Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 6:30:04 AM EDT
A buddy of mine just bought a Chinese type 53 and it will extract unfired rounds just fine but after a round is fired it won't extract the empty case about 90% of the time. Other than having him scrub the chamber and keep it well oiled is there anything else I should look for if this doesn't fix the issue?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the same exact issue.  Check for head spacing.  I had couple of case separation.  

The rifle went to the garabe can literally (I only paid $80 for it)
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine just bought a Chinese type 53 and it will extract unfired rounds just fine but after a round is fired it won't extract the empty case about 90% of the time. Other than having him scrub the chamber and keep it well oiled is there anything else I should look for if this doesn't fix the issue?
View Quote

Buy a new rifle for the spare bolt.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you look at the extractor? Sounds like it is not staying engaged with the cartridge rum during bolt unlock.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:20:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Just going off what he has told me. Hopefully this weekend I can check it out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top