Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2015 11:48:19 PM EDT
Afternoon all.  I have done a lot of business on the EE but not much posting as I am definitely not an authority here.  Also, not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread....

So I ordered the ARX on Tuesday, Feb 17th because the out-the-door price was $1195 shipped.  Thought this was a pretty good deal for an interesting carbine.  At the time of ordering, the item did not show "in stock" but said it would ship within 5-7 days.

If it pleases the group and the mods, I will keep you informed on the process.  I have heard...never experienced...that Botach can be a little misleading in their delivery timelines.  They have already taken posession of the funds.  

So far I have called and gotten confirmation of my order, receipt of my FFL paperwork and said they expect the shipment of rifles to arrive at their facility early next week (Namely Tuesday, Feb 24).

I will keep you informed...
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Save it for GD...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't been screwed by them yet. I think most of their problems were in the early days. I'll keep you informed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I was interested in this rifle when it came out at shot last year. I haven't seen one in person yet but I have read that the trigger is awful.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/17/gun-review-beretta-arx-100-review/

Interested in hearing you range report.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#4]
$1195, thats it? That is surprising...

If only Remington had a brain like Berreta! Everyone would own an ACR
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
most places want $1500-$1600 for that.  i was afraid of ordering from them.  that is like a buy one get a free eotech kind of deal.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:00:51 PM EDT
[#6]
There are rumors that geissele and timney have a trigger in the works. The trigger doesn't look that complicated at all.  MAC seems to not mind the trigger even though it's a little heavy.

Yeah, $1195 was good to me. They have since gone back up to $1495 which is still the best price I have seen both used and new.

I have ARs and just wanted something different and 21st century.  At that price, I think I can get my money back out of it if it's no what I want.

We will how long it takes to ship.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are rumors that geissele and timney have a trigger in the works. The trigger doesn't look that complicated at all.  MAC seems to not mind the trigger even though it's a little heavy.

Yeah, $1195 was good to me. They have since gone back up to $1495 which is still the best price I have seen both used and new.

I have ARs and just wanted something different and 21st century.  At that price, I think I can get my money back out of it if it's no what I want.

View Quote

When you select black from the dropdown it goes to $1195 @ botach still.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
You are right. My bad. Seems like a good deal even if you have to wait a little.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I've shot mini14's that were as accurate as that rifle in the review.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I think you'll like it when you get it , just purchased one myself , prob done ran 5-600 rnds through it
Triggers not bad imho
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:23:45 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, based on my limited experience (2 orders) with Botach You will eventually get you gun but it will take longer than any estimate they give.

My first order from them several years ago was for a AR57 upper and mags, the price was very good ($175 less than any place else) but...

placed order
card charged immediately
10 days later received mags
2+ months later upper received

2nd order was for some small parts, rail covers, Magpul grip, & trigger guards.
order received in 6 days.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Lets hope that doesn't happen...but I won't be surprised if it does.

Looks like its getting lots of appreciation from the gun review community.  

The cool thing about the system is it has a captured recoil system which eliminates the need to all metal construction.  The gun can run literally lubeless other than the bolt cam.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#13]
love me some botach.
If you're smart enough, botach has great prices and quick shipping.
I received a package from them yesterday and another last week.

Not so much of a fan of the Beretta though.

Have fun
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Botach had a scary rep back in the day.............people still carry that shit over to now........I cant tell you how many things I have ordered from Botach, never an issue and easy to get a hold of.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#15]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

The trigger is not that bad at all it has almost no reset, sure Geissele can and improve it... But I wouldn't consider a must 99% of this has been ginned up up by basement dwellers that most of there experience comes from Call of Duty and will probably will never own one.  I would rather see Beretta offer another lower to take advantage of AR grips

That is a heck of deal (thats like the price of my scar barrel ) mostly all that I see "sell" on GB are in the $1500 range

I recently installed a TA31 RCO Acog on mine, and its perfect.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The trigger is not that bad at all it has almost no reset, sure Geissele can and improve it... But I wouldn't consider a must 99% of this has been ginned up up by basement dwellers that most of there experience comes from Call of Duty and will probably will never own one.  I would rather see Beretta offer another lower to take advantage of AR grips

That is a heck of deal (thats like the price of my scar barrel ) mostly all that I see "sell" on GB are in the $1500 range

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously, I sold my 16" Scar barrel and still haven't purchased a 10" because they are so damn expensive. Looks like the beretta barrels will be in the $400 range.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:44:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn thats a great price, even with the Botach history, I'd wait on that and see if I get it. I hope you do OP.

