Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 7:39:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm calling them today for my refund.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
To each their own, I'm still fine with it. I have plenty of other lowers / projects to build in the meantime.

It is strange that AR things like this seem to have some sort of curse against them though. RRAs PDS upper suffered similar delays, until they finally threw in the towel on the variant that you could install on any lower.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shotshow is is coming, I'm sure there will be some fake progress soon. DannerTrax

I will be at SHOT, maybe for a lark I'll stop by his booth and hold out cold, hard cash for the balance of my payment and ask if I can take the upper that is on display.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

Please get it on video lol.

This

Another "This"
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You can buy an XCR right now.

Just saying.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 4:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can buy an XCR right now.

Just saying.
View Quote

I wouldn't touch an XCR with a 10 foot pole.

F*** Alex Robinson.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Exactly. Those who wait want the product for what it is and I personally wont settle for something different.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Ready for round 2!

Facebook link
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Production of the serbu upper has been postponed indefinitely.  Mark is excited about the rifle and wants to produce it, but he doesn't have the funds to tool up for full scale production.  His .50 cal rifle it's a means to boost his profits in the hopes of reinvesting into the tooling needed for production of the SU15.  I was told this directly from one of his employees today at his SHOT booth.

It's probably going to be awhile.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 2:14:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Production of the serbu upper has been postponed indefinitely.  Mark is excited about the rifle and wants to produce it, but he doesn't have the funds to tool up for full scale production.  His .50 cal rifle it's a means to boost his profits in the hopes of reinvesting into the tooling needed for production of the SU15.  I was told this directly from one of his employees today at his SHOT booth.

View Quote

That's just...bull****. I'm glad I grabbed my refund and ran far away.

Is he going to refund everybody who put in their pre-orders? If anybody else did this they would be pushed out of the industry. I'd say it's unethical and much like theft.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is he going to refund everybody who put in their pre-orders? If anybody else did this they would be pushed out of the industry. I'd say it's unethical and much like theft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't ask because I actually didn't think about it, since I haven't made a pre order.  It's also apparent from talking to them about it that this is a touchy subject for Mark and I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I didn't ask because I actually didn't think about it, since I haven't made a pre order.  It's also apparent from talking to them about it that this is a touchy subject for Mark and I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow....

So everyone who pre-ordered just gave the man an interest free loan. Hopefully he can refund
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Somewhat predictable outcome based on events leading up to it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#14]
You would think if production is suspended indefinitely an email update would be sent to those that pre paid and or placed a downpayment.  WTF!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wow....

So everyone who pre-ordered just gave the man an interest free loan. Hopefully he can refund
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow....

SERBU is like the kickstarter of the firearm world.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Got in on the RN-50 today. No deposit, will call me when they get some more information sorted out. Talked to Jim, he was super nice. Didn't ask about the SU-15.

Plenty of time to save, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:38:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, this is pretty aggravating. It's an upper...and considering that the bbl is likely outsourced, there really isn't THAT much manufacture here soooo WTF?

I swear, there is some kind of curse against buffer-tube-less ARs. First the RRA guys couldn't figure out their bufferless upper,and now this. Sweet jebus.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got in on the RN-50 today. No deposit, will call me when they get some more information sorted out. Talked to Jim, he was super nice. Didn't ask about the SU-15.

View Quote

Why not?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#19]
How different is Serbu upper from the faxon :
http://faxonfirearms.com/arak-21-upper-receiver/?fullSite=1

Wes
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not?

Meant to, then my ADD kicked in. Call and ask, he was nice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wes
View Quote

We'll lets try to quantify that, the Faxon upper is real and the Serbu upper is not, and never will be. So they are pretty different, DannerTrax
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We'll lets try to quantify that, the Faxon upper is real and the Serbu upper is not, and never will be. So they are pretty different, DannerTrax
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wes

Ha'...I meant more in the sense of what does the proposed Serbu do that the Faxon existing product doesn't do?

Wes
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't want to jump on the man because 1) I think it was an exciting design and 2) Innovation helps the industry.

But if that line is true about indefinite suspension due to funding for tool up... well, that's just unacceptable after taking people's money.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been looking for a cheap(er) .50. I don't follow the whole YouTube "coolness factor," design, but I may jump on it mostly because I want a .50, but partially in the hope that it will help fund SU15 upper.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:12:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Hows the cheek weld going to feel on that .50?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hows the cheek weld going to feel on that .50?
View Quote

Abrasive
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's dishonest enough that I can't believe it isn't illegal. There has to be something in law about taking money for things you have no personal ability to deliver on, right?

