extended forend too, but they are few and far between. There are lots of ACR guys running the Remington style rail off of high-end airsoft guns also. The rails are aluminum and are very faithful reproductions of the real Remington rail. However, I'm just not overly excited about running airsoft anything on anything

You're going to end up buying one forend and then wanting/ordering/waiting for the other one, so it probably doesn't matter which one you start with
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out ACR forums, there may be some new rail options coming soon.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up guys. I am looking for the folder,  but yeah next to impossible to find.  

Thanks for the ACR forum suggestion. Or maybe not. As I just spent the last 3 hours there reading.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up guys. I am looking for the folder,  but yeah next to impossible to find.  

Thanks for the ACR forum suggestion. Or maybe not. As I just spent the last 3 hours there reading.
View Quote

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_60/products_id/76039
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_60/products_id/76039

You da man!!!!!  Hit the make offer button. Ended up getting it for $1485.

I couldn't find a used one for that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I could help.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope you like it.  I got mine from Buds also.  As I am sure you have read, they are a little front heavy, which is really my only complaint.  I think ACRs handle recoil better than an AR, they have a very different feel.  Even with just a flash hider, there isn't very much muzzle climb, the heavy front end may contribute to that though.
Again hope you like it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hope you like it.  I got mine from Buds also.  As I am sure you have read, they are a little front heavy, which is really my only complaint.  I think ACRs handle recoil better than an AR, they have a very different feel.  Even with just a flash hider, there isn't very much muzzle climb, the heavy front end may contribute to that though.
Again hope you like it.
View Quote

I'm fixing that as soon as it arrives.

Already contacted Adco about reprofiling, cutting the barrel down to 16" oal with a flash suppressor pinned.

Have to hurry up and get a flash suppressor ordered.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Already contacted Adco about reprofiling, cutting the barrel down to 16" oal with a flash suppressor pinned.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again hope you like it.

I was under the impression, you can not reprofile the ACR barrel due to the barrel coating?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Got the idea from a thread on ACR Forum. Picture above was stole from that thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:47:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Bud's came through!!

Shipped the day after they recieved the money order. A day later it was at my ffl.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/twpayne75/black%20rifles/20150725_083554_zpsg2oqia4b.jpg

Bud's came through!!

Shipped the day after they recieved the money order. A day later it was at my ffl.
View Quote

That is exactly how I want an ACR.  The only thing I would want to change is the barrel. For some reason the M4 step down.  I would like to put a 13 or 14 inch barrel on it and permanent long flash hider.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That is exactly how I want an ACR.  The only thing I would want to change is the barrel. For some reason the M4 step down.  I would like to put a 13 or 14 inch barrel on it and permanent long flash hider.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/twpayne75/black%20rifles/20150725_083554_zpsg2oqia4b.jpg

Bud's came through!!

I am shooting it tomorrow. I should have a PWS comp here Monday or Tuesday. Provided it does all right this weekend, it's going to Adco for reprofiling, cutting to 14 inches, and pinning next week.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 3:35:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was under the impression, you can not reprofile the ACR barrel due to the barrel coating?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again hope you like it.

Why would the barrel coating matter?  Any time you reprofile, you are going remove whatever finish the barrel currently has, and then get it refinished.  It is just part of doing it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I am shooting it tomorrow. I should have a PWS comp here Monday or Tuesday. Provided it does all right this weekend, it's going to Adco for reprofiling, cutting to 14 inches, and pinning next week.
View Quote
This really improves the handling of the rifle, ask me how I know...

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:32:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lH0bhZqyUnV9HNJeJO3FYRJj-18oNqiVWHKgL5dUT8Q=w1280-h960-no

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lH0bhZqyUnV9HNJeJO3FYRJj-18oNqiVWHKgL5dUT8Q=w1280-h960-no

Nice! Adco do yours?
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Nice! Adco do yours?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice! Adco do yours?

Rifle's long gone, but yes. Reprofile, cut to 14.5, pin and weld a PWS FSC-556.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice! Adco do yours?

Good deal. Same comp I have inbound. Think I am having it cut at 14 inches. Will still leave me over 16 inches when done.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]
From ADCOs website

"Flutes along the entire length of the barrel. $140.00
You must also select the appropriate assembly/disassembly service if the barrel is sent as part of a complete upper. We do NOT offer this service for surface hardened/coated barrels, SIG, or ACR barrels. If you have a barrel that is a tapered contour we cannot offer the fluting service."

