[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Trpclfvr:
Faux over barrel suppressor?
View Quote
Oui.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
SO what gives?  Is it being discontinued, discontinued with a super secret updated model replacing it, or all BS?  Seems I'm seeing the opposite of so called discontinued.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 3:28:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#4]
Originally Posted By India303:
SO what gives?  Is it being discontinued, discontinued with a super secret updated model replacing it, or all BS?  Seems I'm seeing the opposite of so called discontinued.  
View Quote

Still in production, per CS reply posted on page 79.

Disregard.  Can't seem to get the straight truth on this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#6]
NRA convention Beretta booth ARX update from KnightofTheOldeCode.

"I observed there weren't ARX-100's on display again this year. I had a conversion with the gentleman seemingly running the Beretta Exhibit and then another Beretta rep when I walked back through later to confirm. Both men stated with 100% certainty that the AR-100 is Discontinued for civilian sales. They said that Beretta USA would do limited runs of the ARX-100 going forward but only to fill Law Enforcement orders. The reason given was the ARX wasn't selling close to it's original MSRP and as a result wasn't profitable for them.

He said that Beretta is also not pursuing marketing their own AR-15 Variant, that the company looked at it and then decided to pass. He did claim that Beretta would be producing the .308 ARX-200 for the US private market, for whats that's worth. Hope that info is helpful."
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 12:34:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

"I observed there weren't ARX-100's on display again this year. I had a conversion with the gentleman seemingly running the Beretta Exhibit and then another Beretta rep when I walked back through later to confirm. Both men stated with 100% certainty that the AR-100 is Discontinued for civilian sales. They said that Beretta USA would do limited runs of the ARX-100 going forward but only to fill Law Enforcement orders. The reason given was the ARX wasn't selling close to it's original MSRP and as a result wasn't profitable for them.

He said that Beretta is also not pursuing marketing their own AR-15 Variant, that the company looked at it and then decided to pass. He did claim that Beretta would be producing the .308 ARX-200 for the US private market, for whats that's worth. Hope that info is helpful."
View Quote
Makes sense. If Beretta really doesn't make any money off of $800 ARXs then yeah, theyre better off putting their money elsewhere. A simple business decision. An ARX-200 might sell for SCAR-17 prices but an ARX-100 is not going to sell at SCAR-16 prices.

Good move on passing on an AR. That would be the most mind-numbing decision of all.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
Well I'm glad I got mine while I could.  I only shoot one of them but have a couple of spares which may come in handy should I ever need parts.  Was going to SBR one but decided not to.  May go with a 14" pinned barrel, will look into that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
When a manufacturer doesn't display their products anymore...you know its canned...sad...but glad I got one.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By coctailer:

Pic is busted. :-(
View Quote
Darn it; sorry brother, fixed it (AND reposting it here so you don't have to go back)

Beretta ARX160
by SoloDallas, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I think the ARX is a brilliant design mechanically. The ejection port switching is very very clever.

I also think, sadly, it would have done better if it LOOKED better. A lot of people still simply just turn their noses up to it because they think it is fat and ungainly, because it looks kinda that way from the profile. Would be neat if it could be reengineered into a better looking platform, but if they're not profiting off of it, well, I don't think they'd be prone to throw more money in to R&D.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:02:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#12]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
I think the ARX is a brilliant design mechanically. The ejection port switching is very very clever.

I also think, sadly, it would have done better if it LOOKED better. A lot of people still simply just turn their noses up to it because they think it is fat and ungainly, because it looks kinda that way from the profile. Would be neat if it could be reengineered into a better looking platform, but if they're not profiting off of it, well, I don't think they'd be prone to throw more money in to R&D.
View Quote
This is true... However, I'm in love with the looks the way they are currently.

If people are judging it based on how it looks in pictures they really shouldn't, it's different in person.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah...if looks are the pure driving force behind a firearm purchase...those people need a reality check and take some freaking dang classes...vs playing GI Joe on a public range with full comms and tacticool ninja outfits...
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:49:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#14]
Originally Posted By QB:

Well I'm glad I got mine while I could.  I only shoot one of them but have a couple of spares which may come in handy should I ever need parts.  Was going to SBR one but decided not to.  May go with a 14" pinned barrel, will look into that.
View Quote
It's a worthwhile mod.

