Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2014 6:17:54 PM EDT
They have some great deals but have never done business with them.
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
They have some great deals but have never done business with them.
View Quote

I'm wondering the same. They have some reviews on their Facebook page
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I will let you know when my upper comes in.  I spoke with them on the phone and did some research but found nothing bad.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you receive/shoot your upper yet?

My brother seems hell bent on buying their .300 Blackout pistol upper and like you I have been seeking reviews. I will admit at $250.00 they are super inexpensive but I hope they are not a 4-6 MOA upper in the performance department....
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Any update or other comments on their quality? Primary Arms sells them which is a mark of praise IMO.
Pricing is spot on with PSA for the most part - I just wonder how one of their barrels would compare with a PSA premium FN barrel.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Primary Arms seems to be featuring a lot of their products - if PA backs it, I'm willing to bet it's good to go.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 7:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Primary Arms seems to be featuring a lot of their products - if PA backs it, I'm willing to bet it's good to go.
View Quote

I think I am going to order This One
Found a $30 off coupon for their website - it has to be better than the PTAC 1:9 I am replacing.

Edit - ordered, actually went with the chrome lined version Here
Will update this thread when it arrives and I get to shoot it. Need to find a decent but inexpensive red dot on the EE now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a 5.56 10.5" upper from them this past weekend. As others have said, the pricing is in line with PSA, DSA and primary arms sells them. My order is still processing as of today. We will see when it arrives....

Eta... received all nice and wrapped up 2 days after I posted. Put it on a PSA lower, locked up nice and tight. I ordered straight from radical firearms. Broke in the barrel, and sighted in my primary arms micro dot at 50. Great upper, will definitely order again.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 3:16:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I received my 300blk upper and works great.
Then!

Now!
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks good! Tracking shows mine should be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Upper arrived and looks great. No scratches or scuffs, rifling is bright and sharp.Can't wait to shoot it this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Threw a Primary Arms micro-dot on top and went to the range this afternoon. Dialed in the red dot at 50 yards, upper functioned flawlessly. Dumped about 100 rounds through it and it ran great. I am very happy with the accuracy given given that I was shooting with a red dot at 50 yards, unsupported. I am tempted to throw a scope on top and see what it can really do one day.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am tempted to throw a scope on top and see what it can really do one day.
View Quote

please do....from a bench even better

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am tempted to throw a scope on top and see what it can really do one day.

If the weather cooperates, I plan on throwing a vortex scope on this weekend and shooting some groups at 100 yards. Will report back.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any update or other comments on their quality? Primary Arms sells them which is a mark of praise IMO.
Pricing is spot on with PSA for the most part - I just wonder how one of their barrels would compare with a PSA premium FN barrel.
View Quote

They're a half hour drive from each other. I don't think it says anything either way.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Made it to the range today. Put a Vortex Crossfire 3.5-10x50 scope on top, with a bit better scope may have been able to tighten the groups a bit more. This also has a ACT Combat trigger which is good but not the best for groups.
For the price, I am happy with it and would buy again.

50 yards with 69gr SMKs.

100 yards with 69gr and 77gr SMKs.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Bringing a bit of an old thread, but I just ordered a 10.5 upper from them (556) to put on my duty rifle.

Was bit nervous about ordering from such a new company, but I figured at this price, I can do the testing myself and see if it holds up to the reliability task I need.

They have some really radical (no pun intended lol) handguards coming from seekins which is good. I opted not to get that handguard and got a regular instead as I want to make sure this upper is good to go.

I'll update on when I get it. I asked them to do a full auto mag dump if they can so I know it functions well in a m16 lower.

Was told 2-4 weeks to build the upper.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Made it to the range today. Put a Vortex Crossfire 3.5-10x50 scope on top, with a bit better scope may have been able to tighten the groups a bit more. This also has a ACT Combat trigger which is good but not the best for groups.

50 yards with 69gr SMKs.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SoZjY-h_VEY/U9QbGiEb6UI/AAAAAAAABRw/oQupVnv0_iw/w913-h685-no/20140726_160111.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lLyip5hnxf0/U9QbC08C4LI/AAAAAAAABRg/6hwC0kMktRM/w913-h685-no/20140726_160224.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nYMqXi1ViQo/U9QbEgSLbXI/AAAAAAAABRo/ua8Q2_GWJCE/w913-h685-no/20140726_160156.jpg
View Quote

2 inches at 100 yards doesn't sound too promising out of match ammo. but then again, this isn't a match gun/barrel I guess. lol
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

2 inches at 100 yards doesn't sound too promising out of match ammo. but then again, this isn't a match gun/barrel I guess. lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50 yards with 69gr SMKs.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SoZjY-h_VEY/U9QbGiEb6UI/AAAAAAAABRw/oQupVnv0_iw/w913-h685-no/20140726_160111.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lLyip5hnxf0/U9QbC08C4LI/AAAAAAAABRg/6hwC0kMktRM/w913-h685-no/20140726_160224.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nYMqXi1ViQo/U9QbEgSLbXI/AAAAAAAABRo/ua8Q2_GWJCE/w913-h685-no/20140726_160156.jpg

All about perspective... 16" carbine with a milspec weight trigger, lower than optimal magnification scope, and off a bench but nothing like a lead sled. For a $300 upper, I am very pleased. I think with higher quality scope and a better rest, groups could easily shrink to 1moa.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Are the threads concentric?  I was thinking about getting a 7.62x39 as an alternate host when 300BLK is too pricey.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I too have been looking at these 10.5 uppers from Radical Firearms, I am trying to get a longer rail on it.
Any more reviews and pics of thier work?
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Found a $30 off coupon for their website - it has to be better than the PTAC 1:9 I am replacing.

