Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 12:36:26 PM EDT
I have a chance to buy a NIB AR-70 with 2 mags and can get extra 30rd mags for $60 each. I have not followed these what would be a fair price to pay for one? Box is a little ratty and is not marked by Beretta at all. No if I get it I am not going to sell it either.

TIA
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Crisp box with clean, truly unfired gun, 2 mags, manual, warranty card = $2800-$3000.  Adjust down as things are missing or worn.

As I remember, the boxes were generic but we're clearly designed internally to fit the AR70, so check that out before you agree with "NIB".

There are better deals out there if you want a shooter, but remember that spare or replacement parts are nearly impossible to find.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crisp box with clean, truly unfired gun, 2 mags, manual, warranty card = $2800-$3000.  Adjust down as things are missing or worn.

As I remember, the boxes were generic but we're clearly designed internally to fit the AR70, so check that out before you agree with "NIB".

There are better deals out there if you want a shooter, but remember that spare or replacement parts are nearly impossible to find.
View Quote

agreed
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Box looks like it should be right, he is offering it at $2750 with 5 30rd, 1- 5rd mag manual (gold cover) and the cleaning kit. No sling or bayonet though. Looking it over I have no doubt that it is unfired. Of course I'm not going to shoot it either. I also wonder if they have topped out at $3k or not? Since I won't shoot it it is purely a speculative buy to sell down the road for a profit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Box looks like it should be right, he is offering it at $2750 with 5 30rd, 1- 5rd mag manual (gold cover) and the cleaning kit. No sling or bayonet though. Looking it over I have no doubt that it is unfired. Of course I'm not going to shoot it either. I also wonder if they have topped out at $3k or not? Since I won't shoot it it is purely a speculative buy to sell down the road for a profit.
View Quote

Good price.

These have not really appreciated in value much in the last 20 years, don't buy it as an investment. Buy it simply because you want it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a bad price with the mags. The mags are very very hard to find. I did have one of these about 10 years ago..not the most reliable weapon in the world but interesting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Ended up getting it with 2-30rd and the 5rd, plus traded 24 P-Mags for the extra brand new mags.

This gun has to be unfired by looking at the bolt.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
You lucky f__.  Good for you. I would be grinning my ass off if I found one of those in that kind of shape.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:55:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You lucky f__.  Good for you. I would be grinning my ass off if I found one of those in that kind of shape.
View Quote

He purchased as an investment, not shooter. Considering the price has increased minimally, IF i had that kind of cash flow would already be at the range.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd have to dig mine out to check, but I think the small factory mag is 8 rounds not 5.

It's not like the guns didn't appreciate at all.  IIRC, they were selling for like $700 back in the day, but as a rate of return on investment, it's not great.  To be fair, few guns are, and the AR-70 isn't much different than other pre-bans.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#10]
For the price I paid  think I can make money if I desired. I also buy guns like this as a hedge against inflation. Money goes up and down, guns like this stay steady.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]

It's gorgeous.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Other than the collector value, is it really worth 2x more times than the modern Beretta ARX rifles?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Other than the collector value, is it really worth 2x more times than the modern Beretta ARX rifles?
View Quote

You can make that argument with many pre-ban guns:  HK91/93, FN FNC, Daewoo K1/K2, IMI Galil, AR-180, and so on.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
No, but I bet this gun won't dump in value either. I bought a Sig 556 Commando wholesale, Sig dumped the price $400 less than a year later. I bought a Microtec AUG they didn't sell well and Microtec dumped the price. I can see Beretta doing this if the ARX does not sell well. That and some people prefer steel over plastic, especially in the receiver area.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You can make that argument with many pre-ban guns:  HK91/93, FN FNC, Daewoo K1/K2, IMI Galil, AR-180, and so on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are the new "classics," and they will retain value.  Some of the older examples are approaching C&R status.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I've owned one for a couple of years now and they are a fun gun to shoot, draws lots of attention at the range. I'll be honest with you (I understand you dont want to shoot yours tho), this is one of the most tedious, difficult guns to clean I've ever owned, due to the rectangular reciever design there are lots of little hard to get to places in there that just take forever to get gunk out of. Other than that I'm happy with mine. Use 50g bullets if you handload for it, they seem to be more accurate than the 55g's due to the 1:12 twist rate, I've got a good supply of 52g's that mine shoots very well.
Mags were available awhile back thru Numrich at a very decent price, filthy and they stank (smell wise) but after a good cleaning they look great. I bought a complete parts kit and a bunch of mags for mine, but they seem to be sold out now. Mags that is.
Also just as a note, when I put together rifles I'm big on the 'aesthetic' look of them, I like all the pieces to look good as a whole, proportially etc. I've never liked the looks of the EOTech on an AR, they work great but the rectangular build of it just doesn't look right to me on top of a cylindrical reciever, but with a GG&G QD mount the EOTech looks right at home on top of my AR70, can't co-witness it but it looks good and works well. I think the QD mount they sell for a scope would work on it as well.
Luck to you and that is a great looking firearm.
I wish someone made an adaptor that would allow you to use a differnt brand of side folding stock for this as the originals are just not available.
RD
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#18]
That is sweet.
You should go over to TheBerettaForum.net , join and make this an epic 1st post in Tactical Rifles and Shotguns.
I would love to have one to line up next to my Berettas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top