Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2014 8:21:16 PM EDT
I picked up a little jewel from a local pawn shop today.   A Remington Woodmaster 742 in 30.06.......Build Date of June 1959.................98% at $350.00 including sales tax.
Will try to post some pictures.   Please feel free to give me a hard time about it.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Then you saw the pressure washer....
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:49:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I picked up a little jewel from a local pawn shop today.   A Remington Woodmaster 742 in 30.06.......Build Date of June 1959.................98% at $350.00 including sales tax.
Will try to post some pictures.   Please feel free to give me a hard time about it.

View Quote

I have one. I think mine is a little newer. Got it from DOD......"Dear Old Dad"
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I will not give you a hard time but I did the same at our local pawn shop years ago. The rifle came with a 3x9 Leupold scope but it only shoots single shots because the casing does not eject once its been fired. Other than that, it shoots very well and I have used it deer hunting with only one shot.  I have taken a lot of deer with that rifle and it is accurate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will not give you a hard time but I did the same at our local pawn shop years ago. The rifle came with a 3x9 Leupold scope but it only shoots single shots because the casing does not eject once its been fired. Other than that, it shoots very well and I have used it deer hunting with only one shot.  I have taken a lot of deer with that rifle and it is accurate.
View Quote

Huh, are you and the OP related? Post count, location, you both bought the same rifle at a pawn shop...

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one as a kid... first rifle I ever bought with my own work money.  While I've seen others jam often, mine worked good.  I've always liked the look and feel of those rifles, especially the shorter carbine version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top