User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

uhhhh...  

Maybe I am totally misreading what you're saying but the ACR's receiver (aka the weapon aka the part that should be engraved, assuming you aren't doing the barrel) is made of aluminum. I racking my brain to think of a way you can brand aluminum...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lots of ACR hate on the first several pages..

the one we have shoots great and is pretty easy to wield..

best thing about it is that when you SBR it, you can use a brand instead of paying someone to engrave it.
uhhhh...  

Maybe I am totally misreading what you're saying but the ACR's receiver (aka the weapon aka the part that should be engraved, assuming you aren't doing the barrel) is made of aluminum. I racking my brain to think of a way you can brand aluminum...

"LASER" Beams!!!

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Getting ready to shoot Bud's an offer of $1485 and see what happens.  If I do get it, I really would like the non-QD trunion and have the barrel chopped to 14.5 and re-profiled.  Probably swap the BUIS with KAC 2-600m rear and KAC M4 style front.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Curious about the non QD trunion for mine. SBRing is in the works right now. Should be sending off the Form 1 in a few days.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Curious about the non QD trunion for mine. SBRing is in the works right now. Should be sending off the Form 1 in a few days.
View Quote

Check ACR Forum as there is a thread there about a user named Massoud who claims to be the designer of the Massoud will be trying to put something out eventually.  Not that ACR owners and fans haven't heard that before.  But now he is alluding to something hinging on whether or not they will produce these things as things are going on behind the scenes.  My guess is RemDef might actually release some things, rendering the need for him to produce these things, useless.  One can hope, right?  I honestly think the aftermarket may pick up a tad now that the price has dropped.  Hopefully the price drops across the board rather than just Bud's and Gunbroker.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Check ACR Forum as there is a thread there about a user named Massoud who claims to be the designer of the Massoud will be trying to put something out eventually.  Not that ACR owners and fans haven't heard that before.  But now he is alluding to something hinging on whether or not they will produce these things as things are going on behind the scenes.  My guess is RemDef might actually release some things, rendering the need for him to produce these things, useless.  One can hope, right?  I honestly think the aftermarket may pick up a tad now that the price has dropped.  Hopefully the price drops across the board rather than just Bud's and Gunbroker.  Time will tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually got mine in a trade that I won so much. I traded my 1st build, pretty bad, for it. I home RemDef releases that trunnion that uses the barrel nut which is supposed to be the same as the MSR iirc.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Well a member PM'd with an offer so I might be getting this ACR sooner than I thought. KAC SR15 MOD2 MLOK will have to be put on hold lol.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Oh, now you've done it...
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Bushmaster putting little to no effort into the ACR concerns me.

After market support is weak as well.

A 14.5" pencil barrel and long keymod rail could win me over.

Remington seems like they had the right idea

Link Posted: 1/12/2016 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Remington_ACR_PDW_SBR_Adaptive_Combat_Rifle_Personal_Defense_Weapon_Short_Barreled_Rifle_Robby_Johnson_NDIA_Joint_Armaments_2012_DefenseReview.com_DR_21-1024x768.jpg
View Quote

I don't want bushmaster parts though. I wants lightweight parts from 2a or v7 or battle arms dev and rails from Geissele.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The problem is when the company that makes the gun doesnt support or market it it and seems to treat it as a cast off there is very little incentive for the aftermarket to risk the investment to gear up for making parts for it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.defensereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Remington_ACR_PDW_SBR_Adaptive_Combat_Rifle_Personal_Defense_Weapon_Short_Barreled_Rifle_Robby_Johnson_NDIA_Joint_Armaments_2012_DefenseReview.com_DR_21-1024x768.jpg

I don't want bushmaster parts though. I wants lightweight parts from 2a or v7 or battle arms dev and rails from Geissele.

The problem is when the company that makes the gun doesnt support or market it it and seems to treat it as a cast off there is very little incentive for the aftermarket to risk the investment to gear up for making parts for it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Oh I'm sure, I can't even imagine that risk
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#13]
If you can get an ACR cheap enough ($1,200ish maybe), I'd try it over the SCAR ($2,200+).
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I anyone wants to try chopping/re-profiling without voiding their warranty, I have a complete Barrel assembly for sale in the EE.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Keeping my fingers crossed for a RemDef version available to the public announced at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Keeping my fingers crossed for a RemDef version available to the public announced at SHOT.
View Quote

lol. Here's to dreams
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#17]
IMO, the ACR has the most potential of any firearm currently on the market. It's unfortunate that there hasn't been much aftermarket support for the platform.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
IMO, the ACR has the most potential of any firearm currently on the market. It's unfortunate that there hasn't been much aftermarket support for the platform.
View Quote

Make the barrel a lighter profile, ditch the quick change barrel for a lighter system, support it, and bring it in around $1200 and it would be a huge success.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 4:34:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Make the barrel a lighter profile, ditch the quick change barrel for a lighter system, support it, and bring it in around $1200 and it would be a huge success.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Years ago I posted my critique on this site of my then recently acquired ACR. I believe it was around April of 2010, just a month or two after the rifle had been introduced on the market. Within that critique, I did criticize the barrel attachment assembly, and suggested doing away with it, via a new trunnion and barrel nut.
I passed those ideas to Bushmaster via phone conversation I had with a rep there. The same representative who posted regularly on this site in the now defunct Bushmaster forum. That change hasn't occurred on the BM civilian models, but it did make it on the Remington Defense version. Apparently, they too had issues with the quick detach system.

As far as the barrels. I don't have issues with the stock barrel, but it would have been great if BM had introduced those replacement barrels, or different models of the ACR with different barrel options. That never happened, nor did the caliber conversions.

I do like the Remington alloy lower, and the ability to change the grip. Aftermarket lowers never came to fruition either.

Prior to December and the mini panic, Grabagun, and some other on-line retailers had the ACR Basic W/folder for around $1450.00 I don't consider this a bad price. Originally, the MSRP was set at around $1500.00, and we all remember what happened there.
You're right though. If Bushmaster implemented just a few improvements, and if the street price was around $1200.00, I too believe the ACR could rise from the grave, so to speak.

Remington Defense got it right, but I wouldn't hold my breath for any announcement at Shot '16 on civilian ACR models. Let us not forget Shot 2015, when
Remington stated they would be releasing their gas piston AR variant for civilian sales. Even put it on their site.  Remington never did, and the info has since vanished.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

lol. Here's to dreams
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol. Here's to dreams

Yea, they never even released the products they said they would release...and the ACR was not among them so it has even less of a chance of coming to fruition.  I have totally given up hope on the ACR ever being more than what it is now.  Too bad really, it had so much potential and I would have bought one with just a few changes. Rem/BM are tone deaf.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#21]
According to the Firearm Blog a Remington rep at Shot Show said that development of the ACR and R5 has ceased and Remington is focusing on other projects.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/21/shot-2016-whats-not-remington/
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
According to the Firearm Blog a Remington rep at Shot Show said that development of the ACR and R5 has ceased and Remington is focusing on other projects.
View Quote

Officially extinct.  Put a fork in it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:43:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooooh, ooooh, do I have an a collector item now?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you have a Rem Def ACR. The Bushmaster ACR was there at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone know if the Radom has any interchangeability with the ACR?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:40:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the Radom has any interchangeability with the ACR?
View Quote

Maybe the bcg and stock, but that would be it.  The slots for the charging handle are in a completely different location in the receiver.

Autocorrect
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's just for Remington Defense not for Bushmaster. RemDef was only ever after military contracts, so it doesn't affect the civilian ACR market handled by BM.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top