Posted: 6/30/2015 10:35:19 AM EDT

Pros of the rifle:
-Price.  This rifle has been available as low as $599 in the past few months
-mags are available everywhere for under $5
-accuracy was pretty good for a "battle" type rifle
-most G3 accessories I know of will work on this rifle
-barrel is threaded for commonly available AR-10 muzzle devices/suppressors
-PTR receiver
-welded optics rail so no need for an expensive/awkward claw mount if you want to mount optics

Cons:
-I'd like to see the 4140 barrel be nitrided or CL'd

Overall I'm pleased with the rifle; especially considering what it costs.   Here's a full review with some accuracy testing and a discussion of the rifles specs/features:  

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:10:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Good looking clanger. The video needs more steel targets getting rocked.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Subscribed.  I've been waiting for a review of this rifle!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Good review.  I have been tempted to add this rifle to my armory as a cheap plinker/fun gun.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Also very tempted. If they go on sale for $500 I'll buy one. At $600 I'll still spend a little more for a PTR
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also very tempted. If they go on sale for $500 I'll buy one. At $600 I'll still spend a little more for a PTR
View Quote

I'd love to see these on sale for $500!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Subscribed.  I've been waiting for a review of this rifle!  Thanks!
View Quote

Welcome to the channel
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I am definitely picking one of these up ASAP. Thanks for the review. An optic in the 1-6 rang and a Hk retractable stock and it will be a great truck gun for the farm

ETA: I have 60 mags for it that I bought several years ago from cheaper than dirt for .99¢ a piece with the intention of getting a g3/91 or clone one day
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Good review, really like the channel
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am definitely picking one of these up ASAP. Thanks for the review. An optic in the 1-6 rang and a Hk retractable stock and it will be a great truck gun for the farm

ETA: I have 60 mags for it that I bought several years ago from cheaper than dirt for .99¢ a piece with the intention of getting a g3/91 or clone one day
View Quote

Folks have been posting on my page that there's a backlog for them currently so it may be a bit unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Folks have been posting on my page that there's a backlog for them currently so it may be a bit unfortunately.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am on the notification list for atlantic firearms and check vaguntrader regularly for one to pop up. ill snag one eventually. also looking to gat back in the AK game after watching a couple of your century arms AK reviews.....cant wait for the benelli m4 review. keep up the great work!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Saw this one today at the LGS.  I considered FOing but it seems $50 too high

" />
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
So how odes this compare to PTR builds, being that the receiver is PTR

Oh and great vid... I love your channel
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 2:19:39 AM EDT
[#14]
A co-worker recently bought one and is having issues. I warned him against this rifle, so it really comes at no surprise for the same reasons.

I'm personally a repeat victim of CAI, with one of rifles being a Cetme.

Never, never gain.

PS: I saw your vid on 'breaking in' a rifle. You'll fit in great on arfcom as long as you stay within the hive-mind's line of thinking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top