Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2015 6:03:50 PM EDT
I have looked high and low for a VZ-61 stock adapter to complete my SBR project and have reached a dead-end.  

Czechpoint USA has them listed but they out of stock and, while they have them on order, there is no ETA for them.  Waffen Werks, who made the previous adapter plates, is apparently out of business.  There have been various other people who were going to make the adapter but none have been able to make it happen.

I am going to attempt to have the plates made for myself and would like people's recommendation for the type of steel to use for it.  The machine shop says they can make it out of anything.  Please refer to the pictures below to get an idea of the stresses being put on this adapter in making your recommendation.  If you have a recommendation for the type of steel to use, please post it and the reason you think it would be the best one to use.

I am not aware of any patent on the design.

The two pictures below are from an ad for the plates posted in the EE by member prebans.  This is to give you an idea of what the original adapter looked like.

This side is the portion the stock slides into:

This side is up against the back of the receiver:

The following 3 pictures are from this thread and were posted by member chemcmndr.

The adapter plate is attached to the rear of the VZ-61 via screws.  Rear view:

Rear side view:

Side view:

The pictures below are from Waffen Werks:

Stock folded:

Stock open:

Stock removed from adapter plate.  The original full auto version had the adapter portion milled into the receiver itself rather than use a separate plate.

This is a picture of the rear of the receiver as it was milled into the original machine-pistol's receiver.  

UPDATE 04/24/2015

I found this thread dated a week ago:

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/66-czechoslovakian/180157-vz-61-stock-adapter-help.html

CZpoint will have them in a month or so I am told
View Quote

Yeah, when I email they said they would have everything back in 2 to 5 months.
View Quote

That thread references this thread.

This is rather bizarre.  Why would Czechpoint USA state to me they don't know when they're getting it back in stock and another person there stated they haven't carried them in "years"?  

Anyway, I'm going forward with my plans.  I'll keep checking Czechpoint USA to see if the adapter plate comes back in stock.  I would be tickled if it really was back within a month.  

Please please please, if you are planning on SBR'ing a VZ-61, buy a stock from Czechpoint USA.  I checked to see how many they had in stock and if their inventory counter is working, then they only have 11 in stock.  Who knows, maybe they are getting a bunch more in along with their adapter plates.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to say that being the Vz61 is a .32 ACP, it's not that critical. There just isn't that much force going into that part. You could make it out of 1018 steel.  4140 steel probably would be overkill. You could probably even make it out of aluminum, but I don't see a good reason to do so.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If they do it CNC then it will be just as cheap to make 10 as it is to make 1.  I'm also looking for one.  Let me know if you have extras made how much one would be.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I am also looking for one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be interested in one as well as I would like to do the exact same thing and go the SBR route.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to say that being the Vz61 is a .32 ACP, it's not that critical. There just isn't that much force going into that part. You could make it out of 1018 steel.  4140 steel probably would be overkill. You could probably even make it out of aluminum, but I don't see a good reason to do so.
View Quote

Thank you.  I have a thread in General Discussion and they are recommending 4140 as well.

I definitely want to make a big run of these as no one else is making them.  I was in touch with Czechpoint USA and it sounds like they may not even be getting any in.  Once I get closer to getting this done, I will get permission and pay the dealer fee, etc to be able to get these into the right hands.  I know there must be interest for these adapters as many pistols were sold.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Make sure they don't ignore that slight contour on the back side (side that touched the receiver).  It allows the adapter to sit in the slight recess on the rear of the receivers.

...What I really wish is that R-T Manufacturing would just make more of their receivers with the stock notch intact.  They used to YEARS ago.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Make sure they don't ignore that slight contour on the back side (side that touched the receiver).  It allows the adapter to sit in the slight recess on the rear of the receivers.

...What I really wish is that R-T Manufacturing would just make more of their receivers with the stock notch intact.  They used to YEARS ago.
View Quote

Absolutely.  Since they will have a pistol to work with, they will get the measurements correct for the recess.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love one as I missed the boat after I picked up a scorpion and forgot about the project.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Any updates here?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I need one and would buy one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Go with 4140 or 4340 or a similar alloy steel and you will be fine.

