Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
With the bushmaster does only the enhanced stock fold?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just announced, Remington Defense products Abdallah for the civilian market.

No ACR

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/12/remington-defense-products-now-available-commercially/
View Quote

No surprise.  the Rem ACR would kill the useless Bushy version.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I guess I will settle for the RGP if it's priced right.......
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No ACR

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/03/12/remington-defense-products-now-available-commercially/

I would be happy if the would at least release some of the ACR parts through BM. Why is this so damn hard?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No ACR

View Quote

I see you have Allahcorrect on your mullahphone.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If they sell these for under $1500, maybe. If they were so great though, then the military would be employing them in some fashion (i.e. why did the SEALS choose HK416's over the ACR?).
View Quote

What the military is using isn't a particularly useful indicator of pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What the military is using isn't a particularly useful indicator of pretty much anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If they sell these for under $1500, maybe. If they were so great though, then the military would be employing them in some fashion (i.e. why did the SEALS choose HK416's over the ACR?).

To the low information buyer it is.

Look at the #1 AR barrel sold these days. The useless M4 profile tops the list.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think choosing an M4 profile automatically makes you a low-info buyer.  Some of us don't want to or can't spend $3500 on boutique rifles to post pics of here on ARfcom, and/or we just like clones of what the military uses.  Note I said clones, not "hey this is the exact gun the Army uses."  For a lot of us that don't have fantasies about foreign invasions or societal breakdowns, we buy decent range guns that we can shoot with our friends and families, not much else.  Barrel profile for plinking and even personal defense doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot.  Same reason I wouldn't buy a SOCOM M1A, I'd rather have the M14 clone as used in the late 50's/60's.  Each to his own I guess.

Back on topic, it does suck that Remington won't give us an ACR.  So many people have expressed a desire for that version.  It seems like some of these gun makers the last few years do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the gun folks like us want to see.  I lusted after the Magpul Masada, and would have even bought a Bushmaster ACR at $1300-$1400.  But I won't pay $2000 or so for something that doesn't give me that much (if any) advantage over a sub-$700 AR.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Whats so special about the Remington ACR that they won't sell it? Why don't they just carry the features over to the Bushmaster ACR? Why do they need two models? Doesn't Remington and Bushmaster want to sell more ACR and make more money?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#12]
amazing gun.
that's like dream for the future.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Whats so special about the Remington ACR that they won't sell it? Why don't they just carry the features over to the Bushmaster ACR? Why do they need two models? Doesn't Remington and Bushmaster want to sell more ACR and make more money?
View Quote

+1. ACR is the only gun I want to plop down money for at the moment
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because that makes entirely too much sense, and is not difficult enough.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bushy is de-contented and cheaper to produce, yet has a higher MSRP than the Remington =  More profit $$$$$
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#16]
First time I've seen them at $1500.  Worth buying now?  Don't know what features most of us would be missing out on, but I haven't followed the ACR too closely...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_60/products_id/62890/Bushmaster+90704+ACR+30%2B1+223REM5.56NATO+16.5%22+Black+Enhanced

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Why is the enhanced version cheaper than the regular plastic handguard version on Buds? Also the FDE enhanced is still 2k.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

First time I've seen them at $1500.  Worth buying now?  Don't know what features most of us would be missing out on, but I haven't followed the ACR too closely...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_60/products_id/62890/Bushmaster+90704+ACR+30%2B1+223REM5.56NATO+16.5%22+Black+Enhanced

View Quote

Wow. At that price I couldn't resist. I've wanted an ACR since the Masada days but couldn't justify the cost at the time. This is cheaper than what folks are asking on used rifles.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow. At that price I couldn't resist. I've wanted an ACR since the Masada days but couldn't justify the cost at the time. This is cheaper than what folks are asking on used rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh, $1475 with make an offer.  I may have to FO
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#20]

SIG is going to sell a shit ton of those if they can deliver that product to the public.  I just noticed the upper is backwards compatible with a standard AR lower (including folding stock). They'll sell a ton of those too.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
SIG is going to sell a shit ton of those if they can deliver that product to the public.  I just noticed the upper is backwards compatible with a standard AR lower (including folding stock). They'll sell a ton of those too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Galil called and wants its 1970s era folder back. A new rifle should use a stock like the SCAR; fold-able and adjustable. Not a fan of the overly skeletonized hand guard either.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#23]
SIG has another folder that will fit on that rifle that looks real good...........makes my decision even harder

Quoted:

The Galil called and wants its 1970s era folder back. A new rifle should use a stock like the SCAR; fold-able and adjustable. Not a fan of the overly skeletonized hand guard either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, a couple of years ago, at Perry, a guy from Bushmaster offered me an Enhanced for ~$1800. I thought it was a hell of a deal and I was tempted, but had just bought a MP10 and wasn't looking to spend that sort of coin at the time.

