Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 11:53:32 AM EDT
I have an M1A already so I have plenty of mags for one of these.  I want to hunt with it, use it as a lighter alternative to the M1A scout and something to mount a standard scope to.  The M1A has a scout style scope on it.  For a GP rifle and hunting would the patrol or predator be better.  I like the 18" of the predator but the threaded barrel on the 16" patrol in case I decide to run a can when I PCS to a free state.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.  I read your post, your rifle definitely looks good.  Just trying to decide between the 2 different MVP's
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Go with the 18 inch. It will add slightly to the muzzle velocity and you can always thread it later if you want/need to.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the Patrol in both .223 and .308 for GP rifles because of the following:

In random order-

1) threaded barrel
2) synthetic stock
3) iron sights
4) one piece scope mount

Those are all things I want in a general purpose rifle. Whether or not those things are more important than 2" of barrel is up to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top