BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No mention but I would guess 2K-3K for the first couple years. Value wise, no way would the ACR improve enough (assuming reliability on par or better) to make you dump your AR. Really the big upgrades would be the modular barrel system, folding stock, and faster bolt manipulation controls.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are they indicating what MSRP will be?

I have to be honest: I wouldn't mind having one, but price is going to be a pretty important consideration, unless it improves greatly on my go-to AR.

No mention but I would guess 2K-3K for the first couple years. Value wise, no way would the ACR improve enough (assuming reliability on par or better) to make you dump your AR. Really the big upgrades would be the modular barrel system, folding stock, and faster bolt manipulation controls.

Yeah, exactly. It's a nice rifle, but not THAT nice.

Bushmaster offered me an ACR Enhanced for ~$1800 at Perry, the year before last. If i hadn't just bought a MP10 I might have went with it. If the Remington is still up to snuff, quality-wise, I'd consider that a reasonable price range for it. At ~$1500, I'd take the chance that I might have to send it back to them.

We'll see where prices settle, I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Bushmaster offered me an ACR Enhanced for ~$1800 at Perry, the year before last. If i hadn't just bought a MP10 I might have went with it. If the Remington is still up to snuff, quality-wise, I'd consider that a reasonable price range for it. At ~$1500, I'd take the chance that I might have to send it back to them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to be honest: I wouldn't mind having one, but price is going to be a pretty important consideration, unless it improves greatly on my go-to AR.

I would only consider buying one if caliber conversions were readily available.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No, the ARX does not have it all for a lot less. The ACR is much much more slim, has a first class modular handguard, can take any AR-15 pistol grip, can take any AR-15 trigger, has QD sling integration, can take any AR-15 magazine, has a more robust stock with height adjustment, has a much lower optic rail to bore height, and the charging handle is folding and up front where it should be. The ARX is a really nice gun, but not to the ACR level in terms of user interface.

Don't really care about the pistol grip. Ar15 triggers is a definite plus but certainly  not a deal breaker. First class modular hand guard? Hmmm. Anyways, the ARX 100 is made by a competent company so that is definitely a plus.

I take that first one back.... It would actually be pretty nice to have AR15 pistol grips. The barrel change on the ARX 100 is also pretty awesome.

I do agree the charging handle on the ACR is in a better spot but it certainly isn't a deal breaker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All things that the Beretta ARX 100 have for a little over half the cost. I imagine the ACR will be a tad more accurate due to the quick change barrel on the ARX though.

No, the ARX does not have it all for a lot less. The ACR is much much more slim, has a first class modular handguard, can take any AR-15 pistol grip, can take any AR-15 trigger, has QD sling integration, can take any AR-15 magazine, has a more robust stock with height adjustment, has a much lower optic rail to bore height, and the charging handle is folding and up front where it should be. The ARX is a really nice gun, but not to the ACR level in terms of user interface.

Don't really care about the pistol grip. Ar15 triggers is a definite plus but certainly  not a deal breaker. First class modular hand guard? Hmmm. Anyways, the ARX 100 is made by a competent company so that is definitely a plus.

I take that first one back.... It would actually be pretty nice to have AR15 pistol grips. The barrel change on the ARX 100 is also pretty awesome.

I do agree the charging handle on the ACR is in a better spot but it certainly isn't a deal breaker.

Ergonomically speaking, locating the CH just directly under the top rail is less than optimal, IMO.  I suppose it's less of an issue if one wears gloves, though.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I will be buying no new firearms from a Freedom Group company so my wallet is safe!
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#5]
That will be a hard sell at that price...........I dont see many people willing to pay that price when there are other choices

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope they start selling them.
I sold my ACR during the panic, and a couple months ago I got a deal on an ACR enhanced. I then learned that "bushmaster semi-automatic rifles" became banned in MD. If remington brands it i can buy it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd consider buying one at around the $1300 mark.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ergonomically speaking, locating the CH just directly under the top rail is less than optimal, IMO.  I suppose it's less of an issue if one wears gloves, though.
View Quote

It doesn't interfere with optics/rail like the FN SCAR. The Remi ACR charging handle is folds out when you grab it and it is at an angle, specifically designed for this reason. Also non-reciprocating yet still can be used as forward assist as it only connects to the BCG when in near battery. It's all the little details that make this gun one sweet gun on paper
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 4:36:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That will be a hard sell at that price...........I dont see many people willing to pay that price when there are other choices

