Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2014 9:06:08 AM EDT
Hey guys, I am thinking about building a high precision bolt gun. Most likely will be using a Cadex chassis, and will be a 308. Is there certain models to stay away from? I never realized that there were so many difference 700's. It doesn't matter what stock or accessories it comes with since all I really care about is the action, bolt, and barrel.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want to do a build I'd replace the barrel as well. I'd look to pick up a used short action gun reasonably and go from there.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#2]
AAC-SD for its 1:10" Twist would be my choice for a bbld action.  I did change the trigger to an older Remington Walker Trigger and the stock is now a B&C M40.  Mine shoots great.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want to do a build I'd replace the barrel as well. I'd look to pick up a used short action gun reasonably and go from there.  
View Quote

I don't know what part of Ohio you're from but I have a good friend in South Central Indiana (Columbus) who builds custom rifles.Send me an email if you want more info.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you considered a custom action?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm wanting to try and keep it at least somewhat budget. Thanks for the good info though guys.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Whats your budget?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't. Remington guns of the last ten years are poor. Buy a Savage or Tikka instead.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:54:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Or buy an older 700.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

AAC-SD for its 1:10" Twist would be my choice for a bbld action.  I did change the trigger to an older Remington Walker Trigger and the stock is now a B&C M40.  Mine shoots great.
View Quote
Did they discontinue the AAC-SD? I don't see a price on their site anymore.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Budsgunshop still has some.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Whats your budget?
View Quote
Sub 2k

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:28:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ordered one a few months back, maybe I should not have patiently waited like they said I was supposed to... Might give them a ring-a-ling

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:02:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sub 2k  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whats your budget?
Sub 2k  

Hows that going to work out since the cadex is over 2k?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#14]
The VTRs are nice. I like the weight savings they have
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Go to Walmart and buy their cheapest BDL/ADL model. Strip it down to the action, buy a good custom barrel & the rest of the parts you want. Take to a good riflesmith and specify that the action be blue printed. Any decent smith that builds long-range rifle know where to go from there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top