Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 6:40:26 AM EDT
I'm trying to buy a house, and in my budget, they are all fixer-uppers.  I'm afraid I have to thin the heard a little bit for cash for anything and everything that comes with buying a "new" house.  

I bought this rifle (upper, lower, BCG, and furniture separate) sometime back in 2009 iirc.  Less than 800rds through it (more like 600).  

BCM complete lower
BCM complete upper, 16" SS heavy barrel, Larue full float handguard.
BCM full auto BCG (I think BCM charging handle as well...can't quite recall)
MOE furniture, AFG, Daniel Defense BUIS, and whatever those things are called that snap onto the side of the rail
I've never had any problems with it.  It eats any ammo I've thrown at it (including Hornady training rounds...lacquer coated steel case)...everything else has been PMC X-tac or XM855

The scope stays with me...it's a cheap-o
The front handguard does have a small ding on the bottom (my own stupid fault).  The cheap forward grip I first had on it did not fit right, and it got stuck on the rail.  I had to tap it off with a small hammer.  I missed once

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Prolly $700-750.

I like it.  IM me when you're ready to sell it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Prolly $700-750.

View Quote

yup but I don't want it
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You built it when the market was higher and now you are thinking of selling it as a used gun when the AR market is as about as low as it has ever been ?

Hard way to raise a little cash. Any possibility of working a bit of overtime or picking up a part time job ?
Sucks to not have cash when you want it but selling stuff at crash prices is compounding the pain
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]
uh....can you remember what brand rail covers those are..?
i likem..a lot...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i likem..a lot...
View Quote

Magpul XTM covers.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#6]
$850 maybe $900 if you sold the upper, lower and sight separately.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i likem..a lot...
View Quote

Magpul XTM covers.

View Quote

thanks !

ps.  OP, nice rifle
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought my BCM M4 SOCOM profile in November when they came with "free" BCG and BCM Comp it was $459, my BCM complete blem lower was $350 last month.  I only offer this so you can have amounts to work from.  About $800 for a NEW carbine, if someone is willing to pay $750 then that would be pretty good.  Honestly though, how far is $750 going to go towards you home repairs/upgrades.
Having bought a fixer upper while I was still in the Navy (broke) I understand your plight.
Good luck
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Prolly $700-750.

View Quote

same here, IM me I'd you're looking to sell.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I bought my BCM M4 SOCOM profile in November when they came with "free" BCG and BCM Comp it was $459, my BCM complete blem lower was $350 last month.  I only offer this so you can have amounts to work from.  About $800 for a NEW carbine, if someone is willing to pay $750 then that would be pretty good.  Honestly though, how far is $750 going to go towards you home repairs/upgrades.
Having bought a fixer upper while I was still in the Navy (broke) I understand your plight.
Good luck
View Quote

Did it have a rear sight and LaRue hand guard?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#11]
For reference I bought my 16" BCM upper w/free BCG and MI 12" FF handguard in January for $714. It also came with Mod 0 comp & added the large charging handle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck
View Quote

Did it have a rear sight and LaRue hand guard?
View Quote

When they were running their sale, railed uppers didn't cost much more. I still wish I hadn't waited on some.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:57:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Stick it on the local Facebook group. Noobs on there overpay.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info guys.  I don't keep up with the market much, but I thought the BCM's would hold their value a little bit more than that.

I was hoping for $1200-ish, but at $800...I think I will keep it
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You built it when the market was higher and now you are thinking of selling it as a used gun when the AR market is as about as low as it has ever been ?
I don't keep up with the market at all.  I do know things are pretty cheap now, but I thought the higher end stuff would hold up a little better.

Hard way to raise a little cash. Any possibility of working a bit of overtime or picking up a part time job ?
Sucks to not have cash when you want it but selling stuff at crash prices is compounding the pain

I mainly want the money for an upgrade for my truck (maintenance related), so I can save what little bit I do have for a house.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#16]
You may be able to get $350 for the lower maybe $400 because its the old role mark(people always looking for BCM lowers to match there new BCM uppers). You can part out the upper and get $500 maybe. Just keep it in this market even someone that is new knows about a mp sport and usually goes that route before dropping $1200.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't keep up with the market at all.  I do know things are pretty cheap now, but I thought the higher end stuff would hold up a little better.

I mainly want the money for an upgrade for my truck (maintenance related), so I can save what little bit I do have for a house.
View Quote

View Quote

for a used AR right now, that is more than you could expect from a lower end gun. anything below a colt or bcm, i wouldn't pay more than $500-600 for right now if it's used.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is honestly the best way to get the most money. Everybody on here will lowball you, but local rednecks are the best way to make a buck.

That said, even then this is NOT the time to be selling. The market is flooded, and you will positively get more out of it if you wait until there is more demand. To me, you have about an $850-900 rifle. Those saying $700 or less are full of BS.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:21:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

This ia honestly the best way to get the most money. Everybody on here will lowball you, but local rednecks are the best way to make a buck.

That said, even then this is NOT the time to be selling. The market is flooded, and you will positively get more out of it if you wait until there is more demand. To me, you have about an $850-900 rifle. Those saying $700 or less are full of BS.
View Quote
Good then send the OP a check for $900 along with the FFL you want it shipped to. Unless you're the one full of BS.

$700 is in line for a used rifle. New Colt 6920s are $850.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This ia honestly the best way to get the most money. Everybody on here will lowball you, but local rednecks are the best way to make a buck.

View Quote

With a market this saturated, he isn't going to get $900ish for a used gun.  Take a look at some of the quality things people are selling for what used to be good prices...and they're sitting unsold.