Maybe re contour is different?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:13:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
From ADCOs website

"Flutes along the entire length of the barrel. $140.00
You must also select the appropriate assembly/disassembly service if the barrel is sent as part of a complete upper. We do NOT offer this service for surface hardened/coated barrels, SIG, or ACR barrels. If you have a barrel that is a tapered contour we cannot offer the fluting service."

Maybe re contour is different?
View Quote

Don't know. When I called they just said to ship it. I have found a dozen or so ACRs they have cut and reprofiled.

I wouldn't thing fluting would be much different. But I have never had anything fluted.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I was going to build another AR, but the ACR has caught my eye. Just pulled the trigger on a couple on Gunbroker. At around $1500, I think it's one of the best deals currently available.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was going to build another AR, but the ACR has caught my eye. Just pulled the trigger on a couple on Gunbroker. At around $1500, I think it's one of the best deals currently available.

View Quote

Paid $1500 shipped for mine. Just sent the barrel to get cut to 14 inches and pinned.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Paid $1500 shipped for mine. Just sent the barrel to get cut to 14 inches and pinned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you getting it fluted/dimpled as well?  If they can re-profile it, I don't see how the treatment would interfere with that in addition.  I would want mine like this if I had one.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what you're getting, I think $1500 is an excellent price. I'm really excited!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Marvin Pitts at Nefarious arms is retrofitting a Daniel Defense 14.5 Carbine barrel for me.  He's also pinning a MAMs and reprofiling it.  

I sent it a month ago, but I'm not holding my breath.  I'll post pics when it's back.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Marvin Pitts at Nefarious arms is retrofitting a Daniel Defense 14.5 Carbine barrel for me.  He's also pinning a MAMs and reprofiling it.  

I sent it a month ago, but I'm not holding my breath.  I'll post pics when it's back.
View Quote

That sounds awesome. Can I ask in the neighborhood of how much that service costs? It might be something I'm interested in doing.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:10:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Are you getting it fluted/dimpled as well?  If they can re-profile it, I don't see how the treatment would interfere with that in addition.  I would want mine like this if I had one.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/DDustin5/2013-03-14_00-52-15_353_zpsa94949b1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n506/DDustin5/2013-03-14_00-52-15_353_zpsa94949b1.jpg

That is very sharp. I ended up having a local gunsmith (buddy of mine) do my barrel work. I decided not to get too crazy on the factory barrel. I am sourcing parts now for a 10.5" barrel. Sending form 1 next week hopefully.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Man I still want an ACR badly but for some reason I thought something happened and they had became vaporwear...
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 3:31:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Man I still want an ACR badly but for some reason I thought something happened and they had became vaporwear...
View Quote

Parts from Bushmaster are vaporware. They're moving plants again, and they've yet to release replacement barrel assemblies.

But the rifles are now in the $1500 range. Great price.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Got it back. Didn't have it turned down since I'm having a 10.5" made for it.

Balance is good with the scope.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 10:30:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Just realized I deleted my photo here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:59:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Nice sticks!

You have details on the barrels?
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#38]

What cases are those? Would like to find similar, just big enough to fit the ACR when folded.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nice sticks!

You have details on the barrels?
View All Quotes

Thanks! I love me some ACRs.

Right now, they're regular 16" 1/9 M4 profile barrels. Hoping to get them both reprofiled and chopped via adco soon. I have another BM factory 14.5" 1/7 barrel coming to play with.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What cases are those? Would like to find similar, just big enough to fit the ACR when folded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

One is a Pelican case. The other, I'm not so sure.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Since we're turning this into a pic thread...

Can't wait for the Geissele handguard. SBR'ing it helped but it is still a pig.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Since we're turning this into a pic thread...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd224/paintballplayer700/Guns/IMG_1581_zpsf5rrydrx.jpg

Can't wait for the Geissele handguard. SBR'ing it helped but it is still a pig.
View Quote
Now you just need a scar to round out the trio.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Does BM sell handguards separate?

I'm thinking of trying to make an MLOK handguard and bring it up to date with magpul's attachment method.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:23:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Does BM sell handguards separate?

I'm thinking of trying to make an MLOK handguard and bring it up to date with magpul's attachment method.
View Quote

Yes, but they are currently on backorder, at least for the rail. Not sure about the moe handguards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top