Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2015 7:44:27 PM EDT
Need some very old school looking BUIS that will fit a pic rail, something that looks 50's or 60's. Working on a "retro" bullpup project, will post pics when it's complete.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I am in to see if anything is found.

I am pretty sure, other than one of a kind rail conversions, that there were no flattop uppers back then so no BUIS in use.

Williams Gun Sight Marlin & Winchester Lever Action Fire Sights were as close as I know.

Brownell's
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that's my thought too but i'm throwing out the question to anyone who might know of something. I may end up having to fabricate something, but thought i'd take the easier way out first.

If not i may just end up going with the oldest optic i can find lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah that's my thought too but i'm throwing out the question to anyone who might know of something. I may end up having to fabricate something, but thought i'd take the easier way out first.

If not i may just end up going with the oldest optic i can find lol
View Quote

What about a KAC micro rear flip iron sight? Then coat it with something textured and then the same sort of light grey as the M1A steel parts? Make it look crudely forged with the texturing, while the same grey as the older guns. Any good of an idea? That, or something that looks like a G3 drum rear sight? IDK.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually a HK style sight set might work! thanks for the idea!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree the kac is a knock off of the sights on a
Fg42 which is a knock off of sights on a
Winchester lever action.

Very retro but cool
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
The KAC does look very similar to alot of old folding tang sights.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Would still leave me needing a front sight though. Right now it's between a KAC micro or the HK options.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#8]
If they aren't too low profile, look at the CZ Scorpion sights. They aren't too unlike some of the old school SMGs
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
M60 has a taller front sight you might be able to make work. Dont know if it counts as retro yet.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
DD A1.5?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#11]
What will the height of the front sight be and what style?  Maybe a Williams peep receiver sight in the rear and a Lyman Globe target type sight in front?  I just can't grasp what type of action you are using and what this will be looking like.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Just bumping this cause I can't wait til pics of the finished product are posted.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I moved states so the project is on hold. Expect an update around august most likely! thanks for the bump though
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DD A1.5?
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top