Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Deleted
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
The prototype body was formed last night and is ready for the hardware.   I've made a few small changes to the riser's original design. I'll have to fab my own bolts and use conventional over the counter torque knobs.  I've already contacted a few hardware suppliers for the parts that I'll need for the finished product and then it's off to the testers....

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
An update to show the first prototype. Cutting the elevation slots on the body was a major bee-atch but the system works great. On this prototype the cheek plank was made as a separate piece and then attached to the body. It works well but the plank requires too much time to trim, buff, align and attach to the body.  

The next unit/prototype will have the cheek plank integrated with the body. It will also be a bit longer to cover more of the Stock. Still deciding what type of knobs I'll go with, knurled or lobed.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 3:57:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Where are you getting the knobs?
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are you getting the knobs?
View Quote

I had contacted 3 US suppliers and basically received the same response. It appears that the knobs have to be purchased in bulk (500 minimum) in order to get each knob down to $1.20. Thats $4.80 per riser. These little suckers are expensive.  Also, believe it or not, Prototype A riser was comprised of 17 separate components which would take about 1.5 hours to cut, form, prep and assemble. It's obvious that the cost to produce this model would be too high, thus not feasible in my opinion.

So I've been busy working on an adjustable 2-knob design [Prototype B] that only has 8 components.  I'll unveil it in the next few days.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered a Riser. Thus far..  great service through emails, and fast responses too. Thanks LOS.

SPECTOR
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just ordered a Riser. Thus far..  great service through emails, and fast responses too. Thanks LOS.

SPECTOR
View Quote

THANKS, SPECTOR. I appreciate your kind words. Please check your PM.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a sneak peek of the CR7~Protoype B,  at 1.00" elevation.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#10]
How about a update on the new adjustable riser LOS?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my riser today. I am very happy with it. Great work and fits like its a factory OEM part. I got it installed lower on the stock  for my liking. Well heres some pictures. I have a very nice camera but not a photography by any means.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I want one of the CR-2's. How do I order from you? Do you have a site for ordering?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I want one of the CR-2's. How do I order from you? Do you have a site for ordering?
View Quote

Replied via IM and Email. THANKS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes you do! I love my riser. I'd get good pictures, but I'm between houses at the moment. 1/2" is perfect rise for the BUIS and AR-15 height optics. It's silly Beretta didn't build in some sort of riser, but LOS fixed that issue. Best accessory for the ARX!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes you do! I love my riser. I'd get good pictures, but I'm between houses at the moment. 1/2" is perfect rise for the BUIS and AR-15 height optics. It's silly Beretta didn't build in some sort of riser, but LOS fixed that issue. Best accessory for the ARX!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THANKS, Matthew_Q. Very kind of you to post that!.

Here's a few photos of the new CP-1. It's a cheek pad that is made to enhance the stock by providing a larger girth and a slight height in elevation. The difference is actually quite noticeable.  This cheek pad will snap on/off effortlessly without any modification to the stock.  The CP-1 will also be available in a fixed .5" elevation.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Got my riser today. I am very happy with it. Great work and fits like its a factory OEM part
View Quote

THANKS for posting your photos. Your ARX looks pretty good with the CR2.!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's the new addition to my line of ARX cheek risers, the CR7. It's a solid one piece design and comes in a fixed 1/2" height. The CR7 mounts on/off the stock in a snap. Absolutely no type of Stock modification is required. It will be available in a variety of tacticool colors.

On a side note, although the CR7 has a 1/2" fixed height,  it has the ability to be safely elevated to 3/4" with spacers.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been burning the midnight oil working on my next project. Here's a glimpse to where I'm headed..:

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#20]
There's been a lot of progress the last few days. I decided to change the design a bit by "skeletonizing" the riser body.  I think it gives the riser a unique look. Also, the torque knobs were finally delivered this morning.  I think they're the perfect size and style for this application. I snapped a few photos with the knobs resting on the riser in the exact location where they will torque the riser.  The retaining bolts should arrive in the next few days.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:10:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's a short video demonstrating how solid the CR8 riser is made and how easy it adjusts.

To play the video click on the image, then wait and click on the arrow in the center of the screen. After that, the video should start playing.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Awesome Cheek Riser LOS. You sure do make quality items. I love my Riser I bought from you. Super great cutting edge ideals too. Thanks for the video. You should post on Rimfire Central , and other forums as well.  I wish you all the very best Brother.

SPECTOR
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Awesome Cheek Riser LOS. You sure do make quality items. I love my Riser I bought from you. Super great cutting edge ideals too. Thanks for the video. You should post on Rimfire Central , and other forums as well.  I wish you all the very best Brother.

SPECTOR
View Quote

It's great to hear from you, Spector. THANKS for the kind words of encouragement.  I appreciate it very much. Hope all is well on your end. I'll catch up to you later, Bro.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Finally got to the range with my ARX... been busy with moving and such.

Anyway, it shot great, and the riser was awesome. Perfect height for the site. I did notice that it did slide forward on the stock a bit. I may put a strip of double sided tape under it to keep it in place. I don't think I'll ever really take it off.

Here's cell phone pic:

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks a bit backwards, no?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Anyway, it shot great, and the riser was awesome. Perfect height for the site. I did notice that it did slide forward on the stock a bit. I may put a strip of double sided tape under it to keep it in place. I don't think I'll ever really take it off.
View Quote

Great looking set-up..! Love your choice of optics. Thanks for posting the photo,  and also for your nice comments.

