Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:34:35 AM EDT
[#1]
A man I trust, Kevin Boland, who just recently left KAC to work with FN, who is no fan of the SCAR has relayed by guys he trust that the SCAR ate more than an Elcan or two....A NF, ACOG, Leupy...etc.  Whether he witnessed these incidents personally, or passed along to him, I can't recall.

I don't think it is any coincidence that certain manufacturers have begun in the last couple years to specifically state "CAR or (S)CAR rated" on their optics....

Do I think it is as big of an issue as made on the internet? Who knows, but I take Mr. KevinB for his word, and on TOS he has stated what I have written above.  W/ that said, airsoft rifles can bring down high dollar optics also.  This rifle has brought down optics that were no problem for .50BMG and 300WM.  Make with it what you will but the fwd force of that BCG/CH setup is certainly more than any other rifle or machine gun in the game today.  Coincidentally that same fwd movement or motion from airsoft is what kills optics.

There are guys on TOS that have had optics destroyed by semi auto SCAR-H's....

I still want one however.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I love and have owned a few Benelli's but with the current market I would buy another Vepr-12 instead.  Russian made, and might end up impossible to get.  I wish I had bought more of them before CT stopped my shopping sprees.  Extremely fun gun and mine has been 100%.  I would grab it before my Beretta 1201FP, SPAS, Saiga, or Mossberg 500.  If I was really concerned with my safety, only the 870 would trump it currently.  If collecting/resale is not your thing and the Benelli is your dream, you have good taste.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't go wrong with the Benelli M2. I'd get a SCAR if I coudl afford it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Sighted in my 16s and 17s with T2s today, excellent combination for both calibers, used M80 and M193! No doubt that the SCAR 17s is my favorite out of all my military rifles. I still like my AR based weapons as well as other 5.56, 5.45 and 6.8 carbines, but the 17s is the best. Also rate the Benelli M2 Tactical as my favorite shotgun with the M4 right behind. Get a SCAR in either caliber and a Benelli and never look back, doesn't mean you shouldn't have a Colt AR though
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top