Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2014 7:52:50 PM EDT
Here is a question for those who know a bunch about 1911's. I have a Springfield loaded stainless in .45 acp. I am looking at buying a 7.62 tok kit from JG sales. But it needs .38 super mags. Can a .45 ACP framed 1911 take .38super mags? I have never even seen a .38super mag in person so I have no idea. I would love to just grab some .38super mags and use my Springfield rather than buying a whole new 1911 in .38 super.

Edit: Follow Up question: The barrel for the conversion is 6" my Springfield barrel is 5". Will this barrel be able to fit in my slide and function properly? Could I get the extra inch threaded?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:11:33 PM EDT
[#1]
maybe an ejector swap?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes the .38 super mag will fit.  Not sure about the Tok conversion, but the .38 Super/9mm/.40 frames have a different feed ramp angle than .45 frames. They also use different ejectors.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Won't work in your gun unless you had an aftermarket ramped barrel installed into your gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top