Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 6:19:45 AM EDT
Unfortunately, Im not going to be able to go to the shot show this year. While it isnt the same, luckily for me most distributors are listing new products and guns to be ready for orders placed at the show.

While I dont have pictures or much of a description, heres a couple neat things to be expecting

I will add more as they come. This is what ive got so far

Im crazy excited for the Kahr CM45 and the new Walther PPK/S in 22. No longer have to pay 700+ for an old one! The PPX is ugly as sin, but im including it too.

The new tavor and UZI pistol are coming too!

Updated to remove pricing

Update11/26 - Tavor conversion kits

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Tavor at $1,500 will sell a lot, I think.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#2]
MSRP is 1999, so we'll probably be able to find them around $1700.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I may have to get tavor for 1500
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm all over the Tavor if and when it gets here, especially at a decent price point
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The prices above are dealer cost. I left them up because I know alot of dealers like to scalp on new products. Unfortunately the Tavor will probably be sold at MSRP till the demand drops to normal.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The prices above are dealer cost. I left them up because I know alot of dealers like to scalp on new products. Unfortunately the Tavor will probably be sold at MSRP till the demand drops to normal.

My dealer is very nice to me
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:19:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No kidding!

I wonder why the 18" is priced lower than the 16"?   I wonder if it is just lower anticipated volume, or if there are any other differences?  At $1500, they can count on my $$.   Above that, it will be difficult for me to justify.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:37:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully the PPK-22 isn't one of the German look alikes (like the plastic-ish 45's, etc), but an actual .22 like in years past.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hopefully the PPK-22 isn't one of the German look alikes (like the plastic-ish 45's, etc), but an actual .22 like in years past.

I was thinking just this. I have doubts at that pricepoint but have wanted a PPK/S in .22lr for a while (so I can screw my suppressor on and play Bond lol).
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding!

I wonder why the 18" is priced lower than the 16"?   I wonder if it is just lower anticipated volume, or if there are any other differences?  At $1500, they can count on my $$.   Above that, it will be difficult for me to justify.

If you read the desc. it just comes with iron sights. The 16 comes with M21 reflex sight
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:59:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Definitely glad to see those prices on the Tavor...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking just this. I have doubts at that pricepoint but have wanted a PPK/S in .22lr for a while (so I can screw my suppressor on and play Bond lol).

How much do the Firestorm 22's run?

May be serious competition for them depending on dealer markup.  Firestorm 22 is ten round magazine if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I see a 16" Tavor and an Uzi Pro SBR in my immediate future...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I love having a dealer that will sell me anything from RSR at cost + $20 for the transfer fee.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 5:44:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 6:20:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Are those dealer prices?
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Where did this info come from?

RSR Group and Acusport, under new products.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#21]
You can look on RSR's website/catalog, not acusport. But you wouldnt be able to see prices or availability.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
You can look on RSR's website/catalog, not acusport. But you wouldnt be able to see prices or availability.

So basically it's only registered dealers that would have access to what we're seeing in here?

Yes.
Id also take into consideration that "New" pricing doesnt always stay in effect, most manufacturers have an increase at the first of the year. So whats above should be taken as a ballpark number on what to expect.

On another website is showing Springfield bringing back the full railed TRP. But there are no item numbers, just speculating at this point.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So basically it's only registered dealers that would have access to what we're seeing in here?

Correct. I sure dont miss retail with customers telling me I should be selling guns for
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

yes / na just type in rsr and go looking
no prices till ya LOG IN
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#26]
polymer UZI?????
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct. I sure dont miss retail with customers telling me I should be selling guns for

Informed consumers sure do suck!
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#29]
The storefront dealers are carrying pitchforks and torches in this thread.
I don't understand why dealers are threatened by the public knowing dealer cost. It makes the shopper more knowledgeable and able to navigate the shops that charge way too much.

Let's say for example the Tavor's lowest priced model for a dealer is a little less than $1600 and MSRP is less than $2000. Having that information would be beneficial in finding the right person to buy from.
If I walk into a shop and you the owner say "This Tavor is the one and only in the state, blablabla... the price is non-negotiable even with cash" I take a look at the pricetag and it says $2500. Hmmm, guy is trying to make $950 profit off of it. Let me check gunbroker instead. So I go to gunbroker and someone with 40000A+ is selling the same model of Tavor for $1850 with $30 shipping.

