Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2014 3:57:28 PM EDT
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
If you reload and aren't recoil sensitive I can't talk you out of it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

i can reload if i buy the dies.  what is recoil?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

.308 on steroids.  If I was going to hump a rifle up severe grades for hunting, K31 wouldn't be my first choice.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would we talk you out of it? It's a badass rifle.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:49:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Sights aren't the best it is a notch rear sight.

Heavy for a hunting rifle.

Recoil is not an issue. Less than a 7.62x54r or 8mm mauser
About that of a 303 Brit
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#6]
might be the most accurate deer rifle you can get for $300. I don't think I can talk you out of it
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The buttplate has negative pitch and kinda sucks for follow up shots while standing......ie the butt slips down from your shoulder after firing. Other than that I really like the rifle/ cartridge and would probably do you well.

Advntrjnky
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
168 grain SST ought to do really nicely out of one of those.

Personally, I'd never use a notch rear for a hunting rifle.  Peep sure...
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I took mine deer hunting and killed a nice buck when I first got it. Worked like a champ!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote
Got one from Aim about a year ago for that very reason. Want to kill a piggy with mine.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The buttplate has negative pitch and kinda sucks for follow up shots while standing......ie the butt slips down from your shoulder after firing. Other than that I really like the rifle/ cartridge and would probably do you well.

Advntrjnky
View Quote

I no longer have the link, but a rubber slip on buttpad does wonders for this problem on my k31.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#12]
On mine I plan on cutting the angle back a bit and put on a modern rubber recoil pad. I still have to do some final measuring but I'm pretty sure 87 or 88 degrees would fit me well.....I can also play with the LOP a little at the same time.

ETA: adding a rubber recoil pad doesn't do all that much to help alleviate the problems from negative/ improper pitch, you need to correct the angle/ stock fit.

Advntrjnky
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Great rifle but the irons are really awful.  It's why I sold mine.  I wouldn't hunt with one unless it were my only rifle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#14]
You can't but anything more accurate as far as a C&R.  I have four of them, (had six but gave my kid two of them) one has a St. Marie scope mount with a Weaver 10X is a hunting rifle for deer.  It is a tack driver, not that the others are not with iron sights.  I reload for mine, that is the best way if you are hunting with it.  They cycle fast and easy. I love all mine.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#15]
You sure you wouldn't rather have one of the 6.5x55 rifles? Less recoil, variety of preloaded ammo, and accurate? The 31 is still a good rifle, just playing debils advocate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top