Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2014 2:31:33 PM EDT
Got my first (and most likely last) order from Law Enforcement Targets (LETargets.com) today.
Before I ordered I sent several questions as to the quality of shipping and the procedures.

The paper targets shipped inside a box, sealed and laid flat for the most part. Not in bad shape when I got it (200 full size 50 yard targets maybe 2 with wrinkles)... thats good in my book.
But, I ordered several dozen cardboard backers that they simply bundled up and put a plastic band on it with a shipping label and threw it on a UPS truck.
and let me tell ya.... shipping wasnt cheap. Prices are a quarters per hundred for targets which is nice but, the shipping will get ya.

Bundle of cardboard left on porch when I got home looks like something I can get from the recycle center... target backers have some holes, a few gouges, and the banding material even wore thru about 6 layers. The outside layers look like even got a lil moisture.

Waiting for someone from the Co. to answer my call or emails now.... So far not too happy; I will plan to shop elsewhere in the future.
I know; I know...picky.
I am going be filling them with holes... but, I didnt need em to look like it already.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
pics
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
pics
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
pics

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered from letargets.com as well... Think about it how else are you supposed to bulk package targets... I understand why they do it. The targets are still shootable, at least I hope that's what you do to the targets, I mean seriously some gouges and water. Let them dry out and tape over the gouges if it bothers you. Yes there will be some marks from the band it's so they stay together.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought 500 of their targets several years ago. The targets came securely boxed, and shipping charges reflected the heavy package weight.

I, however, will not being doing further business with LE Targets due to their having supplied DHS with these morally repugnant targets.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/high-tide-and-turn/2013/feb/28/dhs-training-practice-targets-featuring-children-p/

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought 500 of their targets several years ago. The targets came securely boxed, and shipping charges reflected the heavy package weight.

I, however, will not being doing further business with LE Targets due to their having supplied DHS with these morally repugnant targets.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/high-tide-and-turn/2013/feb/28/dhs-training-practice-targets-featuring-children-p/

View Quote

perhaps they should replace the kiddie ones with pics of this HERO from jersey.

http://www.htrnews.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/13/rookie-jersey-city-cop-killed-armed-robbery/12605633/
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://www.htrnews.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/13/rookie-jersey-city-cop-killed-armed-robbery/12605633/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd be in for a case if they did, and a case for the wife's photo too.

I ordered a crap load of targets from them a few years ago and everything was fine, I don't remember what the shipping charges were but I do remember I thought them to be a little more than usual, but the cost of the targets themselves kind of offset the shipping.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Their shipping charges border on the ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Pistoleer was the last place I ordered targets from.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

LE is trained to deal with the real world.  In the real world pregnate women, kids, and seniors shoot people.  Sure, unjustified violence is morally repugnant.  But don't blame target printers or the cops that shoot back for reality.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
     LE is trained to deal with the real world.  In the real world pregnate women, kids, and seniors shoot people.  Sure, unjustified violence is morally repugnant.  But don't blame target printers or the cops that shoot back for reality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sir,

Many of my friends and associates are either active law enforcement, or retired military. Their jobs to secure and provide for the public and nations safety are too often overlooked, go unrewarded, or even acknowledged. They have my utmost respect, admiration, and gratitude. I know of not one that would condone these types of targets for training purposes. Thus, I choose to withhold my financial support.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:55:03 AM EDT
[#12]
My recent order came that way, too, and I couldn't care less.  I'm going to shoot them and discard them.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe I am just cheap but I made up a plywood template sized to what I want in a target backer and keep it at work along with a razor knife. At lunch or on break I take a stroll out to the loading dock and look for suitably large cardboard boxes being thrown away. Four quick cuts with my razor knife and I have a free backer. I can punch about 10 of them out in 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sir,  

Many of my friends and associates are either active law enforcement, or retired military. Their jobs to secure and provide for the public and nations safety are too often overlooked, go unrewarded, or even acknowledged. They have my utmost respect, admiration, and gratitude. I know of not one that would condone these types of targets for training purposes. Thus, I choose to withhold my financial support.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sir,  

Yes, some feel that police may face out-of-the-ordinary threats that those targets represent and should train not to hesitate.  The problem is (IMO), they should hesitate.  Yes, it may mean that places the officer in danger, but training to shoot first and ask questions later is problematic.  In fairness, LE Targets did pull those targets after complaints.  I don't know whether the targets were requested by a department(s) and they printed to fulfill the request or if they were targets they came up with to offer.  Either way, there is a demand for them but they did respond to complaints and stop making/selling them.  

As for the OP...if the cardboard was destroyed and unusable, I guess I could understand.  But you're going to be filling it with holes...does it really matter if it got a little damp or the strap crushed it?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:42:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I ordered from letargets.com as well... Think about it how else are you supposed to bulk package targets... I understand why they do it. The targets are still shootable, at least I hope that's what you do to the targets, I mean seriously some gouges and water. Let them dry out and tape over the gouges if it bothers you. Yes there will be some marks from the band it's so they stay together.
View Quote

Put a single outside layer of cardboard around it and band that, or thick packaging paper?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#17]
When I did my last order for IDPA cardboard targets they came boxed in a heavy box that kept them from being damaged.  I would find another supplier to buy from.  I have used Targetbarn.com several times with no complaints.  

As for those with access to free cardboard that is great but some competition requires the official targets so I am kind of stuck.  I do use spare cardboard when I can get it for regular practice but I don't have access to much at the FD.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought from them.  They used the two cardboard targets to sandwich the paper targets.  In essence, they used my cardboard targets as the packaging.  Annoyed me because there were several large holes in them by the time I got them.  I emailed them an complained, they offered free shit.  I declined because I knew it wasn't their fault but they did apologize for using my targets as the packaging material.  The UPS label was covering the 10 ring, so I got to take out my frustrations on them as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe not the exact targets you are looking for, but MGM supports the shooting sports and donated a bunch of steel targets to our local club when we hosted USPSA Area 1 this year.

http://mgmtargets.com/cardboard-targets
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#20]
They are bulk, stacked cardboard. Of course they will be shipped that way. Did you expect them to be bubble wrapped?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top