The dealers need a profit, but with an absurd profit compared to a reasonable profit, I'll choose to buy from the guy who isn't loading me full of BS and jacking the price sky high.

My .02, take it or leave it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't understand why dealers are threatened by the public knowing dealer cost. It makes the shopper more knowledgeable and able to navigate the shops that charge way too much.

Let's say for example the Tavor's lowest priced model for a dealer is a little less than $1600 and MSRP is less than $2000. Having that information would be beneficial in finding the right person to buy from.
If I walk into a shop and you the owner say "This Tavor is the one and only in the state, blablabla... the price is non-negotiable even with cash" I take a look at the pricetag and it says $2500. Hmmm, guy is trying to make $950 profit off of it. Let me check gunbroker instead. So I go to gunbroker and someone with 40000A+ is selling the same model of Tavor for $1850 with $30 shipping.

The dealers need a profit, but with an absurd profit compared to a reasonable profit, I'll choose to buy from the guy who isn't loading me full of BS and jacking the price sky high.

Not many industries where the customers know the actual cost of a item. There has been a big swing in the last 5-10 years of people feeling entitled. Apparently it is ok for some and not others.

I
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not many industries where the customers know the actual cost of a item. There has been a big swing in the last 5-10 years of people feeling entitled. Apparently it is ok for some and not others.

I

This isn't just the firearms industry, nor is it due to "a feeling of entitlement".
This is due to the Internet.
You can find dealer/retailer cost on virtually any consumer product if you look for it on the internet.
Consumers of 2012 are not consumers of 2002. The ability to procure any information at the click of a button spawned this, not "a feeling of entitlement".

The ways of the old-school small gunshop have to evolve or the internet retailers and big box stores will push them out. There aren't enough loyal customers to keep the small local gunshop in business. The internet is responsible for this, place blame where it lies.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#32]
The blame lies mostly on hobby FFL's that don't really care about the industry and give buddy deals to everybody to support their personal hobby.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:24:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The blame lies mostly on hobby FFL's that don't really care about the industry and give buddy deals to everybody to support their personal hobby.

No the real culprits are discount stores that don't really care about the industry.

No the real culprits are gun shows that don't really care about the industry.

No the real culprits are internet vendors with no retail space that don't really care about the industry.

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

Pick the person to blame for your failing business practices and not being able to rob people anymore, except for your self of course.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You resent price-savvy consumers & are in favor of price-fixing.  Got it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said nothing of the sort. Having a dealer break the agreements they made with wholesalers and manufacturers is not he same as savvy customers.

I spent several years workin for a 50 year old local gun shop that have outlived everyone around them. They do really do the online thing or do big sales and they will probably be around as long as there is family to run it.

I really didn't mean to sidetrack the thread as I love shot show threads. Guns have been my life for the last ten years and I love them
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said nothing of the sort. Having a dealer break the agreements they made with wholesalers and manufacturers is not he same as savvy customers.

I spent several years workin for a 50 year old local gun shop that have outlived everyone around them. They do really do the online thing or do big sales and they will probably be around as long as there is family to run it.

I really didn't mean to sidetrack the thread as I love shot show threads. Guns have been my life for the last ten years and I love them

That being the case, I'm sure you are aware that the days of the home-brew FFL's are essentially over.  ATF regs require brick-&-mortar business addresses that are independent of the biz owner's personal/home address.  Those small "bargain basement" FFL operators will have a hard time paying the lease & all the other attendant bills now that they can't operate out of their home any more.

Frankly, I shake my head every time I read/hear someone talk about $1500 as a price point for a new-gen gun.  That's pot smoke-filled fantasy.  The days of sub-$2K retail prices for fresh design firearms are over.  Anything coming down the contemporary pipeline is going to command a ~$2K price point - or more.  That new ARX-160 (everyone thinks Beretta is going to release) would probably cost even more.  I see it no differently with the TAVOR.  For that matter, the rumored $1999 is actually pretty damn low; less than that would be a steal.  Consequentially, consumers are simply "pushing back" to find the lowest prices that they can.  That's just market economics at work.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#37]
That being the case, I'm sure you are aware that the days of the home-brew FFL's are essentially over. ATF regs require brick-&-mortar business addresses that are independent of the biz owner's personal/home address. Those small "bargain basement" FFL operators will have a hard time paying the lease & all the other attendant bills now that they can't operate out of their home any more.