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If the gun released looks just like that in the photo and is as reliable as SCAR, SR-15, MR556, Tavor, etc. they will have no problem selling them. They sold the SCARs and MR556 at that price all these years, and the Remington ACR has none of the quirks those "slight improvement guns" brought with them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If the gun released looks just like that in the photo and is as reliable as SCAR, SR-15, MR556, Tavor, etc. they will have no problem selling them. They sold the SCARs and MR556 at that price all these years, and the Remington ACR has none of the quirks those "slight improvement guns" brought with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Except it's a Remington. No mass of people will pay $2500 for it, just the fanboys. Right now the ARX at $1300-1400 is the best deal on the next gen polymer rifles.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Half the people who complain about sight-over-bore height are the same people who then put SOCOM-height Aimpoint risers ON those rifles.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll stick with my XCR's.  Remington can keep their substandard products.
View Quote

+1, doesn't do anything that my 8 year old XCR doesn't do.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I have to wonder if this a an attempt by Remington to recoup their losses after the R51 disaster.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:27:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The AR-180 doesn't have that problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rail-over-bore height will always be taller when a top-side piston is in the op design.  Both rifles have greater sight-over-bore than a DI AR.  Doesn't phase me.

Come again?

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I thought the Masada was really cool at the time. Now it looks like there's way to little forearm rail space there. Plus the whole way Bushmaster then Remington handled it's manufacture, changes made to it negating some really cool features, and availability just killed off any remaining interest for me.

If they had just released it as designed year's ago, they would of sold tons of them. Now anybody who really wanted a Masada bad enough bought a Scar instead.

Shame...
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:12:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I thought the Masada was really cool at the time. Now it looks like there's way to little forearm rail space there. Plus the whole way Bushmaster then Remington handled it's manufacture, changes made to it negating some really cool features, and availability just killed off any remaining interest for me.

If they had just released it as designed year's ago, they would of sold tons of them. Now anybody who really wanted a Masada bad enough bought a Scar instead.

Shame...
View Quote

The gun has a lot more going for it on paper than the SCAR - robust stock, folding and non-reciprocating charging handle, ambi and better location bolt release, way better sling mounting, and a considerably more robust stock. They will still sell a ton of them. As for the rail space, it's fine. They have shown a longer rail for the 16" barrel but the thing is conceptually, your rail is going to be as short as your shortest barrel to take advantage of the quick change barrel system. So no problem with in my book as long as they offer the shorter barrels - but they do appear to have a longer rail in the works

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:17:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The gun has a lot more going for it on paper than the SCAR - robust stock, folding and non-reciprocating charging handle, ambi and better location bolt release, way better sling mounting, and a considerably more robust stock. They will still sell a ton of them. As for the rail space, it's fine. They have shown a longer rail for the 16" barrel but the thing is conceptually, your rail is going to be as short as your shortest barrel to take advantage of the quick change barrel system. So no problem with in my book as long as they offer the shorter barrels - but they do appear to have a longer rail in the works

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shame...

Lol. You listed more robust stock twice. I thought I remember people having issues with the quick change system on the ACR when they first came out. Was that ever fixed?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If Remington makes it like the one in the picture I'll buy one.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:01:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shame...

They still have to work though. The Scar just flat out works and is very accurate. I do agree it has a better folding stock but I believe a buffer tube on an AR is a bigger weak point than a Scar folding stock and no one complains about those.

Either way the ACR would have a lot of catching up to do!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I've been hoping the ACR works out for quite a while. I've seen my buddy's Remington ACR and always wished it would make it to the commercial market.

That said, I'll be picking up the MCX whenever I upgrade from my AR. I know who they were developed for and the hell the prototypes were put through.

I know the BACR has left a lot to be desired. Hoepfully the RACR fulfills that promise. But I'll hold my breath on Remginton doing the best things they can for this rifle and the market.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rail-over-bore height will always be taller when a top-side piston is in the op design.  Both rifles have greater sight-over-bore than a DI AR.  Doesn't phase me.

