Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2015 10:45:51 PM EDT
2-3 years ago I bought a few of the 88 Maverick's at Wal-Mart.  I think out the door they were $190.  But in the last year or two I've noticed they don't carry them anymore, at least around here.  Instead,  they still carry 5-shot shotguns but they are around $220 before taxes.  

So did Mossberg stop making them or did Wal-Mart stop stocking them for some reason?...or is it just the stores around here that don't carry the 88 Maverick's in 12ga. anymore?

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Academy still has them; priced at $189.

Mossbergs are $209 at the local Walmart here.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope they're not going away, I bought one w/28" barrel for my dad years ago for a skeet shooter and he's not had any issues with it, think I got it for $160 at the time. And the choke was super cheap as well. Always liked the simplicity of Mossbergs and i think most 500 parts are interchangeable. And when I bought mine it was still made in the USA, not sure if that's still true.
If the 88 is not available I'd look at an H&R Pardner next, which is a copy of the 870. Haven't shot one but the Pardner seems heavier which would be a plus for HD use.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.  Maybe it's just my local Wal-Marts that are not stocking them.  

Thanks

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Mossberg's website still has them listed

I bought one with a 28in field barrel a few years ago, picked up an 18.5in barrel for it. The 18.5in barrel is what's currently on it

Don't really shoot it much but I've never had an issue with it
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much does anyone really shoot one of those open bore pump riot guns?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mossberg's website still has them listed

I bought one with a 28in field barrel a few years ago, picked up an 18.5in barrel for it. The 18.5in barrel is what's currently on it

Don't really shoot it much but I've never had an issue with it
How much does anyone really shoot one of those open bore pump riot guns?  

I take at least one out each time I shoot and put at least 100 rounds through it.
I find them a lot of fun.

Back to the topic at hand, 88s are still around, but personally I would spend a couple more bucks and get a 500.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hell yeah they are.  They are a blast, literally.  If I could find a 20" 8-shot Maverick 88 I'd be all over it for sub $200.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hell yeah they are.  They are a blast, literally.  If I could find a 20" 8-shot Maverick 88 I'd be all over it for sub $200.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the Scheels up here has the 8 shot 88's for less than $250 new
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top