Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2015 10:01:01 AM EDT
The C93 5.56 rifle made by Century, I saw them on J&G's sight last fall, but was knee deep in a AR build. Now I can't seem to find one in stock. Are more on the way or is the run over ? -Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:41:11 AM EDT
[#1]
It kind of seem like the supply of Cetme's, Golani's, and C-93's always dries up.

What sucks is CAI relies on getting the parts kits in, then getting someone to do a big run of receivers, etc; to make these (seems like in big batches).

And I think what doesn't go to major online retailers goes to LGS's and move quickly.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Cabela's seemingly got a lot of those.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:17:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Century still has the rifle and pistol available on their website, but I don't have an answer on whether they are new production or if they are remaining inventory from a previous production run.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Word of warning regarding the warranty on Century guns, their warranty is only good for a year and it's NOT from the date YOU purchased it but from the day THEY built it!  They build it, it goes out to a distributor and then on a dealer's shelf and if it doesn't sell for a year, you buy it and there's a problem with it, sorry, but the warranty expired on it before you even got it out the door!  Century has the reputation it has for good reason....and it ain't a good one!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish I had never sold my HK93 I had bought back in the mid '90s. It was a great shooting rifle. I had about a dozen original HK mags for it also.
That one was one of my regrettable gun sales.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't see the price on Century's site, says I need to have a dealer get the price. Does anyone know the price, or do I have to have a local FFL look it up ?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I think they've ceased production based on the sudden price increase I've seen at the common retailers. They are made from Malaysian parts kits which may have run out. Alternatively, Century may be waiting to do a batch order/release. Who the frak knows? It's Century. Coincidentally, I'm taking delivery of the C93 pistol tomorrow, which I put on layaway last August and totally forgot about. Hopefully it's not a lemon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a C93 pistol back in Oct/Nov.
I had asked Century for a loaner to write an article on back then and my contact said "There are less than 9 in the warehouse, we don't need the press and when they are gone, they are gone."

It runs well and whoever did the build, did a really good job on these except for the placement of the cocking tube/charging handle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a bunch of them on Gunbroker for sale/auction.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Just picked up the C93 pistol from my FFL. Fit and finish look decent, welds look good and the operation is smooth. The charging handle is a little stiff, but once unlocked, pulls back smoothly. Trigger function and safety are crisp. The diopter is very hard to turn.  I'll try and snap a pic or two and post, but if she shoots, I'll call it good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top