Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 1:19:01 AM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a Remington Model 600 in 35 Rem caliber, overall the gun is in good shape, however, it does NOT have the vent rib.  The barrel appears to be original with no evidence of ever having the rib.  My question is, did the 600 come without the rib?

thank you for any info,

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe that's common for the later guns. It might even be a Model 660, which is the less fancy, later version.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Weren't those ribs plastic? It would seem to me that a rifle WITHOUT a purely cosmetic plastic rib would be a GOOD thing.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
My Mohawk does not have a vent rib either. Just sights mounted right on the barrel
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 600 that I bought years ago: No Rib
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking the first batch had the plastic rib.   The reissue ones did not.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was thinking the first batch had the plastic rib.   The reissue ones did not.
View Quote

I think most of the later ones built in the 90's or whenever it was actually had the rib.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That sounds like an interesting gun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are cool little guns for sure. Kind of a bastard so the aftermarket can be tough but as is a great comoact rifle. I dropped my 308 in a hs stock and want to set it up like a LTR. Glad I grabbed my stock when I did as HS no longer makes it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Especially in 350Mag!

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Especially in 350Mag!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Especially in 350Mag!

Dad has one in 350 rem mag it has a metal vented rib on it..... It punishes you with warm loads...... Powder puff loads are all we shoot in it around here. I say OP should definitely BUY ! Dad's 350 is a laser beam.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I've killed three deer with .35 remington in a marlin 336.  That round seemed particular hard on deer.  Easy on me.  Meaning DRT.  Not sure how far of a reach you can get with it though.  0-100 it's golden.  I always just used the 200 grain remington soft points.  I think there are lot more choices now a days too.  With hornady making those soft tip ones that are like ballistic tips but meant for lever guns.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#12]
No pics of anyone's yet? Come on guys.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:10:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Mohawk 600 .243 here. no rib, no iron sights from the factory. tackdrivin deer slayer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top