Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2014 8:25:22 PM EDT
I could care less about the ultra liberal states like CA, NY, and MA.  But for the rest of the country, what are the politics of what states accept what other states in regard to their carry permits?  

I only ask because on usacarry.com I noticed Delaware no longer accepts Virginia.  And other states are increasing which ones they'll accept.  Plus I have to most likely go through the Utah non-resident process in order to carry in Delaware next summer on vacation.  

So what all goes into it?

Thanks

-Emt1581

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It's cluster of different laws and attitudes.

I use Buckeye Firearms for info when I want to travel somewhere. http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/

Why we can't get a national CCW law is beyond me.

It would be to simple to standardize the training and requirement across the country and allow everyone to carry in any state.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the difference in requirements from state to state... what some states require, others don't.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I could care less about the ultra liberal states like CA, NY, and MA.  But for the rest of the country, what are the politics of what states accept what other states in regard to their carry permits?  

I only ask because on usacarry.com I noticed Delaware no longer accepts Virginia.  And other states are increasing which ones they'll accept.  Plus I have to most likely go through the Utah non-resident process in order to carry in Delaware next summer on vacation.  

So what all goes into it?

Thanks

-Emt1581

View Quote
I plan my travels on who takes the PA permit. end of story.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:40:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Normally I do to.  Florida, Virginia, and PA...so long as I can carry there (due to family in those states)...fine.  However, her brother has a nice beach house in DE so I'd like to be able to carry there especially because she's pretty set on going there next summer.

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Normally I do to.  Florida, Virginia, and PA...so long as I can carry there (due to family in those states)...fine.  However, her brother has a nice beach house in DE so I'd like to be able to carry there especially because she's pretty set on going there next summer.

-Emt1581
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

-Emt1581
I went to visit a relative in DE last summer. I didn't feel the need to carry in his home, but I wanted protection while traveling in that state.   I cased a G23, then in my range bag, I had some loaded mags and put it in my trunk. The pistol stayed in the passenger compartment. I did have 1 loaded mag in my glove box, that I accidentally left there from my last range trip.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I went to visit a relative in DE last summer. I didn't feel the need to carry in his home, but I wanted protection while traveling in that state.   I cased a G23, then in my range bag, I had some loaded mags and put it in my trunk. The pistol stayed in the passenger compartment. I did have 1 loaded mag in my glove box, that I accidentally left there from my last range trip.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Emt1581

Yeah it's in the area of Rehoboth which is a big tourist area so I can't imagine it'd stay that way if there were lots of crime.  

And always have guns hidden/locked in the vehicle.  

-Emt1581
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It's high time for the Constitution to prevail, vote accordingly.  you should be able to defend yourself anywhere in the US.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#8]
The "politics" often has to do with hrs of training--your issue state compared to where you want to travel and have your permit accepted.  If your home state CCW training hrs to get your permit is less than another state, it may not be on the reciprocity list.  That simple in many cases.

MI accepts any other state's permit though.  You just have to know where you can and cannot carry in MI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top