Come again?

http://ar-180.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/cropped-ar180.jpg

He is correct, the 180 has less mechanical offset than the 15.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#24]
So they ditched the folding stock to save weight.  Give me what's pictured plus the magnesium lower and I would pay up to $1800 for one.  That rifle is even sexier than the Polish MSBS.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol. You listed more robust stock twice. I thought I remember people having issues with the quick change system on the ACR when they first came out. Was that ever fixed?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shame...

2am man
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So they ditched the folding stock to save weight.  Give me what's pictured plus the magnesium lower and I would pay up to $1800 for one.  That rifle is even sexier than the Polish MSBS.
View Quote

They have both versions that fold and don't fold
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come again?

The sight is shorter compared to the -15 (most likely owed to the rear sight being mounted on the carry handle), but the rail height over bore is still greater.  As is the case with all indirect,piston-type OS'es.  For contemporary rail mounted irons/piston-driven guns will have higher over bore clearance than an AR.  That is, unless you rotate the piston to one side, a la Shrike.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The sight is tower is shorter compared to the -15 (most likely owed to the rear sight being mounted on the carry handle), but the rail height over bore is still greater.  As is the case with all indirect,piston-type OS'es.  For contemporary rail mounted irons, piston-driven guns will have higher over bore clearance than an AR.  That is, unless you rotate the piston to one side, a la Shrike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come again?

The sight is tower is shorter compared to the -15 (most likely owed to the rear sight being mounted on the carry handle), but the rail height over bore is still greater.  As is the case with all indirect,piston-type OS'es.  For contemporary rail mounted irons, piston-driven guns will have higher over bore clearance than an AR.  That is, unless you rotate the piston to one side, a la Shrike.

That's because the 180 needs an aftermarket rail to attach to the scope mount for those who want to go that route.  It would be easy to keep the rail low enough to co-witness if it was machined to the receiver.  The only point I'm trying to make here is a top side piston doesn't HAVE to push the mechanical offset higher than a 15 by default.  The offset on the 15 is what it is because the stock is in line with the bore and the resulting cheek weld necessitated raised sights.  The offset on the 180 is almost a full inch less than the 15.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#29]
It's Remington, guys. There's no possible way it won't be a piece of shit. Bludgeon that hope now and save yourself the anticipation and grief.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#30]
A Remington ACR is high on my list when/if it comes out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd consider one at <$1500, otherwise I'll pass. Will wait a bit regardless to see how they work.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So at Shot Show Remington announced that they will be selling their Remington Defense line commercially now, so maybe dreams do come true.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/078/6/4/remington_acr_individual_carbine_by_scarlighter-d4ta5cn.jpg
View Quote

I was at the same Shot Show and nothing was said about the Remington ACR. They may sell the M4 style to the general public but not the ACR. I was told they may cancel production of the ACR as it was made for the Military carbine trials and now that it will not be used, they may scrap the whole  thing, but Bushmaster will still have their version of the ACR available.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I would buy a remington version up to about 1800 dollars for an enhanced fde.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why bother? We've been snubbed by them for so long and now since Remington's QC and reputation is in the toilet, they've come groveling.
View Quote

Exactly my first reaction.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I just want that damn hand guard!

XCR's are fun too, 5.56 & 7.62x39 for the sbr, and soon a full size 5.45x39
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just want that damn hand guard!
<a href="http://s199.photobucket.com/user/takapaha/media/59AE26E0-02C6-4145-96E2-8C1BB801DEFD.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa159/takapaha/59AE26E0-02C6-4145-96E2-8C1BB801DEFD.jpg</a>

XCR's are fun too, 5.56 & 7.62x39 for the sbr, and soon a full size 5.45x39
<a href="http://s199.photobucket.com/user/takapaha/media/C496E78A-175C-459A-818D-F9FE015D9C7C.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa159/takapaha/C496E78A-175C-459A-818D-F9FE015D9C7C.jpg</a>
View Quote

This thread has got me looking at the BM ACR since I don't believe Remington will actually give us their rifle.  I had forgot all about this gun.  I really like the enhanced version, I wish more people offered aftermarket lower rails for it.  I think it will be my next gun purchase if the Remington does not materialize.  I'm just so bored with AR's and AK's.  I need a new drug.

