Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If I am shooting enough to make a gun stay hot for a while, I will wear gloves.  Usually this is with a carbine.

If I'm plinking at the range, generally I don't.

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes - SKD Pig
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Not often...
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I keep a pair in my range bags and will wear them when I'm doing extended range sessions or shooting my FA items.

I always laugh when I stop by the indoor range and see guys fully kitted out and trying to load mags in gloves

All my gloves are cheap mechanic gloves except for my nice leather padded ones I wear when shooting my big bore revolvers

Oh I also have a pair of very nice and thin leather ones I wear when shooting trap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Did not glove up tonight when I went shooting.

Indoor range and all
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Been wearing flight gloves for decades for shooting drills.  Wear gloves in the desert in the summer to.  Metal gets too hot when its 120+ outside.  No, if I'm plinking in the back yard.

CD
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Current temp outside 0 degees so yes I would today.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#8]
No... not in AZ.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 1:53:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Of course.  Custom-made and personally fitted by my glover in London.  Made from (legally culled) African elephant scrotum skin.  Just the ticket when I'm shooting the Perazzis.
View Quote

Wat? Pics?
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:11:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Never.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Just bought some PIG gloves and they are nice but still feels weird shooting with gloves.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I haven't before, but I might pick up a pair.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Any good glove recommendations for shooting outdoors in the cold?
I just have Mechanix but my fingers get so damn cold still!
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#14]
When shooting long guns, yes. Handguns, no.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any good glove recommendations for shooting outdoors in the cold?
I just have Mechanix but my fingers get so damn cold still!
View Quote

I think you either have to stay moving a decent amount and keep your blood flowing or put those little hand warmers in your gloves. I have used thin to very well insulated gloves and even with the insulated gloves my hands get cold eventually.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Nomex Flight Gloves.  A size 10 fits my hands perfectly.  I can even load my 10/22 mags with those things on.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I do.
Currently using football receiver gloves I got many years ago from the equipment manager for the U of U football team.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Trigger finger mittens for the win

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#19]
On occasion I will wear a golf glove with the index finger cut off.    Just thick enough to say that you've got a glove on but not thick enough to get in the way.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I voted *Yay*, but I agree with many others here that the poll is far too limited for the subject. Should add the following...

• Weather dependent
• Yes, only when training for CCW
• Yes, except when training for CCW
• Only on a specific firearm (rifle w/hot hand guards)
• 24/7, eat, sleep, s*** with them on
• No way, gloves are for girly boys who have to protect their manicures!
• I don't know? I'll have to check how (insert name of world famous instructor, Tier 1 Demi-god or Super Secret Squirrel Team member here) trains & get back to you.

Joking aside, as many others have said, gloves primarily when cold and/or wet, but use depends not only upon conditions, but type & configuration of weapon (like with a rifle that has hand guards/FF rail that get too hot to hold gloves are a necessity, but if you use a vertical grip then it's not), as well as what your training purpose is. I think training with gloves for CCW is only beneficial if you wear gloves while carrying, like if you spend a lot of time outside when it's cold then it's of value, otherwise it's not. For most things it's best to maintain consistency when training, but certain situations it's beneficial to adapt as necessary.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:48:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I just ordered another pair of gloves to try - PIG (FDT-Alpha) Touch Glove - from Milspec Monkey website.  My hands do get sweaty so having the gloves on will help me maintain my grip and stability.  Had a few cheap gloves over the years that would disintegrate after the first time I use them.  Hoping these will hold out a bit longer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Of course.

Sometimes.

Unless I'm doing an experiment;

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I wear gloves to put on my operator gloves.

Getting the regular gloves off is tricky, so I just operate in both.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#24]
When its cold a regular glove on the support hand and only a liner glove on the trigger hand. Otherwise no.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I have some cheap mechanix utility gloves I wear when im shooting and some wool gloves for the winter, I don't want any cuts or blisters because I work in a hospital with all kinds of infectious diseases .
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I just got a pair of SKD PIG FDT Alpha Touch gloves after my cheapo Home Despot-bought gloves disintegrated on my last range outing. Very comfortable, and they appear to be very-well made and durable.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:12:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Of course.

Sometimes.
View Quote

You are having way too much fun out there in the snow.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:40:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course.

Sometimes.

Yeah, but sometimes my hands get cold.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:54:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Yep, at least when shooting handguns. Saves my hands from getting coated in filth, beaten up by aggressive grips, or burned from suppressors. Rifle shooting I seldom wear them but that is the minority of my shooting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Only when it is cold.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I wear Hatch gloves with the trigger finger cut off every time I shoot.  Rain or shine, hot or cold.  Pistol, rifle & shotgun.  They keep my hands warm in the winter and give me better grip and I get better grip in the summer because they absorb sweat when it's hot.  My winter groves are leather and my summer gloves are the same basic design (operator gloves) but made of nomax.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes and no.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes and no.  

SKD PIG where my last pair.  Great gloves, extremely comfortable and affordable.  Know I am trying out the Outdoor Research Ironsight gloves.  Great gloves as well, comfortable and affordable and seem to be a little more durable than the SKD PIG's.  Have yet to make up my mind as to which ones I like better.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Decent weather I won't, cold yeah!

Get the thin 5.11 gloves, only thing thinner is latex
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top