Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 8:17:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My factory SBR just cleared the ATF. I need to go pick it up from my dealer ASAP!
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
How long was the wait time?
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Unfortunately in the EU the barrel is a regulated item. Given the current state of EU gun laws, getting a barrel is near impossible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:
Originally Posted By cyclone:
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
We need to find away to get a hold of this barrel.

For years Ive been trying to locate even the mil-spec muzzle device so i may knock the barrel length back to 16" overall.
I'd love to have that barrel as well
Unfortunately in the EU the barrel is a regulated item. Given the current state of EU gun laws, getting a barrel is near impossible.
Shame Beretta doesn’t make a few over here...... I’d buy one
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 2:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#4]
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
SBR kits for ARX-100 available on Beretta USA's website.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us//arx100-10-25-in-barrel-kit-barrel-kit/jxc111/?ItemNotifyId=265267
View Quote
Interesting. That is somewhat new- seems more positive for the gun to be continued.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw them listed on the site for the first time in a long time the other day but they were OOS.

I'd totally get one if I didn't have one from the initial batch.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 9:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#7]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
I saw them listed on the site for the first time in a long time the other day but they were OOS.

I'd totally get one if I didn't have one from the initial batch.
View Quote
I'd get one but I'm too much of a newb when it comes to anything NFA.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 6:39:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer] [#8]
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#10]
The only NFA thing I will do is a suppressor...
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By coctailer:
It seems daunting at first, but once you do the first one, you will see how easy it is. :-)
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coctailer:
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

I'd get one but I'm too much of a newb when it comes to anything NFA.
It seems daunting at first, but once you do the first one, you will see how easy it is. :-)
Don't tempt me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Botach dropped the price of their barrels too.

https://www.botach.com/beretta-arx100-replacement-10-barrels/
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:
How long was the wait time?
View Quote
A little over 200 days from the time the check was cashed to approval.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn do i get the barrel kit or pay the extra 300 and get a parts kit with a spare lower, bolt, and buttstock and mags...
Decisions. I feel like the spare parts make it worthwhile.
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Even if you don’t want the spares, at these prices, get the complete kit and sell whatever you don’t want. I did and along with selling the stock 16” barrel broke even. So I’m into my SBR for only the $799 plus tax that I paid from Academy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By JsbsMarine:
Damn do i get the barrel kit or pay the extra 300 and get a parts kit with a spare lower, bolt, and buttstock and mags...
Decisions. I feel like the spare parts make it worthwhile.
View Quote
That’s my problem too. I’m leaning towards getting the entire kit. I just hate to add more charges to my CC than I absolutely have to.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#17]
The bolt carrier alone is $363 from Brownells. The folding stock assembly is $79 if you ever break yours.

It's worth it for the extra $300. If they really are discontinued, spare parts are going to command a premium.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:18:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnightofTheOldeCode] [#18]
Does anybody know if the parts kit comes with the original heavy single stage trigger or if it comes with the new 2 stage trigger?
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By KnightofTheOldeCode:
Does anybody know if the parts kit comes with the original heavy single stage trigger or if it comes with the new 2 stage trigger?
View Quote
Those parts kits have been around for a while....I was one of the first ones to report the 2-stage trigger...and my gun is a 2018 build.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Been following this thread for a while now.  My local Academy has 2 in stock and they said they have not received any new shipments in over a year.  If they are really discontinued I feel like I should go pick it up...

Problem is I just blew a stack of cash on one of those Israeli FALs from DSA.  Sigh.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 10:24:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#21]
Originally Posted By SATAC:
Been following this thread for a while now.  My local Academy has 2 in stock and they said they have not received any new shipments in over a year.  If they are really discontinued I feel like I should go pick it up...

Problem is I just blew a stack of cash on one of those Israeli FALs from DSA.  Sigh.
View Quote
If they are selling them for their low discounted price I would buy both of them regardless if they are discontinued or not.

Washington state doesn't have any Academy stores and I am not happy about it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By SATAC:

View Quote
That is what you have an emergency credit card for. I would buy both. One for shooting and one for spare parts or to sell if the resale value spikes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:34:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jh1990] [#23]
So who has the best price on these other than Academy?

Damn these things are OOS almost everywhere
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jh1990:
So who has the best price on these other than Academy?

Damn these things are OOS almost everywhere
View Quote
You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I can confirm my factory SBR does not have the two stage trigger, but the trigger it does have isn't bad. It's heavy, but it has a clean break and nice reset for a plastic military-grade trigger.

Also, can anyone else confirm the BHO being hard to engage initially? I have to crank back on the charging handle/bolt to get it all the way to the rear to allow the BHO to engage, and when it does, it doesn't appear to be very sturdy. But then again I'm used to a AR15 BHO and this does appear different.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#26]
To add to the above: and an extremely small amount of take up. I’d describe it as tiny take up, then wall, then harder press for break. I had both the earlier trigger, single stage, and the newer two stage which just has more take up, and I prefer the early one.

Yes, pull bolt to rear, at the rear pull a little harder to overcome the additional resistance, and engage bolt lock.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mdavis:
I can confirm my factory SBR does not have the two stage trigger, but the trigger it does have isn't bad. It's heavy, but it has a clean break and nice reset for a plastic military-grade trigger.