BTW, once mounted, the riser shouldn't  be able to move/slide on the stock by the recoil force of the rifle. Have you fired your ARX with the riser mounted with the front of the cheek plank facing towards the receiver?

Nonetheless, if you continue experiencing slippage please ship the riser back (I'll reimburse your shipping cost) and I'll send you a new riser at no cost to you.

Thanks, jimmy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Matthew Q. Hey there.. You have your Cheek Riser on Backwards. No Joke. LOS is the best guy in the world, and would never make anyone feel silly. But yep... You have her on Backwards. That should, and will fix your slipping forward problem. Hope this was helpful.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Hello LOS.

Great to see your doing good LOS. Great to hear from you too. You should also open up to other model Rifles as well. Especially with your thumb wheel adjustable riser.. say on a Remington 700. Get ready for some orders to come in fast. Just my two cents. Keep up the outstanding work.

SPECTOR
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Great looking set-up..! Love your choice of optics. Thanks for posting the photo,  and also for your nice comments.

BTW, once mounted, the riser shouldn't  be able to move/slide on the stock by the recoil force of the rifle. Have you fired your ARX with the riser mounted with the front of the cheek plank facing towards the receiver?

Nonetheless, if you continue experiencing slippage please ship the riser back (I'll reimburse your shipping cost) and I'll send you a new riser at no cost to you.

Thanks, jimmy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, jimmy.

I don't think there's any problem with the riser. It stays on very well. I just figured the recoil of 5.56 is a bit more than .22, and shooting from the bench like I was kinda has you leaning forward into the rifle more than if you were standing. I don't think there's anything wrong with the riser.

If it's backwards... well, I'll have to flip it around!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't think there's any problem with the riser. It stays on very well. I just figured the recoil of 5.56 is a bit more than .22, and shooting from the bench like I was kinda has you leaning forward into the rifle more than if you were standing. I don't think there's anything wrong with the riser.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, jimmy.

No worries, Mr. Q.  It's all good. Mount it as you wish.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:20:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 2:12:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Looks nice!

Dude, I still need to get some good pictures of mine... I'll have to break out the nice camera and see if I can get some this weekend. The weather and all the crap I'm having to do on the new house has prevented me from getting back to the range over the last month or so. I hope I'll get out there more soon.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
.... The weather and all the crap I'm having to do on the new house has prevented me from getting back to the range over the last month or so. I hope I'll get out there more soon.
View Quote

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy".
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Waiting for some sod to be delivered today. I'm going to get to have some fun! Yay!

I busted out the nice shooter and got a couple pictures. This one was probably the best:

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice photo, Mr. Q. Thanks for posting!  I really dig the sight.  What's the scoop on the scope?
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nice photo, Mr. Q. Thanks for posting!  I really dig the sight.  What's the scoop on the scope?
View Quote

It's a Lucid HD7. Kinda big, a bit heavy.  Zero magnification, with a few selectable reticles. AAA powered, light sensitive and automatically adjusts brightness. It's neat, but I'll probably be going with a 1-4x illuminated optic later on. Will likely also ditch the stock BUIS and get some angled ones I can easily use with a longer magnified optic.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's a Lucid HD7. Kinda big, a bit heavy.  Zero magnification, with a few selectable reticles. AAA powered, light sensitive and automatically adjusts brightness. It's neat, but I'll probably be going with a 1-4x illuminated optic later on. Will likely also ditch the stock BUIS and get some angled ones I can easily use with a longer magnified optic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a number of quality, inexpensive 1-4 variable optics out there. I was very happy with the Hi-Lux CMR that I purchased for my AR.

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There are a number of quality, inexpensive 1-4 variable optics out there. I was very happy with the Hi-Lux CMR that I purchased for my AR.

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/los3088/media/IMG_0129-3100x1500-800-1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/IMG_0129-3100x1500-800-1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/los3088/media/IMG_0113-3100x1500-800-1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/IMG_0113-3100x1500-800-1.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/los3088/media/IMG_0129-3100x1500-800-1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/IMG_0129-3100x1500-800-1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/los3088/media/IMG_0113-3100x1500-800-1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/IMG_0113-3100x1500-800-1.jpg</a>

That's exactly the one I want.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:41:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Why? Its a cheap $180 red dot made in Asia mounted on a $1950 (list price rifle) I wouldn't put that on the .22 version

Sorry not trying the be a Di-ck Mr. Q. I am know you working on something better
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
...That's exactly the one I want.
View Quote

It's a darn good scope. I printed the reticle diagram and placed it on the rear flip cover for quick reference.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's a darn good scope. I printed the reticle diagram and placed it on the rear flip cover for quick reference.

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/los3088/media/IMG_0121-800-1_edit_1434215412021_zpswyfywfbc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/IMG_0121-800-1_edit_1434215412021_zpswyfywfbc.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...That's exactly the one I want.

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/los3088/media/IMG_0121-800-1_edit_1434215412021_zpswyfywfbc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/los3088/IMG_0121-800-1_edit_1434215412021_zpswyfywfbc.jpg</a>

Nice. That's a great idea. It does come with the scope covers, right?
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted: ....
That's a great idea. It does come with the scope covers, right?
View Quote

yup.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#47]
New stuff on the Horizon.  :)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top