Sad to see this rifle get shelved, if that's actually the case.  200 would be a welcome edition.

ETA, at this point, an official statement would be welcome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
When a manufacturer doesn't display their products anymore...you know its canned...sad...but glad I got one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I wonder if anyone at Beretta is on the same page......... they adamantly told me it wasn’t discontinued, but tell others it is.........
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
I wonder if anyone at Beretta is on the same page......... they adamantly told me it wasn't discontinued, but tell others it is.........
View All Quotes

I wonder if anyone at Beretta is on the same page......... they adamantly told me it wasn't discontinued, but tell others it is.........
I don't understand why we waste so much time in here concerning our selves with what some gun-shop command thinks.  How many more times do we need ask Beretta and they tell us no its not going anywhere, its just issues with the new facility. This is the Italian Army battle rifle, as well as others, its not going anywhere... Lets get back to discussing the most under rated 5.56 rifle available.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ak47Dennis:
I don't understand why we waste so much time in here concerning our selves with what some gun-shop command thinks.  How many more times do we need ask Beretta and they tell us no its not going anywhere, its just issues with the new facility. This is the Italian Army battle rifle, as well as others, its not going anywhere... Lets get back to discussing the most under rated 5.56 rifle available.
View Quote
Logical, & probably true.  Now if they can get on with adding a 200 to the lineup.  It would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#19]
View All Quotes

Well, if it were gun shop commandos, it would be worth disregarding................I'd say its a legit question, which is why I asked them directly
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:29:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#20]
Here is a newer video with two ARX-160 A3s, they must be newer because they have the larger charging handles. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HPHHsoetw

No idea what the guy is saying though.

Note that there is still no roll pin in the hole under the back end of the top rail on either of the rifles.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is a newer video with two ARX-160 A3s, they must be newer because they have the larger charging handles. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6HPHHsoetw

Note that there is still no roll pin in the hole under the back end of the top rail on either of the rifles.
View Quote
I want that CH.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 10:39:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#22]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I want that CH.
View Quote
Me too, even though I have no issues with the original one.

Beretta should really just send me a couple of those larger A3 charging handles because I didn't get either of my ARX-100s for less than $1300.00.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Yep.  Dig the CH.  also the barrel looks heavier too, with a bayo lug.

There also seems to be a conical collar around the barrel near the extension.  Seems like it’s meant to mitigate some of the wear under the operating rod of the bolt carrier group that some people have reported.

Need an A3 barrel and charging handle and an extreme ratio bayonet and those vent cutouts.

Something something complete.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 1:21:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 5ardaukar:
There also seems to be a conical collar around the barrel near the extension.  Seems like it’s meant to mitigate some of the wear under the operating rod of the bolt carrier group that some people have reported.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure that's a heat sink. All of the military ARX-160 barrels seem to have them.

I guess there's no need for it on the semi only ARX-100.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
I do not subscribe to the opinion that the ARX is ugly, at all. But dam thats a fine looking rifle.

I really want that barrel & A3 upper receivers w/ cooling slots
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#26]
+1 to all the above, that new A3 is pretty slick.  I'd buy a new ARX if they offered an upgraded A3 one.  Alas.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 6:20:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#27]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
+1 to all the above, that new A3 is pretty slick.  I'd buy a new ARX if they offered an upgraded A3 one.  Alas.
View Quote
Its pretty much the same thing...minus the vent holes, buis and CH...all except the vent holes can be done to the existing ARXs easily...
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Its pretty much the same thing...minus the vent holes, buis and CH...all except the vent holes can be done to the existing ARXs easily...
View Quote
Yo!  #dremellife bruh
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Well that sucks it got discontinued. As others have said, I’m glad I got mine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:32:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#30]
Yo!  #dremellife bruh
View All Quotes

Yo!  #dremellife bruh
No, not with a dremmel.  See p.79-80.

Originally Posted By twistedcomrade:
Well that sucks it got discontinued. As others have said, I’m glad I got mine.
That hasn't been officially stated.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Are they still making these charging handles?  Could not find them or their website.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:
Are they still making these charging handles?  Could not find them or their website.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N_Parker:
No. I heard they paused because they were going to ramp up production on a new machine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I don't know if they will be discontinued or not but I love mine so much I bought another $799 when they went on sale since I think they are a steal at that price and wanted a backup.