Don't use aluminum or plain low carbon steel.  The loss of strength isn't worth the tiny cost savings.

Im a Mech/E by the way.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any updates here?
View Quote

I gave all the information to the machine shop.  I don't know where my project stands in line, but this is not a project I'm dropping.  I have filed 2 eForm 1's pending so
there is no other option for me but to get these made.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Go with 4140 or 4340 or a similar alloy steel and you will be fine.

Don't use aluminum or plain low carbon steel.  The loss of strength isn't worth the tiny cost savings.

Im a Mech/E by the way.
View Quote

That's what I told them to go with.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I gave all the information to the machine shop.  I don't know where my project stands in line, but this is not a project I'm dropping.  I have filed 2 eForm 1's pending so
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates here?

That is fantastic.  Please keep me updated.  I'd take 2 or 3 for myself and maybe a few more for my friends.  I just picked up a few more barreled kits, so I'm on the hunt for receivers and adapters.

Also, if for some reason it falls through, please also let me know so I can begin trying to source them elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That is fantastic.  Please keep me updated.  I'd take 2 or 3 for myself and maybe a few more for my friends.  I just picked up a few more barreled kits, so I'm on the hunt for receivers and adapters.

Also, if for some reason it falls through, please also let me know so I can begin trying to source them elsewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any updates here?

Absolutely.  Who knows, maybe the threads I've posted will get someone else off their fanny and get these made sooner.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#16]
The worst part of not having the dimensions is that I recently bought a complete SBR Skorpion, with adapter and all installed, but I can't take possession of it for months.  I'd remove it to measure, but that won't be for a while.

I've got examples of the "stock-side" dimensions (the v-notch and scallop side).  Do you happen to have any technical drawings of the back plate of a pistol receiver?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:22:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I worked at an importer for quite some time. All the vz61 stuff we had was bought by ADEQ in Tampa, FL. Not sure they are still in business but try them to see if they have the folding stock with adapter plate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#18]

UPDATE 04/24/2015

I found this thread dated a week ago:

http://www.theakforum.net/forums/66-czechoslovakian/180157-vz-61-stock-adapter-help.html

CZpoint will have them in a month or so I am told
View Quote

Yeah, when I email they said they would have everything back in 2 to 5 months.
View Quote

That thread references this thread.

This is rather bizarre.  Why would Czechpoint USA state to me they don't know when they're getting it back in stock and another person there stated they haven't carried them in "years"?  

Anyway, I'm going forward with my plans.  I'll keep checking Czechpoint USA to see if the adapter plate comes back in stock.  I would be tickled if it really was back within a month.  

Please please please, if you are planning on SBR'ing a VZ-61, buy a stock from Czechpoint USA.  I checked to see how many they had in stock and if their inventory counter is working, then they only have 11 in stock.  Who knows, maybe they are getting a bunch more in along with their adapter plates.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:21:00 AM EDT
[#19]
I apologize, but I don't quite follow why we should buy the stock from Czechpoint?

It's probably also worth noting that I asked them, about a week ago, about stripped receivers being restocked and they said they weren't.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I apologize, but I don't quite follow why we should buy the stock from Czechpoint?

It's probably also worth noting that I asked them, about a week ago, about stripped receivers being restocked and they said they weren't.
View Quote

Because then people will have problems finding a stock which would be even more difficult to reproduce.  They'll have an adapter and then kick themselves for not having bought a stock when it was easily available.  Now if the link I posted is true, then they will likely replenish everything, minus the pistols and receivers as you point out.

ETA:  Apex Gun Parts and a few other places used to have stocks, but Czechpoint seems to be the only place left to get them except for the secondary market.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh OK gotcha.  I have a few parts kits so I already have them around...but no adapters!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh OK gotcha.  I have a few parts kits so I already have them around...but no adapters!
View Quote

Yeah, I figured I'd mention it here since there may be people following the thread.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#23]
You are aware of the Recon Ordinance kits, right? The ones on GB. Complete less rate reducer, with barrel and all accessories for $295.  Fantastic deal.  He's also got complete guns listed, and receivers inbound.

