Not for a $100 scope.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
have an old Redfield 6x with the elevation turret stuck:
eBay shows these around $100: know anyone that can fix these
affordable? thanks
View Quote

Put some kroil around the turret seam and let it soak for a while. See if it will loosen up. Those scopes are not all that comples. See if you can find an exploded diagram for it. You can carefully dis-assemble it, being careful to keep all of the parts in sequential order. Find what is amiss and fix.it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and you just might learn from the effort. I rebuilt an old Weaver 3x, 3/4 inch tube (among several others) that I have been using on a Marlin 39 rifle. Both rifle and scope are 1958, and 1962-ish production respectively. It is a very accurate combo, and I really like the "old school" look the duo has.

If you would like, I will try to fix it for you free of charge. You will get it back in either case. Failing that, I would be amenable to buying it at a fair price. IN?EM me if you are interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top