Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 2:59:29 AM EDT
Hi Everyone,, Where I live It is almost impossible to find .223 or 5.56 ammo at our nearest Walmart. I have a place I bought my first shells and they are PMC X-TAC   55 GrFMJ BT and cost $7.50 for a box of 20. Is that a fair price for this ammo? What do you all pay for ammo and where do you buy most of your sells. Thanks for any ideas, places that would allow me to get more ammo with a better deal. Thank you all for your help. Take care & have a great night/day. I am going to have to crash but I will check back here tomorrow.. Later, Mark
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to wikiarms.com for comparisons
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
$7.50 is not a bad price for that ammo.

Ordering some online usually has better pricing than anywhere local even after shipping.

I like AimSurplus, MidwayUSA, SGAmmo, Ammodepot, and Ammotogo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
This...sounds like a pretty fair price for X-Tac over the counter.
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$7.50 is not a bad price for that ammo.

Ordering some online usually has better pricing than anywhere local even after shipping.

I like AimSurplus, MidwayUSA, SGAmmo, Ammodepot, and Ammotogo.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi Everyone,, Where I live It is almost impossible to find .223 or 5.56 ammo at our nearest Walmart. I have a place I bought my first shells and they are PMC X-TAC   55 GrFMJ BT and cost $7.50 for a box of 20. Is that a fair price for this ammo? What do you all pay for ammo and where do you buy most of your sells. Thanks for any ideas, places that would allow me to get more ammo with a better deal. Thank you all for your help. Take care & have a great night/day. I am going to have to crash but I will check back here tomorrow.. Later, Mark
View Quote

Learn / start reloading. In the mean time, order on line, IN BULK. Buying boxes of ammo OTC is a waste of time. Especially if your area has a 3 BOX LIMIT!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I get almost all of my ammo online and save buy buying in bulk.

For 223/556 SGammo is running a really good deal on Wolf Gold (brass cased and boxer primed).  $299 + $16 shipping for 1000 rounds.  Definitely cheaper then buying over the counter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top