Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did the orders start with #1.  In other words,  are there over a thousand pre orders already?
View Quote

I don't think so.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Can someone on FB ask Serbu why this upper doesn't have a brass deflector?

The answer is important to me since I'm left handed.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wear eye pro and shoot with your mouth closed?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You were born with a brass deflector: your face.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll take one for 700 but if its 1000+ I'll pass. I may consider the  XCR-L Pistol   But I'll wait to see how this goes
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Order # 1144 as of a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh. Only two orders in four days. Mine was 1142.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But then I'd really look like this :          Call me a sissy if you will but, pass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
But then I'd really look like this :          Call me a sissy if you will but, pass.
View Quote

:)
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised that's all there is. But where else is it being discussed besides this thread here and Facebook?
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm surprised that's all there is. But where else is it being discussed besides this thread here and Facebook?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Part of me is surprised, but another part isn't. They haven't really done a great job of marketing this thing. Outside of a few shot show videos, and one or two demos, they haven't really marketed their product. It's pretty much all word-of-mouth. There was one video that I could find, possibly from last year's shot show that shows someone firing the SU-15 in full auto, subsequently jamming, and Mark Serbu mouthing "prototype".

It's not front-and-center on their website, and they don't have a presence here on arfcom. I appreciate Mark answering questions and getting a FAQ out there on facebook, but it would really help if he could get it into the hands of some reviewers, or release an in-depth video showing all the features and actually being fired.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#13]
So is the one pictured a short receiver with a 7.5" barrel?

The different length receivers seems to be throwing me off. I would also prefer a 10.5" or 11.5" barrel, but am considering ordering the 7.5" to try out.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:20:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry I'm not going to buy something that lives on Facebook. Having zero info now on a product about to launch doesn't bode well for its future either. This thing seems to be flat lining and it isn't even out of the gate yet. I was interested but not anymore. If it does well and is around in a year or two i may revisit it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not a fan of the DI system on this. If I wanted DI I'll use an AR.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From TOS:

If anyone is still wondering the Serbu is a true direct impingement. I'm not talking AR-15 DI, I'm talking Mas-49 DI.

Standard AR bolt, cam pin, barrel and barrel extension, but needs a unique gas block. Also said the op rod and carrier are a 2 piece assembly.

You can see the carrier here. The gas cup thingy is just before the hole for the charging handle and works identical to a true DI system. Shot gas tube meets up with the carrier(they call it an op rod) and pushes against it just like the Mas-49 cup thing.

Link
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I still think it's going to be a great upper. Details are scarce, but I'm excited.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Got my Serbu lower ready with a folding stock. Just need an upper to slap on it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got my Serbu lower ready with a folding stock. Just need an upper to slap on it.
View Quote

Nice! Which folding stock did you go with?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just went with an Ace. Only thing I could find right now. I'll use it till Mark comes out with his folder.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 4:41:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just went with an Ace. Only thing I could find right now. I'll use it till Mark comes out with his folder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. I might go with the Law Guns unit, but seems a little long and bulky for just a folding stock. I was thinking about getting an SIG MCX lower, but it looks like it might be incompatible.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Working on getting one of these units to test, and also looking at doing an ARFCOM version of this from Serbu assuming all goes well with the T&E (after the initial release).
It would be ARFCOM marked/customized somehow, and offered at a better price than elsewhere.
View Quote

So you're bringing back the SEBRs?
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Working on getting one of these units to test, and also looking at doing an ARFCOM version of this from Serbu assuming all goes well with the T&E (after the initial release).

