User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$1200-1300 is my target range where I will buy one. If it were a full rifle or they would send you a stock for free with proof of a Form 1 it would be easier to swallow $1500 pricetag.
View Quote

I think this is a neat gun and I'd like to have one but I'm in your camp. Until the price drops (if ever) down to the 1200's, I'm not a a buyer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I think this is a neat gun and I'd like to have one but I'm in your camp. Until the price drops (if ever) down to the 1200's, I'm not a a buyer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$1200-1300 is my target range where I will buy one. If it were a full rifle or they would send you a stock for free with proof of a Form 1 it would be easier to swallow $1500 pricetag.

For sure, I'd jump on the bandwagon at that price.

Has anyone tried one suppressed?  Looks like the muzzle is M14x1LH so I'm assuming there is a lack of good adapters.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Has anyone tried one suppressed?  Looks like the muzzle is M14x1LH so I'm assuming there is a lack of good adapters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect reason to SBR and rethread
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Bren version 2.0

Think we will get these?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bren version 2.0

Think we will get these?
View Quote

Sounds like they got the new version under 7lbs, lighter than the SCAR
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bren version 2.0

Think we will get these?

New flask too, always important that they improve the flask.    Gotta love google translate and firearms terminology.

Looks good.  I imagine they'll continue to sell us the 805 until they use up whatever stock they have.

ETA - On reflection, the existence of the product-improved 806 basically kills my interest in the 805.  If it's improved, what's the point of buying the older/inferior model?  Sure, they may never import it, but knowing that it fixes a lot of the design issues of the 805 makes it seem like a waste of a lot of money to purchase one.  CZ UB may have shot CZ USA in the foot with this one.  Feels like Remington vs Bushmaster ACR.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bren version 2.0

Think we will get these?

I see they switched to a flash hider, instead of the maybe-PWS-clone, and it looks like they added a ping-pong paddle bolt catch/release. The second is a welcome improvement by most accounts.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I see they switched to a flash hider, instead of the maybe-PWS-clone, and it looks like they added a ping-pong paddle bolt catch/release. The second is a welcome improvement by most accounts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bren version 2.0

Think we will get these?

Yeah, it looks like the new version irons out almost all the issues I have. Though I think it is a bit uglier than the original.

Probably going to be awhile until these are floating around on the civilian market though.

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Bren 806? That's a gun I would pay 2k for.

Bren 805? After seeing the 806, I will never buy one now.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here. The 805 is all but dead to me now that the 806 is around and appears to improve upon many of the gripes we've had with it up until now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Same here. The 805 is all but dead to me now that the 806 is around and appears to improve upon many of the gripes we've had with it up until now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/r00b8hX.jpg

Here is what CZ said regarding the 806, I still would go with an 805 no problem...

"The 806 is not available for any civilian market right now, as it is just a prototype rifle that was classified and was leaked by the Czech government.  We have no idea when the rifle will actually be in production, or even if the rifle will be put into production."

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Just give us the ping pong paddle, and all will be well.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Here is what CZ said regarding the 806, I still would go with an 805 no problem...

"The 806 is not available for any civilian market right now, as it is just a prototype rifle that was classified and was leaked by the Czech government.  We have no idea when the rifle will actually be in production, or even if the rifle will be put into production."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I am most interested in the Polish MSBS, but I have my doubts that will ever materialize either.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

That's exactly what you would expect them to say... Still not going to buy an 805 knowing that the 806 is out there and that I might have the opportunity to get one in the future.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's exactly what you would expect them to say... Still not going to buy an 805 knowing that the 806 is out there and that I might have the opportunity to get one in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

while I hear what you are saying and agree to an extent on the sentiment, there is always an improvement to everything we buy these days right around the corner. Every car you buy will be upgraded with a new model in a few years, every computer you buy is outdated within 2 months, and every gun company is going to come out with new models in attempt to make improvements on existing ones.  being as this was apparently just a prototype and it took more than half a decade to bring the original bren to the US after it was released officially overseas, there is a pretty good chance you won't be seeing this on US soil before 2020 and it will likely have been changed even more by then.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 1:09:10 AM EDT
[#17]
"while I hear what you are saying and agree to an extent on the sentiment, there is always an improvement to everything we buy these days right around the corner. Every car you buy will be upgraded with a new model in a few years, every computer you buy is outdated within 2 months, and every gun company is going to come out with new models in attempt to make improvements on existing ones.  being as this was apparently just a prototype and it took more than half a decade to bring the original bren to the US after it was released officially overseas, there is a pretty good chance you won't be seeing this on US soil before 2020 and it will likely have been changed even more by then."

Right On! You will always be waiting for the next best thing but missing out enjoying what we have available currently. With no way of knowing when the release of an 806 will be or if it even happens at all. All I can say is good luck with that and happy waiting! And oh, I heard the ACR caliber conversions are being released in 2 weeks too, think I may hold off on that ACR purchase until the kits start shipping...Gun Industry=WTF
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top