Will update this thread when it arrives and I get to shoot it. Need to find a decent but inexpensive red dot on the EE now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the same one but with the YHM forend.  Hoping it will be on the way to my doorstep shortly!  Picked up a PSA nickle boron BCG on sale to run with it. I will report back on performance once I am up and running
Johnathon, how much does your upper weigh in at if you can answer.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 8:41:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Just threw the complete upper on my scale and got 5# 10oz.
This is the 16" carbine with quad rail, with AIM NiB BCG, standard CH with extended latch, PA microdot, Diamondhead iron sights, and TerraLux light/mount.
Too lazy to strip it and weigh the upper as received from RF.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just threw the complete upper on my scale and got 5# 10oz.
This is the 16" carbine with quad rail, with AIM NiB BCG, standard CH with extended latch, PA microdot, Diamondhead iron sights, and TerraLux light/mount.
Too lazy to strip it and weigh the upper as received from RF.
View Quote

That was exactly what I wanted to know anyhow.  I will have a simlar loadout on mine when done.  Still waiting for mine to ship.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jonathon, how long did it take your order to ship?  Mine said 3-5 BD.  I am going on 10 BD and am patient but I really wanting to see this thing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I replied to this thread twice now from my phone and it hasn't shown up....
ETA - laptop worked!

My upper shipped in 2 or 3 days. Think I had it a week after ordering.
If you have a Facebook, take a look at their page - seems they are running behind due to the sale, and not expecting such a rush of orders.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I did see their big sale on pistol AR's.  That also was tempting!  Sounds like I will just have to wait it out!  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Woo Hoo!  Just had Fed Ex roll up and drop off my new RA upper!  Looks super sweet!  Will report back on fit and function in a bit!
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Got my 7.5" 300 Blackout in last week. Works great, looks good, and groups pretty well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I am absolutely thrilled with my upper purchase from Ratical!  I got a 16in Specter M4 chrome lined with the YHM handguard and added the Seekins comp and the BCM charge handle.  I already had a PSA NiB bolt and put the upper on a RRA lower that I added a BCM H2 buffer.  On top I added the Primary Arms 4X prism scope.  I bore sighted the upper and did not have to move the reticle at all.  My very first 2 shots and a total of 5 clicks including both windage and elevation and I the scope completely zeroed.  Ammo is just some cheap 55g Hornady FMJ's

I followed up with an 8 shot group at 100 yards to complete the first 10 rounds through this upper.  

Here is a sweet shooter!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks good!
I just finished building my first AR pistol lower today, I may get a Radical upper for it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I ordered from them on 8/31.
I sent an email last night asking when I should expect it to be shipped.
This morning I got a response.  
The company or the employee is totally anti-customer service and full of himself.
Rather than simply state when I should expect to receive it he dared me to cancel the order.
When I called to follow up a salesperson stated "consider your order cancelled"
Very Adolescent of them and I will NEVER do business with them again.
David Spector does not know how to treat a customer right.

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The company or the employee is totally anti-customer service and full of himself.
Rather than simply state when I should expect to receive it he dared me to cancel the order.

View Quote

I had some trouble with them as well on my order.  The promises for when shit will arrive are kind of lame.  Just say 6 week lead time and get it over with.  If your prices and product ar egood enough we will wait for it then be happy when it gets in early.  I also got the dare to cancel me speech but VISA always takes care of me on such matters.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#33]
So if one can buy through primary arms....its good, since you don't have to deal with the company directly, right?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
It doesn't look good when someone joins just to post a really negative (or positive) review on a company or product.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It doesn't look good when someone joins just to post a really negative (or positive) review on a company or product.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We have you covered. Radical is doing a great job of sourcing, manufacturing and building. We have the infrastructure in place to ship fast and provide support when needed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So if one can buy through primary arms....its good, since you don't have to deal with the company directly, right?

We have you covered. Radical is doing a great job of sourcing, manufacturing and building. We have the infrastructure in place to ship fast and provide support when needed.

$599.990 for an AR pistol - complete
I am sure you will sell alot of them !!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way to go folks. :)
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#39]
I just got my 8.5 inch 300 blk upper in. Overall looks good. Was looking for an AAC 9 inch upper, but it was out of stock everywhere. So I ordered this, and ordered a 10.5 inch .223 wylde upper from seekins. I won't shoot 300blk often, so it ended up working out well for me. 300 blk ammo prices are pretty high right now. I know I'll shoot 5.56 more often.  Either way, For the money, I can't complain. 300 bucks for an upper is definitely the least I've ever spent. If it can group half way decent with my 762sdn6, than i'll be happy. I'll post a pic when my Seekins upper comes in.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a complete 10.5 556 upper from PA,and I bought a 10.5 556 barrel and pistol extension kit from RF direct.
CSR's at both places were quick to answer questions and address issues.
PA just ships quicker
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am 99.99% sure I was in their store when you called.....The date and time match when I was there filling out my paper work for my suppressor.  The employee you were speaking to told you that the web site clearly stated what the lead time was and that he would offer you a refund if you could not wait.  

***Please select your options on the right hand side for BCG, Charging Handle, and other choices. Due to an overwhelming amount of orders for this product. Build time could be 3-5 weeks. Please be conscious that we are doing everything we can to get orders out before this time frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top