Do you really like yours?  What if any disadvantages does it have, weight?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I would buy a remington version up to about 1800 dollars for an enhanced fde.
View Quote

That was my initial assessment, but after seeing that the BM Enhanced cost more than that on average, I would be willing to pay up to ~$2300 or so for the Remington version as long as it has all the bells and whistles.   I have become fixated on this rifle though which makes me a sucker buyer.  That and I have sold off most everything else here lately so I am looking for one thing to satisfy me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Since we're posting pics now, this is my Bushy.  It's still pretty heavy, but I like it.  There's a small aftermarket out there, mostly on the ACRforum

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#39]
XCR weighs a bit less (even minus the Elcan), although I haven't put em on the scale. I had them both out today in a gusty 20 degree day in Indiana.
I'm having issues with the 7.62 in the xcr, ASC mags and hollow point ammo is a no go even after doing some mods on the mags.
I have 2 frankenmags that function fine, so I guess it's time to find some more.

Hk94dude, what hand guard is that? And how much was it?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
XCR weighs a bit less (even minus the Elcan), although I haven't put em on the scale. I had them both out today in a gusty 20 degree day in Indiana.
I'm having issues with the 7.62 in the xcr, ASC mags and hollow point ammo is a no go even after doing some mods on the mags.
I have 2 frankenmags that function fine, so I guess it's time to find some more.

View Quote

Looks like one of the special runs a forum member did.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 10:38:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like one of the ones offered by this site, all sold out.

http://clandestinecomponents.com/work/
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:13:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's him
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why bother? We've been snubbed by them for so long and now since Remington's QC and reputation is in the toilet, they've come groveling.
View Quote

FPNI.

This has had it's day and the price point is still uncompetitive, especially considering the abysmal lack of QC.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#44]
I like the looks of it without the gay BM m4 barrel profile. If it is outfitted as mentioned and they provide the optional barrels and parts per original plan, I'll probably give it a whirl. If not then they can ride it into the dirt like BM.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#45]
I would love an ACR or Masada made by a better company. OH WELL
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#46]
The Remington rep is weird, and so is the TR guy, but it sounds like Remington Defense is going to start selling to the civilian market. No specific mention of the ACR, however.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I watched MAC's video on the ARX and honestly, he changed my mind about that platform.  When I have the coin to get one, I probably will, especially hovering around $1K.  Love the ease of everything on that rifle - changing charging handle, removing the barrel, true ambi controls.  Looks a little different, but no worse than a bullpup looks to most of us.

I have owned a SCAR-L, the MSAR AUG abortion, an HK-93 clone, a Sig 556 (turd) and an FS2000 (wish I kept it, cause mine had the factory optic and I loved that).

None of those expensive items does anything more than a standard M4gery, and those are so affordable right now, why wouldn't anybody go with that?  Hell Armalite's new Defender series come with CL barrels, flat tops all the way to the gas block, etc. for like $650.

Until something out there "changes the game" so to speak, I'm not spending over $1000 anymore just to be tacti-cool.  I'm like everyone else, I love cool-looking toys, but there's nothing out there in 5.56 that really does anything THAT MUCH BETTER for civilians than an AR-15.  The only thing out there over the magical $1K mark I might be interested in is the Tavor, but personally I think it's overpriced a little.  I'd snag an OD green one at about $1000-$1200.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#48]
They are all just collector toys.

And I buy collector toys (FS2000, Tavor, SIG 556, PS90, etc)....

None are better than an AR15 but I am very bored with that platform.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Robinson Arms is even worse. Heck you can only purchase their products through a guy Kermit on their forums. Who knows if they will be around 10 years from now. Additionally they use an AK style bolt which I would guess is the root to the XCR-M not being able to hold a candle in accuracy to the Larues and SR-25s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll stick with my XCR's.  Remington can keep their substandard products.

Robinson Arms is even worse. Heck you can only purchase their products through a guy Kermit on their forums. Who knows if they will be around 10 years from now. Additionally they use an AK style bolt which I would guess is the root to the XCR-M not being able to hold a candle in accuracy to the Larues and SR-25s

No they are not. You can buy parts from RA, Kermit, Nate, and a few other places.

Larue has better accuracy due to tighter tolerances and a better barrel rather than the bolt.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:53:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The Remington rep is weird, and so is the TR guy, but it sounds like Remington Defense is going to start selling to the civilian market. No specific mention of the ACR, however.

http://youtu.be/p4qzGSHUv5o
View Quote

Thanks, that is promising at least.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top