Sit on it and wait.  If I needed money, I'd donate plasma right now before I tried to sell an AR15.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

With a market this saturated, he isn't going to get $900ish for a used gun.  Take a look at some of the quality things people are selling for what used to be good prices...and they're sitting unsold.

Sit on it and wait.  If I needed money, I'd donate sell plasma right now before I tried to sell an AR15.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:26:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I logged into my local Armslist site yesterday after a month and a half and found all the listings hadn't changed: the same basic used rifles listed for $900 - $1200. And when I say "the same" I mean they were the exact same listings.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:48:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Sit on it and wait.  If I needed money, I'd donate plasma right now before I tried to sell an AR15.
View Quote

Do you spend much time on facebook? He will have no problem getting $800, and with a motivated buyer I wouldn't be surprised if he gets up to $1k for it. Just because prices on the EE are low doesn't mean every potential buyer will follow that trend. I've seen plenty of lower quality rifles sell for higher prices than this in recent times.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you spend much time on facebook? He will have no problem getting $800, and with a motivated buyer I wouldn't be surprised if he gets up to $1k for it. Just because prices on the EE are low doesn't mean every potential buyer will follow that trend. I've seen plenty of lower quality rifles sell for higher prices than this in recent times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only way to achieve that premium is by selling to uniformed buyers on a local facebook page. Because they are uninformed about prices in the current market it is unlikely they can distinguish the difference between a Smith and Wesson Sport and a BCM rifle.  Most have likely never heard of BCM.  He will be hard pressed to get $800 and I would say realistically he is looking at $700 or so.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He asked 'what is it worth', not 'what will the biggest dumbass pay for it'?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's worth whatever someone will pay.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Unless you find someone who really wants your gun, you're looking at getting 75% of what you paid for it. Also, add ons rarely help you get more money so it's best to strip it down to bare bones and sell everything separately.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Unless you find someone who really wants your gun, you're looking at getting 75% of what you paid for it. Also, add ons rarely help you get more money so it's best to strip it down to bare bones and sell everything separately.
View Quote

This is very true, though last time we saw the market drop 50-75% depending on condition.

Similar upper sells new on BCM for $700 with a new BCG/CH for $60, you fired non match ammo through a SS precision upper, which further drops the value. The SS in the white HBAR with a fixed FSB is a very specific configuration. Had this been like a BFH 16" middy with low pro gas block, the demand would be a lot higher, and the 1k rds of blasting ammo down the pipe wouldn't even matter.

BCM is known for quality hard use products but they don't hold value as well as KAC, HK, Noveske, LT, etc. mainly because they are designed to be shot and run hard, their prices are already very competitive for the quality and CS you get. Outside of the Internet and certain circles, the average shooter may not recognize BCM like they would Colt, Bushmaster, HK, KAC, etc. Regardless of the fact that it's a matching upper/lower, it's still a home build. Home builds don't hold value like factory guns unless you part them out.  

Realistically, you're looking at $650-750 if you want to flip it now. If you're willing to wait until you find the right buyer or part it out, you should be able to get more.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:01:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This is honestly the best way to get the most money. Everybody on here will lowball you, but local rednecks are the best way to make a buck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably good advice. As for prices, I always see people on GD give low prices for both new and used. Are the figures you're putting up including sales tax, shipping and FFL fees if bought online?

Quoted:
Realistically, you're looking at $650-750 if you want to flip it now. If you're willing to wait until you find the right buyer or part it out, you should be able to get more.

I know the CA market sucks, but I'd gladly pay $650 for a lightly used BCM.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:24:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Probably good advice. As for prices, I always see people on GD give low prices for both new and used. Are the figures you're putting up including sales tax, shipping and FFL fees if bought online?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

People that buy on FB sales pages typically don't know the difference b/w a Bushmaster C15, S&W M&P15, a KAC SR15, or a BCM AR.  They may pay more but they're not going to pay too much more for a BCM if they can get a DPMS for a little less.  I see people trying to sell $600 Glocks and $550 M&P's all day in the ones I look at.  Doesn't mean they get that price.

The figures people are putting up are realistic numbers for people who pay attention to the (currently) depressed AR market and the 5yr+ old used BCM the OP is trying to sell.  Sales tax doesn't apply for online purchases unless you live in specific states, shipping is usually low, and FFL fees vary.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

you do realize new 6920's are $859-$900 right now?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol.

Maybe in NC. Out here Low $8's if that. One of my lgs said $795 OTD with BGC & tax.  Hell PSA is blowing out their labeled AR's for $5-600 NEW.
The OP asked what it's worth. In today's market, not much. To someone not wanting a LGS new purchase, they'll pay more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:14:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you need that cash for the truck so that what you have you can spend on the house?

Seems like a mind trick. Putting cash to one thing so you can spend the same on the other. IDK, if it's your only quality AR, then you have to keep it regardless IMO.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#34]
If you have to sell it, wait until October of 2016.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#35]
No offense or anything but if you can't afford maintenance parts on your truck you probably should not be looking into a house quite yet. I'm also saving for a house but there is no f'ing way I'd sell my guns to do it I'm trying to work extra and get a promotion. Your going to be tight on money whether you sell the gun or not, only if you sell it you'll never be able to afford another one I'd keep it. It be different if you have 30 guns or something and wanted to sell half or more to achieve this goal but your only one. no way.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#36]
If you were patient, maybe $800. The real problem is you have a really odd configuration. It has a heavy accuratized barrel yet a fixed front sight and relatively short rail. lol it's unique bruhhhh. Good gun, good parts, just odd combo and the market is so saturated right now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top