It would be ARFCOM marked/customized somehow, and offered at a better price than elsewhere.
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#26]
in before the preorder ended! w00t! order 1160.   I'd guess they started at 1000. Serbu is a pretty small operation and there was no real advert for this, so 160 pre orders isn't really shocking. Most haven't heard of it, many of those that have want to see a review before they buy. They may also be accepting preorders via other means (dealers or whatever). I dunno, but I'm excited to get this...
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
in before the preorder ended! w00t! order 1160.   I'd guess they started at 1000. Serbu is a pretty small operation and there was no real advert for this, so 160 pre orders isn't really shocking. Most haven't heard of it, many of those that have want to see a review before they buy. They may also be accepting preorders via other means (dealers or whatever). I dunno, but I'm excited to get this...
View Quote

They said they were taking pre-orders at SHOT, so dealers and distributors probably got in before it went on their website.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:46:05 PM EDT
[#28]
prolly right. Most sales probably usually go to distributors etc anyway right, rather than direct? I think it's cool that they offered a presale. It's a risk for those in that group, but it's also a substantial discount and you're 'first in line' to get the goodies. If these things end up being like Keltec products and impossible to find, the preorder group will be taken care of. It's all good. I just can't wait to try it out!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#29]
My Serbu lower ready for my SU-15 upper.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:13:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Some more SU-15 info on barrel removal/install on facebook.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:06:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I passed on the pre-order due to the lack of barrel info/choices. I hope they come out with a 10.5" or 11" and good specs. Waiting to see how they come out and really interested if there will be an ar15.com version.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I passed on the pre-order due to the lack of barrel info/choices. I hope they come out with a 10.5" or 11" and good specs. Waiting to see how they come out and really interested if there will be an ar15.com version.
View Quote

Specs, I can understand. I thought they had a pistol version with 10.5" barrel?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's still a chance to get in on pre-order at reduced price and I'm tempted, but...I think I'll wait and see how it shakes out too.  The potential arfcom version is what I'll probably be watching for.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm curious  if everyone went with the 7 5 inch 556 or 9 inch 300 blk? Was wondering what most of you though was the better option.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Neither. I went with the longer rail and 16" barrel, though I requested 14.5" pinned to 16".
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Went with the 9" Blackout. I already have an SBR'd lower so why the hell not
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I went with a 9 inch 300 blk. I really wanted to give a 7 5 inch 556 a try but I love using suppressors  too much. I am excited to see how this upper compares to my noveske 8 5 inch one
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#38]
I only hope they will start offering them for sale again soon...even at the full price.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I only hope they will start offering them for sale again soon...even at the full price.
View Quote

Miss out on the pre order? I may not end up keeping mine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Have they started shipping the first preorders?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#41]
I have order 1108 and nothing yet. Hoping to hear something soon. I went ahead and called and paid the remaining balance so the only thing is the shipping charge.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My Serbu lower ready for my SU-15 upper.
<a href="http://s758.photobucket.com/user/tony50cal/media/20150302_113332_zps85ms5lee.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx222/tony50cal/20150302_113332_zps85ms5lee.jpg</a>
View Quote

Is that the ACE folding stock? If possible could you take a picture from the top looking down?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes, it's the Ace folder. Will get another pic.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXFYUZB-hc0&feature=youtu.be

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXFYUZB-hc0&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXFYUZB-hc0&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#46]
I have a feeling that it's going to be a late year release...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

The buttpad looks a bit long, but the lower looks great overall.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Looks nice, but very pricey....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks awesome, but since the buffer tube isn't needed what folding stock or telescoping stock can you use?

There are adapters that allow you to use folding AR stocks

ACE has adapters that let you use non-AR stocks as well.

ACE can suck it.  After a cutting a tang off my Saiga to use their faulty push-button folding mechanism, they were going to make me pay shipping to "investigate" what they already knew was garbage.  I returned it to Midway for a full refund.  Their "receptionist" wouldn't tell me if I would be given a different folder or the same piece of garbage.  

I lite this one, instead: http://www.lawtactical.com/product_p/2012201.htm

Looks nice, but very pricey....

Shit, when buying that upper the last thing you'll worry about is the price of a folding mechanism, it's feeding that bastard to keep achieving the many smiles you'll have.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Stuck the recoil pad on for the check of it. Will probably take it off once the upper arrives and I get a feel for the length of pull.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:38:10 PM EDT
[#50]
hoping these uppers are ready to roll soon....I'm gonna go ahead, be optimistic, and guestimate that these will be available to the preorder peeps by the end of August. You heard it here first!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top