I'm not affiliated with the guy.  Just a great price.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You are aware of the Recon Ordinance kits, right? The ones on GB. Complete less rate reducer, with barrel and all accessories for $295.  Fantastic deal.  He's also got complete guns listed, and receivers inbound.

I'm not affiliated with the guy.  Just a great price.
View Quote

I wouldn't mind an extra kit.  This would literally be a "parts kit" since I have two parts kits but also two stripped receivers.  I'll take a look at that.  That's actually a good price since the barrels alone are $95 when available.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#25]
If you have trouble getting it off the ground, I would totally be down to take this project on. Would like to get my name out there a bit and I like specialty stuff like this.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Where and Who do I send my money to?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Want in as well....... Where to send the cash flow age !!!,
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Want in as well....... Where to send the cash flow age !!!,
View Quote

Czechpoint-USA just announced that they are going to have their adapters available in June.  So, for now, my project is on hold.  Of course, Murphy's Law.  I'm just glad I didn't go too deep into the project.

I'm still not sure why they weren't more forthright about their plans on making these available.  Anyway, who care as long as we can all make registered SBR's!

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Do you have still have detailed photos and measurements?  Have they been turned into technical drawings?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do you have still have detailed photos and measurements?  Have they been turned into technical drawings?
View Quote

Yes and he was working on it.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess what I was getting at is that I wouldn't totally abandon the project just yet.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I guess what I was getting at is that I wouldn't totally abandon the project just yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, more like on hold for now.  I have one SBR and waiting on 2 other Form 1's.  The one that is already and SBR had the stock drilled and the receiver drilled and tapped, then the stock attached directly to the receiver.  I don't like that I cannot remove the stock and I would like to use an adapter.  The issue is obviously where the holes line up.  Ugh.  It would be nice to have an adapter so the holes can be drilled in the proper location.

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Recon Ordnance sells the adapters.  Apparently he's been selling them for a long time.  He doesn't make them himself and he doesn't know
what steel they are made from, but from what he describes they are built well.  I will post pictures up in the near future.  Both my VZ-61 SBR
eForm 1's were approved last week (about 90 days) so I'll be sending my pistolero in to a gunsmith I know to have the stock installed.  I will update
the thread when that happens.

ETA:  Czechpoint-USA doesn't have the adapters in stock yet.

ETA2:  I have ZERO affiliation with Recon Ordnance.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Czechpoint-USA also has the stock adapters now.

I presume that the adapters are manufactured by different people but I have no way of knowing for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Just placed an order for one from Czechpoint-USA
Thanks OP
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thanks OP
View Quote

Two left now.

Thanks C4
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#37]
One (1) Left.

I placed 2 units in my cart and it went to "out of stock."  I reduced my order to 1 unit and it came back to "in stock."  Don't hesitate!
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One (1) Left.

I placed 2 units in my cart and it went to "out of stock."  I reduced my order to 1 unit and it came back to "in stock."  Don't hesitate!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2015 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One (1) Left.

Haha.  So I guess that's it?

I'm about to order some receivers from Recon Ordnance and may grab one more from Jerry at that point, but, being that I don't 100% know if he has them, I figured I'd get one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 12:29:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Two left now.

Thanks C4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks OP

Two left now.

Thanks C4

You're welcome.  I'm glad these have finally shown up.

Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Bummer I'm a week late.... does anyone know if they plan to get more in?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I saw one on eBay right after I placed my order..
It didn't say who made the adapter.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bummer I'm a week late.... does anyone know if they plan to get more in?
View Quote

Check Recon Ordnance.  I'm almost sure he has them.  His gunbroker listings for them come and go.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#44]
At least one more posted to GunBroker.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#45]
One on eBay ending in 15 hrs.
Seller is in Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top