Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2014 6:38:35 PM EDT
Well I've stumbled into a striker pistol in .22WMRF. Was at a gun show and made a trade. I'm in it $300. I've got plenty of ammo laying around.

It came with a 1.5x pistol scope.

I replaced that with a 6.5-20x40 Redhead Epic Rifle scope I had laying around.

I also mounted sling swivels for bipod and sling.

I took the travel out of the trigger. It had a standard adjustment screw set for that.

My questions:

How did I do getting in to it?

Who else owns and shoots theirs?

Who else runs a rifle scope? Its only a RF...cmon!

What's the object mounted on the underside of the barrel in the stock? It apears to be a primary recoil lug. I've never seen one on a barrel shank. The action appears to be able to be dropped into a aftermarket stock system like boyds if I want to create a PG set up from one of the thumb hole stocks, and replace the trigger.

I got out and shot it.  Good results. Still getting used to its unique aspects.
100m
These first groups were slow fire at 10x benched. The last group was 6x free hand tight sling fast fire. I'm happy with it.
It prefers the 40 grain Winchester super X

Not bad for a 7.5 in barrel.

Groups will get smaller. I read about a shim I can instal to lighten the trigger pull.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one in .17hmr and one in .22lr. I have a 2-7x pistol scope on the .17 and a 2.5x pistol scope on the .22lr.

They are a blast to shoot and very accurate. I have shimmed the triggers and replaced springs which made a huge improvement on trigger pull. They will require a Left hand stock for a Model 93 or MKII if you decide to go that route of cutting a stock down. On my .17hmr I had the bottom of the receiver and stock milled to accept Marlin WMR magazines, much better than Savage mags.

I got my .17 in 2006 for $200 used and my .22lr in 2009 for $300 new.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I figured I paid about full retail. But not having to haul around a whole second rifle this season is going to be sweet.

Marlin mags! Holy shit .... Great idea. Milling it is no issue. I have a mill.

Read about getting the barrel out.... Fun. Not. Going to be a pain to get threaded.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
It has a round tube receiver, leave the barrel on the stripped down receiver to be threaded maybe?

As far as full retail price, they have not been made in a while, so the prices have gone up a little and they are hard to find.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I got all inspired because I found and bought a second OEM  5 rd magazine for $10.

So I decided to do a published "shim " trigger job.

I was about to perform the " Shim" fix on my rimfire savage striker. I took the trigger group out. I stoned the sear face and lever contact surfaces, then I started looking at the engagement spring.

I had a AR15 LPG kit in my smithing tackle box, and realized the bolt catch spring was the same diamiter but shorter.

I put it in. Took the travel take up screw all the way down to the keeper bolt, and reassembled.

Perfect 3.2 lb trigger with no shim.

Now lets see how it shoots at 100m....
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Trigger fix works!

Eliminated most of the fliers:

100m  triangles are 1inch aprox-

Wind pushed em pretty well.

Two fast.

Just gotta do your part.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:30:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry that I have no answers to your questions but, I've got to say, that's one of the coolest pistols I've ever seen. Congratulations!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top