Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 9:52:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Walmat demands low prices from its suppliers. So yes things do get changed to accomodate the low price. But it won't be on safety or quality,it will be features/trim. No firearms manufacturer is going to cheap the gun and risk a lawsuit.
If it suits your need just but it
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh no, Wal-mart sells nothing but knock offs.

The vast knowledge of ARFCOM has consistent confirmed this as fact.  I will never buy a firearm from walmart.

That WAS sarcasm, right?

A joke, even?

Was on my end... I don't care if a gun comes from wal-mart... I buy the gun for the manufactorers word, not theirs... If walmart happens to have what I want, I dont think twice about buying it there after I have held my product.

Yours was pretty obvious.

Completely agree, BTW. I'd buy there if they had what I wanted at a decent price.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 5:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Original question...same guns. If the price is close, I always choose to spend my money with the LGS.  I prefer to support the smaller guy if possible.  When Walmart gets back to selling made in the USA, they may get some of my business.  I too own a small business and understand capitalism and monopolies. When the price difference is vast...cheapest will probably get my money.

All the chains sell comparable amounts of foreign products.

Wal-Mart is hardly unique in this, although they bear more that their share of the fire for it, IMO.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The selection does tend to suck.

I have purchased lots of ammo, a 10/22, and an airgun from Wally World.

One near my hometown won't even sell slingshots, let alone firearms, due to pressure from the mayor. Not cool. I remember when they were pressured to stop selling handguns because a few employees fucked up and it made it a national news fiasco.

The scopes/accessories do tend to be on the very low end with a few chinese knockoff products here and there.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
On the various gun forums several Walmart sporting goods department managers have posted answers to where Walmart gets it's guns.

The local Walmart orders it's guns from the same big gun distributors the local gun shop does.  The local store buys from distributors like Zander's and Eliot Brothers just like Billy Bob's Guns And Booze.

Walmart does not sell "factory second" guns, Walmart does not have special lower quality guns made for them.

Walmart Corporate does occasional have a special model of gun made for the company.  These limited model guns are ordered by Walmart home office and are shipped to the stores.
These guns are special models made so Walmart can offer a special gun.  These are not lower quality.
As example a few years ago they sold a Ruger 10/22 with a stainless 20" barrel and a gray laminated stock, and a Sam Waldon Commemorative shotgun.

Bottom line, Walmart buys the same guns from the same distributors as any other gun dealer and doesn't sell substandard or "seconds" guns.

My Mossberg 500 turkey gun had a big red SECOND  stamped on the box, It came from Walmart
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My Mossberg 500 turkey gun had a big red SECOND  stamped on the box, It came from Walmart

So what made it a "second"?
(unless someone else bought the other 500 box marked FIRST )

I've transferred 4,000 firearms in the last four years and have yet to see a box marked "second" that came straight from the factory/distributor.
I have seen AR lowers sold as blemished and old stock being liquidated by CDNN, but have never seen a "second".
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what made it a "second"?
(unless someone else bought the other 500 box marked FIRST )

I've transferred 4,000 firearms in the last four years and have yet to see a box marked "second" that came straight from the factory/distributor.
I have seen AR lowers sold as blemished and old stock being liquidated by CDNN, but have never seen a "second".

I couldn't tell, I asked about it at the time and the guy said they were all like that(mossberg 500). this was about 1996-1998
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top