Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 10:25:35 AM EDT
I am a full time student with little money but I have sold a .few guns lately and looking for something new before I blow the money.

I have a AR, 10/22, and a G19

Guns that i have interest in

22/45 lite or M&P 22 compact
My wife has a SR22 and this would allow us to be shooting the same caliber together.
Neither of us shoot much and need to shoot more.

Shield 9mm? Would be a carry gun but no i do not currently have a permit.

308 Savage 11/111 found one used for $350 like new. Would be used for possible family hunting trip in WV.
I am no hunter but have a lot of family in WV that are. Last year they met up and spent the Thanksgiving week hunting,
I did not go due to health issues but feeling better this year.

This is likely going to be my last gun purchase for awhile.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Shield, then get your CCW permit.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shield, then get your CCW permit.
View Quote

This. If you go hunting borrow a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
22/45

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]
22/45 or the S&W 22 unless you plan  on getting your permit, then maybe the shield if the 19 is too big for you to carry.

You can always barrow a rifle.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Well here is what I would do.

22lr is difficult to find.  Not impossible but it makes me question a new purchase in that chambering.

9mm Shield?  You already have a G19 which just about the single most popular carry gun out there.  Yes the Shield is a lil bit smaller but not enough to warrant a slightly redundant purchase.  Get your CCW and make sure the G19 doesn't work for you before you get something else to replace it.

That leaves the 308 as our winner of the choices you mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well here is what I would do.

22lr is difficult to find.  Not impossible but it makes me question a new purchase in that chambering.

9mm Shield?  You already have a G19 which just about the single most popular carry gun out there.  Yes the Shield is a lil bit smaller but not enough to warrant a slightly redundant purchase.  Get your CCW and make sure the G19 doesn't work for you before you get something else to replace it.

That leaves the 308 as our winner of the choices you mentioned.
View Quote

I disagree. Shield is quite different than G19 and is more comfortable to carry. They both have their uses.

OP if you aren't a hunter, then just borrow a rifle if you go to WV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top