This past week Academy Sports had a $20 off $100 purchase code and when I tried it online last Sunday it let me use the code on gift cards. So, I purchased 9 $100 gift cards for $80 each.
My Academy still had the ARX in stock for $799 so after using the coupon code and gift cards I just brought home my 3rd for the total out of pocket of $685.34. I used the rest of the gift cards for a P365 magazine and ammo.  I really didn't need it, but I now have a primary, backup and now a complete parts kit.

The guy at Academy says there is little interest in the ARX from the general browser in the store, that the people that look/purchase them go to the store specifically for them. The general gun buying public is not that informed about the ARX and its strengths and weaknesses. I wish Beretta could market them better and hope they stay in production.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#34]
A 200 would grab interest.  The semi .308 market is pretty sparse.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
WANT! Beretta plz
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By charlesb_la:
Well I don't know if they will be discontinued or not but I love mine so much I bought another $799 when they went on sale since I think they are a steal at that price and wanted a backup.

This past week Academy Sports had a $20 off $100 purchase code and when I tried it online last Sunday it let me use the code on gift cards. So, I purchased 9 $100 gift cards for $80 each.
My Academy still had the ARX in stock for $799 so after using the coupon code and gift cards I just brought home my 3rd for the total out of pocket of $685.34. I used the rest of the gift cards for a P365 magazine and ammo.  I really didn't need it, but I now have a primary, backup and now a complete parts kit.

The guy at Academy says there is little interest in the ARX from the general browser in the store, that the people that look/purchase them go to the store specifically for them. The general gun buying public is not that informed about the ARX and its strengths and weaknesses. I wish Beretta could market them better and hope they stay in production.
View Quote
I'm with ya!!!  I also have 3 ARX100s.  I paid $799 plus tax (from 2 different Cabela stores) for each of them but was happy with that price.  Getting $20 off every $100 would have been great of course!!!

I just love the ARX100.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#37]
If I could get one for 799, I would have it already. Nearest academy is too far.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm pretty sure that's a heat sink. All of the military ARX-160 barrels seem to have them.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 5ardaukar:

The barrel itself definitely appears to be a heavier profile.  "Medium" contour, perhaps.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#39]

The barrel itself definitely appears to be a heavier profile.  "Medium" contour, perhaps.
View Quote
It looks thicker up to the bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 12:29:46 AM EDT
[#40]

It looks thicker up to the bayonet lug.
View Quote
Oh, it is.  It doesn't taper fwd of the gas block like the 100 barrel does.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#41]
We need to find away to get a hold of this barrel.

For years Ive been trying to locate even the mil-spec muzzle device so i may knock the barrel length back to 16" overall.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#42]

For years Ive been trying to locate even the mil-spec muzzle device so i may knock the barrel length back to 16" overall.
View Quote
I don't think it can happen due to import laws...but I might be wrong...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Glad I picked mine up for $799 when I did if true.

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
I'd love to have that barrel as well
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#45]
So. I wonder why the ARX isn’t much hit with the covert side of government.

It breaks down to a very small package, especially in 10” config. Kind of like the Paratus rifle but cheaper and lighter.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Unfortunately in the EU the barrel is a regulated item. Given the current state of EU gun laws, getting a barrel is near impossible.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I can't help but wonder if market interest would be piqued by a 100 A3 variant offering from Beretta with the all the features.  A caliber conversion kit would also be a plus.  Come out swinging with cool stuff.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#48]
I can't help but wonder if market interest would be piqued by a 100 A3 variant offering from Beretta with the all the features.  A caliber conversion kit would also be a plus.  Come out swinging with cool stuff.
View Quote
I know it would get me to buy another one... But that's not a hard sale.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 11:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#49]
So. I wonder why the ARX isn’t much hit with the covert side of government.

It breaks down to a very small package, especially in 10” config. Kind of like the Paratus rifle but cheaper and lighter.
View Quote
Maybe it is, why would they let us know?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:29:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Well...true
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top