Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2014 4:02:15 AM EDT
So I picked one up on the super deal from Palmetto.  Like all Sigs the machine work is amazing.  What surprised me was how crappy the trigger was.  It is usable but not even close to what I would expect from a single action pistol and especially one of this price.  It was a little bit of a bear at first to get good groups.  The small size and light weight made me work for accuracy.  I tried several premium defense loads and it seemed to like Critical Duty best although I will keep shooting ot see if that remains the case as I get used to this little beast.  I guess my biggest complaint is how in the hell is sig going to charge the price they do and give you one f'n mag.  Holy shit, a Kel-tec is 1/3 the price and they give you 2 mags.  Thats just shitty of Sig as far as I am concerned.  They could keep that stupid holster and cable lock I will never use and give me a damn mag.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Aside from the fact that its plastic, i like the trigger. Its better than the full INCH pull found on something like a kahr

Youre right about price. Its stupid overpriced for what it is. Imo, its not worth more than $500. And their mags are $45 for a basic single stack 6 rounder or the 7 rounder with pinky extension, also absurd. Agree on useless holster. Agree that it's a snappy fucker too.

I think its reasonably accurate given how short the barrel is, but i dont really expect groups out of a pistol designed to shoot man sized targets at <7 yds.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I was also very disappointed in the trigger on my 938
The 238, in stark contrast, has a nice trigger.
Last week, I took the 938 apart and took the hammer and sear to the India and ceramic stones. A little work yielded a BIG dividend. The 938 now has a trigger similar to the 238.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:34:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a Sport last year from my local PSA on sale, came with 6 & 7 round mags (why does the cheapest 938 come with two mags and the pricier versions don't?). I had the same complaint, the heavy SA trigger pull was affecting my groups, so I replaced my trigger spring with one from a Colt Mustang 380, think I got it from Wolff. Found a great youtube video online with step by step instructions for disassembling, if you can field strip a pistol you can replace a trigger spring. Lightened up the trigger pull by a few pounds and greatly improved my groupings. It's an accurate pistol but has snappy recoil compared to my Walther PPS. Feeds 115, 124 & 147 gr FMJ rounds just fine, seems to group 147 grain the best. No feed or eject issues. I like the palm swell on the Hogue rubber grip but wish they'd left the finger groove off, I may try sanding it down.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Put a snap cap in chamber or maintain good control of hammer then apply upward pressure while dry firing many times. Itsimulates break in and will smooth your trigger a lot. Also be sure you have lubricated the sear after thorough cleaning before doing this.

Trick works with all guns that have a hammer you can get to.

Daniel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top