$1500 is a damn good price, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn, that is so tempting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?
A Yugo car that has it's price lowered to a Chevy Camaro, instead of a Corvette, is still an overpriced Yugo shit box.
There are far better choices at both the same and lower price point than an ACR.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why?
A Yugo car that has it's price lowered to a Chevy Camaro, instead of a Corvette, is still an overpriced Yugo shit box.
There are far better choices at both the same and lower price point than an ACR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I don't think I would compare the ACR to a Yugo shit box car...good lord
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Because I am bored to tears with AR's and AK's, that is why.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

Off the top of my head, the Tavor, AUG, ARX and even the XCR all will give you better service.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've always liked the Masada concept and will own one some day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Off the top of my head, the Tavor, AUG, ARX and even the XCR all will give you better service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

The Aug is the only one that would interest me.  The BM ACR lacks a lot of the features of the ideal ACR; however, it is still a very nice rifle....especially when you get down to a lower price point.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm starting to get the ACR bug again since they are blowing them out. Had a couple in the past and were very nice and very accurate rifles. Maybe Remington will release their version since these are being dumped below cost.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Remington ACR or the MPAR 556? Damn can't decide.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#34]
That thing is super fugley IMO        
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks good to me except for that ugly stock.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok I like

Are they ever gonna sell them?

Quoted:

So at Shot Show Remington announced that they will be selling their Remington Defense line commercially now, so maybe dreams do come true.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/078/6/4/remington_acr_individual_carbine_by_scarlighter-d4ta5cn.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#37]
ACR Enhanced owner again
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, all the hate for the kate moss stock! Anyway, they have multiple stock options, including a standard AR collapsable, but that particular stock is extremely thin:

Nothing wrong with options, you know? Well, actually, if you're an ACR fan, I guess you don't.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

ACR Enhanced owner again
View Quote

Got mine in yesterday. Ergos are great and comfortable but good god I need to shed some weight off that barrel/front end.

This thing is begging to be SBR'd.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#40]
It's a shame they didn't hit this price point three years ago before I entered Divorce Court.   I'd have one.

Nowdays, survival is more important that nifty new guns that server no other purpose than something cool to own.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#41]
So they still have the heavy quick change barrel assembly, but still no caliber conversions?  What's the point of the extra weight then?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#42]
From what I remembered I never considered the ACR to heavy/front heavy. I will compare it again to my M4 and ARX when it comes in. I never been to weight sensitive to rifle weights and owning some Barrett's and EBR's in the past these carbines are all feather weights for what I use them for. SBR would be the tits on that rife though, too bad BM could never get it together and hopefully Rem version will come to the lowly civilian market.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just announced, Remington Defense products available for the civilian market.

No ACR

View Quote

I like the ACR, never shot one, but felt a few. From what I remember it felt great with excellent controls.

What I am more excited about is the R5 hitting the market.

This thing looks real nice!

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:46:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I actually was, until I looked at the price. It makes the MR556 look like a budget carbine

$3890

I've heard good things about it. However, considering it doesn't have any real world use, and a SIG MCX not only has real world use, but has been adopted for one major HSLD competition and is the forerunner right now for the JSOC IRG, and it's MSRP is $2200. WHY would I buy the RGP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just announced, Remington Defense products available for the civilian market.

No ACR

I like the ACR, never shot one, but felt a few. From what I remember it felt great with excellent controls.

What I am more excited about is the R5 hitting the market.

This thing looks real nice!

http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/~/media/Images/RemingtonMilitary/product_photos/firearms/firearm_carbine_R5_1.ashx

I actually was, until I looked at the price. It makes the MR556 look like a budget carbine

$3890

I've heard good things about it. However, considering it doesn't have any real world use, and a SIG MCX not only has real world use, but has been adopted for one major HSLD competition and is the forerunner right now for the JSOC IRG, and it's MSRP is $2200. WHY would I buy the RGP?

That's insane! I definitely am keeping an eye on the MCX and appreciate your insight/info in the other thread, Joe.

I recently picked up my ACR enhanced and hope to shoot it this weekend. I've got to determine a game plan to shed weight or at least change the balance. A long term plan would be to SBR but I'd have to make sure I am sold on the platform and didn't want to move in a different direction. I'm an AR15 guy tried and true but I've needed some variety recently.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Has anyone seen any of the other Remington Defense products for sale?  Not really interested in anything but the ACR, just curious as to whether this is a real effort on Remington to provide these products or just a small niche window that is not really going anywhere.  If the latter, you can be assured the ACR will never happen.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top