Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2014 11:53:09 PM EDT
Checking to see what is the longest turnaround that you have ever experienced waiting for a gun to be repaired and returned from the factory.

I sent a pistol back to a manufacturer and it's approaching 4 months with no gun in sight. Every time I call I'm told it's being looked at, needs to be test fired, will be going out tomorrow...

I don't want to name the manufacturer just yet as I don't want to do anything to negatively impact another's business as I'm chalking this up to a smaller business just behind with customer service issues. I'm trying my best to continue to be a gentleman about it.

So, what's the longest wait that you have experienced?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
kimber?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#2]
2 weeks from a local gunsmith, SxS shotgun repair.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got my Remington 700 trigger recall back. Took just under 2 months.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Checking to see what is the longest turnaround that you have ever experienced waiting for a gun to be repaired and returned from the factory.

I sent a pistol back to a manufacturer and it's approaching 4 months with no gun in sight. Every time I call I'm told it's being looked at, needs to be test fired, will be going out tomorrow...

I don't want to name the manufacturer just yet as I don't want to do anything to negatively impact another's business
as I'm chalking this up to a smaller business just behind with customer service issues. I'm trying my best to continue to be a gentleman about it.

So, what's the longest wait that you have experienced?
View Quote

BS. You getting jerked around for 4 months with NO Definite Time Frame. Name them , be done with it. Maybe that will light  afire under their ass. OR be complacent and post in another 2 months when you hit the 6 month mark.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Remington had my Marlin for over 4 months before replacing it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#6]
2 years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
8+ months
Gunsmith not a factory
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
About 2 months or so and my wait was short as compared to many.

I had just purchased a S&W PPK/S about 3 weeks prior to the recall. I had read that they were a crap shoot by way of dependability and was a bit leery of getting one but I really liked the styling, heft and the way it fit my hand so I said what the hell. I took it out to the range the following weekend and out of a box of 50 (S&B FMJ's) I got five FTF's (random, not the same mags or position in the mags). I knew that most recommend a 500 round break-in but the FTF's seemed to be due to the feed ramps. Afterwards I took it home and cleaned it up with the intentions of polishing the ramps at a later date. A couple weeks later I had some free time so I thought I'd work on it a bit but wanted to do a search on the web first about the possible ramp issue. Up popped the recall, first day it was issued. And it went back about 6 years if I'm not mistaking. I was like holy hell, there has to be thousands of these out there that are caught up in it.

Anyway, I sent in for the shipping label, wrote a short note to whom ever that I was sending it in for the recall and that I feel that the ramps needed polishing (why not take a shot, no pun intended) to alleviate feeding issues. And there it sat. The good news is that it was first come first serve so mine was one of the first out of the gate. The best news is that the ramps look like mirrors so someone at least read my note and it came back as flawless as when it went in. I read some horror stories of later send ins.

The end result is that I cannot get it to FTF or FTE no matter how lightly it's held and getting all blacks at the 10 yard (right handed though I'm left), rapid fire, is really pretty boring. I do own quite a number of revolvers and semis and even though I use it with my weak side due to the decocker on the left, it's probably the one I like the most.

The peanut on the lower right, it's stainless, just reflecting the surroundings

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had guns go back to Smith, Remington and TC and usually I wait 3-4 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#10]
7 months, MM23E, twice...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm having an MP5 build by a reputable builder. It has been about 3 years now.  He claims it will be ready next week.  I have heard this about a dozen times now.  If it is not on the way by this coming Friday he will be hearing from a lawyer.  I sent him all the parts necessary.  All he had to do was build it.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#12]
MSAR, a member here had some sort of an issue a while back.
I don't remember who, or why.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Waited on a local gunsmith (Kapp Ogburn, Raleigh NC) for a year to build me a 1911 from a complete set of parts I gave him.  I would call every two months and be told that the work was mostly done, and to expect it in a couple weeks.  At the 14 month mark I showed up at his shop and demanded my gun, finished or not.  He gave me all the parts.  Not a drop of work had been done.  Now I tell every friend I value to avoid him like the plague.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:13:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Still waiting on my R51. been 3.5 months
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still waiting on my R51. been 3.5 months
View Quote

I would only expect a credit towards big green products, not a returned R51

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Browning had my pistol for 4-5 months.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Red Jacket Firearms way before they became (in)famous 16 months to build an AK74 from a Bulgarian kit...what's funny was when I'd call to check on it and Will would answer the phone and I could just BARELY understand him because of his thick accent.  I was soooo glad when it was finally done.  Looks great and shoots great too, so all in all I can't complain too much.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#18]
4 months with Colt,  Bought a rifle through Buds.  It had a weird color -tone on the AR-15 Upper.  Upon further review the finish was not applied properly,  took Colt 4 months to get it back to me properly finished.  But they threw on a socom quad rail and MBUS sight for my trouble and  waiting.  4 months was the actual, they quoted 2 months for warranty repair.   Got my Remington 700 back in about 2 1/2 months on their recent recall while waiting for my upper from Colt.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Over a year, from a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#20]
not from the factory,
but it's been 8 years since I've sent my Desert Eagle to an engraver for some engraving work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top