Maybe it is..... Anyone check?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I got me refund, only takes a 5min phone call and less than a 5 day turnaround with mailing across the country. They are very nice about it. I hold no negative feelings towards them and will probably buy the upper if it ever comes out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's dishonest enough that I can't believe it isn't illegal. There has to be something in law about taking money for things you have no personal ability to deliver on, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#31]
We're coming up on a year...
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:32:54 PM EDT
[#32]
That break action .50 looks like a bunch of shit someone gathered around from the used parts bins...whatta' fucking train wreck of a situation.  It's one thing to wait a year for a firearm you know is coming, but when the timeline is unknown, then "put on hold," it's time to cash out.  I wouldn't be counting on that pile of ass to rescue Serbu firearms.

A break action .50...who even thought that would be an idea worthy of taking beyond the thought is scary.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That break action .50 looks like a bunch of shit someone gathered around from the used parts bins...whatta' fucking train wreck of a situation.  It's one thing to wait a year for a firearm you know is coming, but when the timeline is unknown, then "put on hold," it's time to cash out.  I wouldn't be counting on that pile of ass to rescue Serbu firearms.

A break action .50...who even thought that would be an idea worthy of taking beyond the thought is scary.
View Quote

That's putting it nicely. I've never heard of anyone wanting a break action anything except collecting shotguns. I'm glad I got out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Newest update for those not on fb:

SU-15 Update:  Here's my personal one that I'm blessed (or "blessed", if you're so inclined) to be able to have as an almost constant companion.  Yes, I realize how lucky I am to have loaded machine guns in my office on a daily basis!  BTW, the first 10 rounds or so in the SU-15 mag are M856; most days it's dark when I leave the shop.  Anyway, as I've said before we just couldn't afford to produce the SU-15 in our current situation...our overhead is fairly large and we need to a lot of cashflow to stay afloat.  I wish I didn't have to know all the stuff I now know about business but when you turn your passion into your job it's just part of the deal.  The RN-50 has been a game changer for us...its wild success will allow us to put the SU-15 back on the front burner...  BTW, how many interesting things can you name in this picture?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#35]
It would help if you included the picture.

Link Posted: 3/24/2016 1:01:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It would help if you included the picture.

http://i.imgur.com/y5IfeKR.jpg
View Quote

I wonder if he sold off some of that stuff, maybe he could put the money towards the tooling?  That's pretty much how I fund new gun projects.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Another non-post with no progress from Mark Serbu.
Link Posted: 3/27/2016 9:58:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it's called Article 2 of the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code).  Or more specifically, your own state's adoption of the UCC.

Once either a payment in full or a deposit has been made, sellers have an obligation to provide those goods in a reasonable time frame.  This is why most legit companies don't and won't accept "pre-payments" if they know darn well the product won't be shipped within 90 days.  Opens them up to liability that most smart business owners would rather avoid.

Any time you see a gun manufacturer accepting "pre-orders", one of two things is usually going on: Either it's an established and reputable company, and they're accepting pre-orders more as an administrative matter than anything else (and they will certainly deliver on time), or it's some aspiring "big dreams but little in the way of execution" garage shop that has discovered the secret to getting 0% interest loans from unsuspecting consumers...completely in violation of state UCC laws.

Hopefully Serbu is in fact refunding those pre-orders, and preferably without people having to ask.  At this point, having announced the product is on the back burner, Serbu does have a legal obligation to issue refunds on those pre-orders.  I hope Mr. Serbu is doing the right thing.  I've seen this movie about 10 times prior in the gun industry, and more often than not it doesn't end well.  Often, the "pre-order" money is long-gone by the time most people realize they've been had.  Sometimes it's just a failed business venture, and sometimes it's more sinister, where the business owner knowingly spends the money on personal bills and toys.  Again, I hope Serbu becomes the exception in this situation, and everyone who placed a pre-order is made whole.

Folks...never ever EVER let a company hold your money for more than 90 days.  ESPECIALLY in this industry, where there are more than a few "bad actors" and incompetent businessmen.  Consumers are often entirely too trusting, which is a great way to get taken advantage of.  It's frustrating to me to read about things like this because it happens so often.  Yet many people never learn.  Or I assume they don't, because they continue to let companies hang onto their 0% interest loans WAY longer than they should.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#40]
MS posted a su 15 video on his you tube channel a couple days ago. "Soon, I promise". I haven't asked for a refund of my preorder yet. Still patiently waiting...
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top