Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't like Dicks.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, there's a lot of hate for Dick's.  Thing is, I bet there'd be a long line of people waiting to buy AR15s from Dicks if they started selling them again at a good price.  Bet many arfcommers would be in that line...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

All for $5.99.  Can't beat that!

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b603/BornIn1776/cbe5e9e9-15dd-405a-bf15-2c07c7330d6e_zps6lx88iwc.jpg

Not turning out like you expected is it OP?

Yeah, there's a lot of hate for Dick's.  Thing is, I bet there'd be a long line of people waiting to buy AR15s from Dicks if they started selling them again at a good price.  Bet many arfcommers would be in that line...

LOL... You should see the familiar faces of boycotters in line when they get in a few hundred buckets of Remington Golden 22lr...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Technically, the coupons are not good for ammo, but they themselves don't even know it so it goes through just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I shop at Dicks. Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x40 for $99 shipped. Best deal anywhere.

All the haters (22 horders) avoid Dicks which means anytime I need 22lr  ammo, chances are they got it cheaper than anyone else... I get my receipt and call in a survey and get a $10 coupon off my next $50 purchase.

Technically, the coupons are not good for ammo, but they themselves don't even know it so it goes through just fine.

I never noticed the coupon excluded ammo until I had already used them a dozen times. Never once has the cashier ever questioned it though...
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b603/BornIn1776/cbe5e9e9-15dd-405a-bf15-2c07c7330d6e_zps6lx88iwc.jpg

$600 colt 6920's

Not a penny more.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the owners of Dick's hves a whole new chain started up called Field and Stream.  AR's and everything.   I have gotten some good deals on ammo there.  When they opened up they had bricks of 22 there for a very good price.  It was supposed to be limited to two per person but they let you get a few more if you wanted it.  Not a bad store at all.  Somewhere between a Bass Pro and the newer Cabela's cookie cutter stores.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Why some of you still shop there is beyond me!
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I got screwed on their cancellation of my two Troy rifles and it was such a clusterfuck , both the initial sale and after they refunded my money on only 1 of the troys and couldn't find my other order. A quick call to my bank and I had my money back, via backcharge. I'm not a fan of their business.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Includes:

2 bronze brushes
2 cotton mops
1 brass jag
1 patch puller
25 cleaning patches

If they apologize for all of the shit they did, then yeah, I'd be in that line

But you know what they haven't done? Apologize for the shit they did.

So no big loss
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't pay much attention to the dicks ar15 issue previously honestly because we didn't have one in town...  It's an interesting issue and I believe they had an inappropriate reaction.  But, have I ever had an inappropriate reaction to something? Oh yeah.  

We are getting one here in town in a few weeks - actually it's a dicks / field and stream combo store - and I will at least give it a shot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
After the Sandy Hook incident, they pulled all of the Modern Sporting Rifles aka AR15s and accessories off of their shelves.  There were a bunch of customers that also had back ordered a Dicks exclusive Troys Industries AR15 from Black Friday.   They paid their money in advance but DIck's refused to sell to them.

Others, please jump in if I missed anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It could be free....Fuck em.  I hope they go under sooner rather than later.

Why the hatred for Dicks.

After the Sandy Hook incident, they pulled all of the Modern Sporting Rifles aka AR15s and accessories off of their shelves.  There were a bunch of customers that also had back ordered a Dicks exclusive Troys Industries AR15 from Black Friday.   They paid their money in advance but DIck's refused to sell to them.

Others, please jump in if I missed anything else.

That about sums it up and that was right before Christmas.

They also screwed Troy Industries out of hundreds of thousands if not over a million in sales and tooling costs.

Dicks and the new Field and Stream stores can get bent.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
sorry,don't do dick's.

clown
View Quote

I would have phrased it differently, but yes.  I do not shop at Dicks.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#12]
They're about to build one here.  I'm sure all the soccer moms will help them thrive.. Fuck Dicks
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:17:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I won't shop at Dick's because of the horrendous service. Apparently, shoes are now self-service. In the course of looking on the shelves that are stacked and two deep for my brand/model/color/size, I pulled 40 boxes onto the floor. Employees and managers walked past me without offering assistance.

Never found my size. Never returned the boxes to the shelves.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I think that price for that kit is great, but is the quality there I doubt it. Also you guys are forgetting that dicks  generally have good deals on golf gear. Around here that keeps ours open on its own easily. I don't see many soccer moms but volleyball moms and golf dads. Seem to keep their lights on.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top