Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2014 12:28:13 PM EDT
Anyone have one?  How do you like it and what are some pros/cons?  I have been looking at the 7.62 model.  I wanted a patrol but 16" seems kinda useless for a bolt gun so i will probably have to get a 20" predator.  The patrol gives you a threaded barrel and irons though
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my MVP Predator. Heres part of a larger write up I did. Cant find the original post.

MVP Post
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I liked shooting the half dozen that showed up at the range enough to get one of my own.

Pros
Crisp adjustable trigger, pillar bedded, near perfect balance, light, handy, accurate ( as in sub moa with good ammo ) good build quality the magazines thing.

Cons
Kind of hard to get at regular street prices, aftermarket is small compared to Remington 700.

Haters ( It is not an AR, $3k precision rifle. what they have  yadda yadda yadda )
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like my MVP Predator. Heres part of a larger write up I did. Cant find the original post.

MVP Post
View Quote

Your thread is in the archives.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MVP Post

Thanks. Found It
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I like mine a lot, the only compliant I have is the bolt is a little sloppy, not real bad tho
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Aftermarket chassis stock for the MVP.

http://mdttac.com/lss-chassis-for-mossberg-mvp.html

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 5:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Bolt fit can be a bit sloppy/wiggly for rapid-action, but it's otherwise quite a nice rifle. A few more high-quality after-market stocks would get it the rest of the way, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]
IMHO the bolt is no more or less sloppy than a Mauser, Ruger or Winchester Model 70.

Besides the MDT LSS chassis Boyds has several models of stock to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't mean to imply it was all that terrible - as you mentioned, my 98k is the same way. Some people just have unrealistic expectations and expect everything to roll like a $5000 custom rifle. (A highly-customized Mauser SP66 is the only bolt gun I've ever seen with a zero-slop action.)

I sold my 5.56x45 MVP because I decided that, if I was going to use a bolt rifle, I wanted it to be in something harder-hitting like 7.62x51. I am looking forward to buying a MVP in 7.62x51 in the future.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I talked to the gun counter on base and I can get a 20" 7.62 Predator for $564 out the door.  I will also get a 10% off dropping the price a bit.  Seems a fair price for all that rifle offers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I paid $525 from Buds back in February when they first came out (plus $20 dealer fee). They are $508 cash price on Buds now. So to have it hand and no dealer fees, your price sounds fair.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
What is the deal with the cash price thing.  How the hell do you pay cash to an online retailer?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#13]
You order it and send them a money order.
Buds payment policy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top