Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2014 3:41:59 PM EDT
FYI;  Beretta just release a product safety notice for the barrel extension on the ARX-100.  Apparently some rifles shipped with a incorrect barrel extension.  I inspected mine and it is good but wanted to let others know.  It is a little disconcerting to have two recalls already (rear rail pin and now barrel extension) but could just be teething pain of new product intro/lawyers CYA.  Anyway here is the link to tell what to look for and what to do if you have incorrect barrel extension.

http://www.berettasupport.com/arx100/?utm_campaign=Product+Updates&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=14968463&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-88d--t42mX0ATFh305QDjE4GNwlxIQ7zb3vqnGifSy4BynxvR4lX-EgfzYQW0nSR9-h8MRr8NscC5qbqOJ5S4ovy1OUw&_hsmi=14968463
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting this. I was going to say why didn't they send me an e-mail but I just checked my inbox and they did.

I know without looking that I have the correct barrel extension because I have the image of it burnt into my memory for some reason but I will check it anyway just to be safe.

Edit: I just checked it. It doesn't look anything like the "bad" barrel extension but it only looks about 95% like the good barrel extension. Difference being that it doesn't have the two inset (smaller) feed ramp extensions that the red arrows are pointing at but it does have the two main (large) feed ramps. There must be some in between variation that they aren't showing.

I guess my memory is only at about 95%.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for posting this. I was going to say why didn't they send me an e-mail but I just checked my inbox and they did.

I know without looking that I have the correct barrel extension because I have the image of it burnt into my memory for some reason but I will check it anyway just to be safe.
View Quote

Guess I should have mentioned that I did initially receive the notice via email.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for posting.  I'm good.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FYI;  Beretta just release a product safety notice for the barrel extension on the ARX-100.  Apparently some rifles shipped with a incorrect barrel extension.  I inspected mine and it is good but wanted to let others know.  It is a little disconcerting to have two recalls already (rear rail pin and now barrel extension) but could just be teething pain of new product intro/lawyers CYA.  Anyway here is the link to tell what to look for and what to do if you have incorrect barrel extension.

http://www.berettasupport.com/arx100/?utm_campaign=Product+Updates&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=14968463&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-88d--t42mX0ATFh305QDjE4GNwlxIQ7zb3vqnGifSy4BynxvR4lX-EgfzYQW0nSR9-h8MRr8NscC5qbqOJ5S4ovy1OUw&_hsmi=14968463
View Quote

The first one wasn't really a recall, more of a product improvement. From what I saw, no one actually reported any decrease in accuracy without the roll pin.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
OP should change the thread title from Recall to Product Safety Notice. This isn't a recall.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for posting OP.  I will check mine as as I get home today.  Also, in those pics provided by Beretta it looks like the chamber is fluted.  I haven't paind that close attention to mine so I will also check the chanber out too.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for posting OP.  I will check mine as as I get home today.  Also, in those pics provided by Beretta it looks like the chamber is fluted.  I haven't paind that close attention to mine so I will also check the chanber out too.
View Quote

The chamber is not fluted. What is shown in the safety notice is the barrel extension. Those cuts are where the lugs of the bolt engage.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for posting, I checked mine and I am good to go.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]
The pin for the rail was not a recall.  It's a part that cannot cause any actual failure of the rifle, but should have been installed.

I got my ARX on the 24th, and it had the rail pin. I'll have to doublecheck the barrel. I haven't shot it yet, so that's a good thing I guess!

ETA: My barrel extension is fine. I'm betting rifles with the roll pin in the rail are of newer assemble and are probably unlikely to have "oops" flaws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top