I keep hearing this, yet still see tons of folks getting FFLs out of their home. Two guys I am quite close to just got theirs, with no brick and mortar location, and had no issues doing so.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That being the case, I'm sure you are aware that the days of the home-brew FFL's are essentially over. ATF regs require brick-&-mortar business addresses that are independent of the biz owner's personal/home address. Those small "bargain basement" FFL operators will have a hard time paying the lease & all the other attendant bills now that they can't operate out of their home any more.

I keep hearing this, yet still see tons of folks getting FFLs out of their home. Two guys I am quite close to just got theirs, with no brick and mortar location, and had no issues doing so.

Me too. I know that some towns and counties make it pretty tough but know there are still thousands of kitchen table dealers popping up all the time
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 5:20:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. I know that some towns and counties make it pretty tough but know there are still thousands of kitchen table dealers popping up all the time

Its a little more difficult but not impossible to get an FFL out of your home. As long as you can rezone your home as a business you can do it. Some states and counties do not allow this, more rural places do. All you need is a seperate area with its own door to the outside for customers, and definate hours of operation. Or you can operate as an online business, which seems to a growing trend. It is tougher for mom and pop gun shops to operate these days, but that is just how the business is changing. Look at how the internet and large chain stores have made small businesses in other industries disappear.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 5:23:36 AM EDT
[#40]
At $1500 the Tavor is a no brainer.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That is dealer cost, it should be in the $1800-$1900 range after the initial rush dies down.

Link Posted: 11/26/2012 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a little more difficult but not impossible to get an FFL out of your home. As long as you can rezone your home as a business you can do it. Some states and counties do not allow this, more rural places do. All you need is a seperate area with its own door to the outside for customers, and definate hours of operation. Or you can operate as an online business, which seems to a growing trend. It is tougher for mom and pop gun shops to operate these days, but that is just how the business is changing. Look at how the internet and large chain stores have made small businesses in other industries disappear.

Have seen several that are not set up that way.
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is dealer cost, it should be in the $1800-$1900 range after the initial rush dies down.

It is yet to be seen if that dealer cost even holds. It is all speculation until the the guns ship.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It is yet to be seen if that dealer cost even holds. It is all speculation until the the guns ship.

Recently aquired FFLs?

Everything is speculation until they hit the retailers!

Link Posted: 11/27/2012 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Recently aquired FFLs?

Yes, recently acquired. As I said earlier, I know a coupl eof guys quite well who just got FFLs without any sort of storefront, no separate entrance, nothing. In their house.
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Recently aquired FFLs?

Yes, recently acquired. As I said earlier, I know a coupl eof guys quite well who just got FFLs without any sort of storefront, no separate entrance, nothing. In their house.

It may be the FFL type, I was and still am looking into a Type 7/02 to develop some ideas I have. And in that case you need to jump through all kinds of hoops!
Link Posted: 11/27/2012 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Recently aquired FFLs?

It may be the FFL type, I was and still am looking into a Type 7/02 to develop some ideas I have. And in that case you need to jump through all kinds of hoops!

What is a 07/02 i can never remember all the numbers? I know a guy that just did a NFA manufacturer out of his house in a residential neighborhood
Link Posted: 11/28/2012 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep hearing this, yet still see tons of folks getting FFLs out of their home, Two guys I am quite close to just got theirs, with no brick and mortar location, and had no issues doing so.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Recently aquired FFLs?

What is a 07/02 i can never remember all the numbers? I know a guy that just did a NFA manufacturer out of his house in a residential neighborhood

07/02 is an NFA manufacturer, he could do that if he was able to get his county to rezone his house as commercialbut the ATF still has rules about operating hours and such. . I guess each ATF branch office makes up their own rules
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top