Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 2:04:23 PM EDT
I always scrounge the brass buckets for reloadable brass in calibers I shoot (which is a lot) and came across these. They are .30-30 rounds shortened and necked back. OAL is 1.591" and still takes a .30 cal bullet.

Any ideas?

With an 8x57 Mauser for comparison:

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
30 herrett..... mostly found in TC Contender single shot pistol
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That is true.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to say .30 Herrett as well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]
.30 Herrett... I have a set of dies in .30 Herrett that I use in to form .30HRT cases from 6.8SPC brass.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, that's something I'll never use. I had a Contender with .223 and .45-70 barrels but I just couldn't get into it.

Anyone want some brass? I'll ship it to you for free if you can use it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, that's something I'll never use. I had a Contender with .223 and .45-70 barrels but I just couldn't get into it.

View Quote

Dude, throw it in the scrap can.

It will cost more to mail it than it will to make another from a range pick up 30-30.  Simple matter of run brass through the size die & trim to length.

MLG
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It will cost more to mail it than it will to make another from a range pick up 30-30.  Simple matter of run brass through the size die & trim to length.

MLG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MLG

It's not one, I picked up about 20 of them. I wouldn't ship one!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#9]

MLG
View All Quotes

MLG

It's not one, I picked up about 20 of them. I wouldn't ship one!

Man, it was a great gesture on your part and I am not making lite of it, but, the concept still holds.

Shipping for a small box that holds 20 brass about $3.  Time to mail said box about 30 minutes.

20 30-30 pick up brass @ range = free.  Time to make 20 30 Herrett from 30-30 brass = about 30 minutes.

Most of us that shoot any of the Herrett cartridges keep ourselves well stocked & tend to be brass whores and simply don't leave any of our brass at the range.  If someone that makes his own 30 Herrett brass simply left them at the range after going through the process of making them in the first place, they are most likely worn out or or at the end of that persons self imposed reload limit for that batch (I tend to shoot em till they crack).

MLG
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't know, I guess that I am a sucker for brass.  I might be interested in it if the shipping is cheap enough. Could even trade some brass for it, each pay shipping...

My .30 Herret loaded with 125gr Nosller Ballistic Tip next to a R-P .32 Winchester Special
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is true.

Shot A LOT of these back in the day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top