Also, can anyone else confirm the BHO being hard to engage initially? I have to crank back on the charging handle/bolt to get it all the way to the rear to allow the BHO to engage, and when it does, it doesn't appear to be very sturdy. But then again I'm used to a AR15 BHO and this does appear different.
View Quote
My pre 2-stage guns were hard to engage BHO...post 2 stage trigger variants...much easier...I think they loosen the tolerances a bit too...because I can use the bottom mag release as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
When pulling the bolt carrier group to the rear you are of course having to compress the recoil spring, but that last 1/4 of an inch or so you are also having to compress the ejector spring as it contacts the ejection switch plate.

Don't rely on the bolt catch alone when removing the barrel either. Either remove the BCG first or lock it with the charging handle pushed into the receiver facing the barrel. You don't want to accidentally send the BCG flying forward with no barrel extension to take the impact.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
Just sit there while watching tv, moving the parts over and over again and they'll break in fine. Mine were a bit gritty from factory (as was APX) but just fiddling with it over and over smoothed it all out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 3:58:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Just to bump the thread..
A short clip released by the Italian Carabinieri with the issued ARX in the field.

http://www.milanotoday.it/video/sparatoria-spaccio-arresti-ex-snia.html?jwsource=cl
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Local dealer in Wichita still has a few for $900.
Looks like a Sig RDS on those the carabinieri are using?
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Uys:
View Quote
You might want to actually name the dealer.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Was picking up ammo at the Knoxville TN acadamy and they had one on on the shelf marked 879, was 799 at checkout so I picked one up.  Said they had two more (I seen one more box plus the display model) but they arent listed online.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 5:56:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Uys:
View Quote
Sorry, thought I typed it before I got fixated on the short ARX's in the video:  Ryker Arms.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#35]
For those who are interested, Beretta has the 10 inch SBR kit on sale on their website for $575 and it’s showing as in stock.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Just found a cool pix of the ARX200.. didn’t even know it was being field tested by the IT Army.
Pic taken during “Arctic Hare” exercise that just ended.

https://www.armietiro.it/articoli/image/10946/2/F
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Frens:
Just found a cool pix of the ARX200.. didn’t even know it was being field tested by the IT Army.
Pic taken during “Arctic Hare” exercise that just ended.

https://www.armietiro.it/articoli/image/10946/2/F
View Quote
Needs more commercial variant.
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#38]
ARX200 is seeing adoption by some units worldwide actually...
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By janosk3:
For those who are interested, Beretta has the 10 inch SBR kit on sale on their website for $575 and it’s showing as in stock.
View Quote
I’m thinking about picking up one of these barrels and making my rifle an SBR.  Where do you engrave the receiver after you SBR it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#40]
sure would love to see the 7.62X39 conversion.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:
View Quote
I’ve seen pictures of them, I WANT one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote
Never gonna happen. Unless we get demilled parts down the road....
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 8:47:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#43]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:
The magazine housing is part of the lower receiver. While not serialized, any 7.62x39 lower would have a full auto trigger assembly, something ATF frowns upon. So anyone importing these, demil or otherwise, would have to remove, modify or replace the components offshore. Under current regs, it would have to have a US made barrel as well. So the best we could hope for would be a gutted lower, a bolt, and a cut barrel.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#44]
We can't even get a 300 AAC barrel for these - Which I would think  for Beretta would be a very easy consideration for an accessory - It might have even boost enthusiasm for the platform.

The platform won't necessarily die as there is a military contract - but Beretta isn't going out of its way to build enthusiasm for it with accessories.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:

I’m thinking about picking up one of these barrels and making my rifle an SBR.  Where do you engrave the receiver after you SBR it?
View Quote
I engraved mine under the lip towards the front of the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote
I'm just going to engrave the barrel so I can swap between NFA and normal.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:

I'm just going to engrave the barrel so I can swap between NFA and normal.
View Quote
Does it matter if the engraving is visible without taking the barrel out?
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Has to be visible...
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. For firearms manufactured or imported on and after January 30, 2002, the engraving, casting, or stamping (impressing) of this information must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch.
Generally everyone agrees that "conspicuously" means it's gotta be visible, though the placement of the word in the law really seems to apply more to how ("engraving") vs where or final effectiveness. Either way, gotta be visible.

Of note also, there is no size requirement, just a depth requirement.

Looking at it again, there might not be enough room, since the gas block is there, but unless Beretta has a good sale I'm not buying it anyway.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:12:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#50]
Originally Posted By NightOwl:

Generally everyone agrees that "conspicuously" means it's gotta be visible, though the placement of the word in the law really seems to apply more to how ("engraving") vs where or final effectiveness. Either way, gotta be visible.

Of note also, there is no size requirement, just a depth requirement.

Looking at it again, there might not be enough room, since the gas block is there, but unless Beretta has a good sale I'm not buying it anyway.
View Quote
For big holidays they usually have 20-25% off sales.

I didn't engrave mine on the barrel because there isn't a ton of space on it.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top