Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2014 9:31:08 PM EDT
I read today that pistol evo versions were approved for import. Can anyone confirm this
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
i just checked with one of my sales reps i do business with and they are listing the cz805 bren pistol as well. they show 0 in stock since they haven't received any as of yet. item #91360
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard the Bren was going to weigh in around $2,200 and the Evo near $1900. The Bren seems to be priced in line with the other non-ar wonder guns but the Scorpion Evo isnt going to sell many units at that price.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#3]
This is great news!  The Scorpion Evo has been on my list, but I wasn't holding my breath on being able to get one in the foreseeable future.  But after doing a little more digging it looks like we could see these as soon as January 2015.  And the info I read had the pistol version priced at $995, and over $2k for the 805 Bren.  I'd pick up an Evo right away at that price, sbr it, and add the stock.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard the Bren was going to weigh in around $2,200 and the Evo near $1900. The Bren seems to be priced in line with the other non-ar wonder guns but the Scorpion Evo isnt going to sell many units at that price.
View Quote

I read the same on the Bren, but I saw the Evo listed at $995.  I agree, at $1900 I don't think they would sell too many, but $995 seems reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody have a link to where the information is at on the EVO/Bren coming to US market?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1688088_CZ_skorpian_evo_and_bren_approved_for_import.html
Quoted:
Anybody have a link to where the information is at on the EVO/Bren coming to US market?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#7]
As someone who shot the CZ 805 Bren on 2RB and FA I wouldn't pay more than 1200 for it. I'd rather have an AR or SCAR17. I don't think the CZ soldiers liked them as much as they liked the M4. As for the Scorpion I'll wait to hear the field tests. Then I'll let others buy it at a premium for the first year or 2. They if it's worth it I'll shoot one and consider buying one. Unfortunately, I'm sure that it will just fade away with all the hype like the FS2000, PS90, ACR and many many other weapons.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The "information" was from an Instagram post that has since been deleted. Take from that what you will...
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The "information" was from an Instagram post that has since been deleted. Take from that what you will...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Facebook post, fwiw.

There are links to various distributor pages showing both guns.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were deleted because CZ is going to make an official announcement concerning the Scorpion and Bren on Monday. A lot of dealers pulled the info because CZ asked them to. BTW, I preordered a scorpion :)
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#11]
God damnit...
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it known if the factory stock will be available if one wanted to SBR one?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the point of contention right there, CZ has Skorpions on the website for LEO sales, in theory they could get the parts. The issue becomes (this was covered in another thread) that 922r comes into play if you SBR it. Likely we would need an American stock and American mags to make this work?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's the point of contention right there, CZ has Skorpions on the website for LEO sales, in theory they could get the parts. The issue becomes (this was covered in another thread) that 922r comes into play if you SBR it. Likely we would need an American stock and American mags to make this work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I was following that thread until it turned into a 922r discussion.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:41:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here, really want on to SBR though so it was worth wading through it to make sure I don't screw it up
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
At $995 MSRP, I predict the Scorpion EVO is going to be THE hot gun of 2015- that price point just can't be passed up for a sexy 9mm carbine.

View Quote

Already told the Mrs that its happening, she looked at me like I was green and on fire.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]
So how does one pre-order one of these? I've never done that before but would in this case.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So how does one pre-order one of these? I've never done that before but would in this case.
View Quote

I called my LGS and had them put the order in with whoever their distributor is. You usually cant order directly unless you are a non C&R FFL.

Luckily I had him call last Tuesday around 11am before the real announcement this Monday and they had just started taking backorders that morning so hopefully I am pretty high up on the list

Knowing CZ's supply track record, I wouldn't expect anyone who ordered in the past 48 hours to get one before Q2 2015 and the list has to be growing. Heck it has been damn near impossible to get most of their SP-01 line of pistols or kadet kits over the past 18 months and they have been making those for years.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Supposedly the EVO only has 12 countable parts, if true that means you could make magazine floorplates and/or followers and be set for next to nothing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Looking real good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XAYsYwZGxI&app=desktop

30 rd mags for under 20.00?   (at about 5:28)

A few companies are advertising 849.00 for the EVO.  

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Any reliable links yet to pre-orders or such?

Depending on the Christmas bonus and holiday bills this is on the top of my list. Even pushed back my 20in AR build for it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:43:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Depending on the Christmas bonus and holiday bills this is on the top of my list. Even pushed back my 20in AR build for it.
View Quote

Call your local dealers and ask. Good luck finding them online before release.. and after release; I imagine they'll sell out fast.

Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#24]
My FFL has them backordered. I guess that is the same as preordering.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Call your local dealers and ask. Good luck finding them online before release.. and after release; I imagine they'll sell out fast.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I called and told them to get me one.

And if they did, it would then guarantee a suppressor sale after that, as I am immediately going to purchase a SilencerCo Octane 45 HD.

Depending on the release date, I may even buy the suppressor/start the paperwork before hand.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And if they did, it would then guarantee a suppressor sale after that, as I am immediately going to purchase a SilencerCo Octane 45 HD.

Depending on the release date, I may even buy the suppressor/start the paperwork before hand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would definitely go ahead and get the can started. Why a 45 can?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Because you can use (the Octane 45 HD) on 45, 40, 9mm, .22lr, .300 Blackout, etc.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How versatile a 45 can is.

I have a saker 762 and sparrow. The octane 45 is user serviceable and would complete my collection of 'needed' cans, outside of a salvo 12.

After that will be a saker 556k or another 22 can.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#29]
The scorpion Evo will be imported as a handgun and the XD most newest most ergo turd will still be the NRA's handgun of the year, every year. Yes I owned an xd45 the first year they were "picked" by the NRA. I've wanted the Evo for years. I need one. And I've never seen one in a magazine
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Contact Only The Best Firearms for preorder.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Contact Only The Best Firearms for preorder.
View Quote

emailed
Do you know who they're doing preorders in regards to payment?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top