Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2015 10:07:30 AM EDT
I have the opportunity to get a Le 6920 colt law enforcement carbine with the roll mark for law enforcement or military use or export . Is this carbine worth more than a normal le6920?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really, unless someone really really wants one, but they are not hard to find.
Since Colt started using standard sized hammer & trigger pins, the older models that have the large sized pins are not as popular...
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
It's worth about 10%-20% more than a regular/new Colt.

My restricted marked lower has the regular sized pins.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Subjective. I say no- worth less.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:46:42 AM EDT
[#4]
In Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Relic of the ban days. Not worth more in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:31:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:33:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

This...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:41:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol yeah right.  depends on how bad a buyer wants it i guess.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:05:25 AM EDT
[#10]
In Philadelphia, it's worth fifty bucks.

HaHa, I love that movie!
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Agree.....tried buying one and the offers I got were ridiculously high.....
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I have two and I don't consider them any more valuable, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

And how did you arrive at "worth 10-20% more"?

For every person I know who likes that dumb ass roll mark, I know three others who see it as the "fuck off citizen" message it was intended as.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#14]
They are not worth anymore then any of the other LE6920's.

From a personal stand point though, they are cool as hell to own so if you are getting a GOOD price on it, go for it! Don't over pay just because of that marking though!
The only LE6920 that I know of that commands a premium price is the LE6920 SOCOM and SOCOM II, specifically the ones with the M4A1 Carbine marking. They have one that also says M4 Carbine but that one is not hard to find. The MK18/BLOCK II guys want the M4A1 Carbine marked units for their clone builds. COLT stopped making them, everyone's out of them except Gunbroker. The stripped complete lowers go for $700~800.00 on their own.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

This is exactly right. There are some out there that are more than willing to have the older "LE restricted" rollmark and pay more for it. There was another guy here recently who posed the same question. He had a chance to buy on in used condition for $970. Considering they were almost $1400 back when they were new, it was a decent price. Again, if that is what a person is looking for, then it is worth the price. They do not make them that way anymore and have not since 2009. I bought mine new in 2008. I also have a LMT with the "LE restricted" rollmark. So, value wise, it depends on the buyer and condition of the Colt. In excellent condition, I would venture to say somewhere around $1100-$1200 and, depending on condition, you can go down from there. You have to remember, right now, these are more nostalgic than anything else because the LE6920 is still in production although it is not the same. That said, it could come the day that these may no longer get produced, given Colt's financial problems, and they could actually be worth more. That is just speculation on my part. It is ultimately up to the buyer and what they are willing to pay. If a seller is really greedy and thinking they have something worth a lot more than what they sold for new, walk away.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Honestly that roll mark upsets me. Reminds me of tyranny.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

For every person I know who likes that dumb ass roll mark, I know three others who see it as the "fuck off citizen" message it was intended as.

View Quote

That's what they sell around the area that I live
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Worthless and can possibly get you harassed by dumbass LEOs who dont know the ban expired.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Worthless and can possibly get you harassed by dumbass LEOs who dont know the ban expired.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#20]
The restricted markings aside, some prefer the older ......
Colt's Law
Enforcement
Carbine

marking over the current ....
M4 Carbine

I bought mine new in 2009 and it has standard-size FC pins besides being restricted/law-enforcement-carbine marked.

I don't think it demands any more than any other used LE6920.

But some like them marked that way and they don't make them like that any more.

I would cross post in the Industry/Colt forum for a more knowledgeable response.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#21]
not worth much more
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#22]
It all depends on that particular buyer.

Restricted-marked Colts are not rare by any stretch of the imagination.

As you have seen, there is no general consensus on whether the restricted markings help or hurt the potential value.

As an example, I've had both restricted and non-restricted marked Colts.  For me, the restricted markings are a reminder of the bad old days and I find them undesirable.  Therefore, for me, the markings actually hurt the value.  Some others seem to think that the markings make the Colt somehow special.  The markings enhance the value to them, but I doubt that they fetch more than maybe a 10% premium.

So.... you have to decide if you like the markings or not (it sounds like you do).  Don't get suckered into paying more than about $20 or $30 more.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This isn't GD.  Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That genuinely surprises me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I wouldnt pay any more for the LEO marking.  Kind of glad to see that stuff go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:06:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I checked GB: the restricted 6920 have sold for $1200-$1300 used and $1800 new.  

Remember the gun has a carry handle, and 2 Colt metal 20rd mags and it is not as common as the newer M4 or other 6920 models.

I have both an LE Carbine with the roll mark and large pins, and an M4 Walmart Magpul gun. I paid the same for both, right at about $1250 each and I have no regrets.

I'm keeping the Roll marked NIB  and the WM gun for targets.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#27]
There is a 6940 on Gunbroker now with the restricted marking on the lower and a statement from Colt as well as a label on the box stating that the rifle was one of the last 100 produced with the restricted markings. The price is 5000$.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't forget that some of the early 6920s had no sear block and were marked "safe/semi" instead of "safe/fire". Those are definitely not common...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top