I have had some issues with them in the past, but man they post some good deals once in a while and I have to bite.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#18]
What is said about the trigger is true. it needs help and yes I do have one. I am a big Berretta fan but the trigger is a very heavy pull.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#19]
I've ordered tons of mags from them, always had them within a week...
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:32:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I place quite a few of orders with Botach. Never had any issue, and often have the best prices out there.

I think it's just cool to hate on Botach these days? Spreads and people report it as 2nd/3rd hand info.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:05:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Well here is Tuesday with no tracking info as promised.  I have bugged them a little today and yesterday but have gotten answers like, "I will have to get with the warehouse for that info"....or..."I'm actually not sure if these will ship from our warehouse or the manufacturer".  I sure hope I get a tracking number this evening.

Here is the email I got from them on Friday evening (Feb 20th).  I really don't want to hate on them as you are right, they tend to have great deals!  I ask that they don't give me a reason....

Thank you for shopping at Botach Tactical.

Your FFL information has been received and your paperwork is currently being processed.

The arrival of our Beretta firearm shipment is slightly behind schedule due to the difficult climate conditions in some of our eastern states.  The Beretta's will begin to ship on Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th of next week. Tracking information will be emailed to you as soon as it's available. We thank you for your patience. Have a nice day.

Botach Tactical
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Just an FYI, I ordered one on the 15th and received same email delay on 17th.  As of now I still do not have a tracking number, although I do believe it will ship out soon.  I will update when I receive my tracking.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#23]
In one of the ARX100 (or was it the 160?) threads, there were people giving advice on how to improve the trigger and I think one of the board smiths was offering a trigger job service. Does anybody remember the thread?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:32:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well here is Tuesday with no tracking info as promised.  I have bugged them a little today and yesterday but have gotten answers like, "I will have to get with the warehouse for that info"....or..."I'm actually not sure if these will ship from our warehouse or the manufacturer".  I sure hope I get a tracking number this evening.

Here is the email I got from them on Friday evening (Feb 20th).  I really don't want to hate on them as you are right, they tend to have great deals!  I ask that they don't give me a reason....

Your FFL information has been received and your paperwork is currently being processed.

The arrival of our Beretta firearm shipment is slightly behind schedule due to the difficult climate conditions in some of our eastern states.  The Beretta's will begin to ship on Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th of next week. Tracking information will be emailed to you as soon as it's available. We thank you for your patience. Have a nice day.

Botach Tactical
View Quote

So basically, they are admitting that they took your money by " selling you " something that they don't even have in stock.

How much you want to bet that the " sale " was actually about getting enough paid suckers lined up so they could PLACE an order with Beretta at all.

These assholes never change  
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
So basically, they are admitting that they took your money by " selling you " something that they don't even have in stock.

How much you want to bet that the " sale " was actually about getting enough paid suckers lined up so they could PLACE an order with Beretta at all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX,

Botach Tactical

Where else can you get them for $1200? If you wanted it fast Botach is not the one to order from. If you want it cheap this deal can't be beat.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:04:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Botach Tactical

Wouldnt surprise me. While I dont think I can share the price, I can tell you that Beretta's employee/industry price is slightly more expensive than Botach's. So their margin  is about as thin as it gets even for a big dealer like them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:17:40 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Wouldnt surprise me. While I dont think I can share the price, I can tell you that Beretta's employee/industry price is slightly more expensive than Botach's. So their margin  is about as thin as it gets even for a big dealer like them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX,

Botach Tactical

Are you a Beretta employee?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Botach Tactical

No. But they have an industry/employee purchase program that I have access to.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Botach Tactical

This guy!
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Just wanted to update everyone. I had ordered one on the 13th and just received an email with tracking number and status change.
So, finally they are shipping these rifles out
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Just wanted to update everyone. I had ordered one on the 13th and just received an email with tracking number and status change.

View Quote

Good news! I hope Botach keeps them at this price.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I ordered one three days ago. I have yet to get the FFL confirmation email. I had been looking at these for awhile, and the chance to save $200+ off a good price elsewhere is worth having to wait for me. YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or at least till the FDE model comes out!

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much what I am waiting for. That and short barrels in 5.56 and .300 BLK.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top