BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 1:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cherenkov:
[/color]

Funny - I have the same feeling.  I do like owning it.  It does have some shortcomings - so did early AR15s - I really want my Beretta selector to be smoother and yes the Bolt release is not as intuitive as AR15 (or solid feeling).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Parliament:
I just got back from a 2 day tactical shooting course where I put 650 rounds through my ARX.  Yuck.  The trigger is always bad, no surprise there.  But a little ways in, the (small amount of) burnt powder made it terrible.  Controls are still and not placed well.  Bolt release in particular.

[color=#cc0000]It's a great gun for showing off to your friends, and I'm glad I have it.  But from now on I'm practicing with my AR15.
[/color]

Funny - I have the same feeling.  I do like owning it.  It does have some shortcomings - so did early AR15s - I really want my Beretta selector to be smoother and yes the Bolt release is not as intuitive as AR15 (or solid feeling).
Your motor skills are tuned to the AR.  You either train to adapt, or you don't & stick to what you're comfortable with.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 7:48:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firecop203] [#2]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

The 7.62x39 conversion.already exists. Takes AK mags.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/mobile/Shooting/pro-zone/Beretta-ARX160-assault-rifle/?p=1
View Quote
I want one. Are they going to be available in the US? Semi-auto and US compliant of course.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Firecop203:

I want one. Are they going to be available in the US? Semi-auto and US compliant of course.  
View Quote
We can only hope at this point. Hope is all we got.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:15:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Did anyone grab a factory lower rail before they sold out again? I woke up to an email that came in just after 11 pm CT and they were already gone before 6 am CT. I guess Beretta brought over about 7 of them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:41:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherenkov] [#5]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

Your motor skills are tuned to the AR.  You either train to adapt, or you don't & stick to what you're comfortable with.
View Quote
I think my thumb is already trained to flick the safety off or on - Its just very stiff initially,  I'm sure it will wear smoother.  Agree that its not intuitive because some of that is muscle memory paradigm and some is materials.  Plastic parts can be tight fitted due to elasticity of material and by design will wear smooth. Metal will have less elasticity and once fitted, remain consistent.

I'm not a Navy SEAL. I'm a collector/ recreational shooter that likes to add various specimens to the collection.  I like the Beretta.  You are right about training and familiarity and it does build  bias - Especially with Some of us old timers have a bias of materials - In the 80s the old M14 guys would laugh at those of us using "plastic" AR15s tricked out for match shooting.  Now us "AR Guys" are snobby to other "more plastic" guns.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mdavis:
Did anyone grab a factory lower rail before they sold out again? I woke up to an email that came in just after 11 pm CT and they were already gone before 6 am CT. I guess Beretta brought over about 7 of them.
View Quote
I got the email last night while in bed, and started the purchase process.  When it asked for my credit card, I was too lazy to get out of bed and get it.  Figured I would complete the purchase this morning.  Sold out.  Back on the email notice list.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By funkeruski:
I got the email last night while in bed, and started the purchase process.  When it asked for my credit card, I was too lazy to get out of bed and get it.  Figured I would complete the purchase this morning.  Sold out.  Back on the email notice list.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By funkeruski:
My guess is they had about 10 of them. Ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
I tried to order within an hour of getting the email, and I was denied as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#9]

I think my thumb is already trained to flick the safety off or on - Its just very stiff initially,  I'm sure it will wear smoother.  Agree that its not intuitive because some of that is muscle memory paradigm and some is materials.  Plastic parts can be tight fitted due to elasticity of material and by design will wear smooth. Metal will have less elasticity and once fitted, remain consistent.
View All Quotes

Same with my APX, the ARX needed to just work the parts over and over for a while to make them smoother. The BHO/magrelease bottom button was much improved by some continuous pushing while watching TV. Same with the safety.

I'm not a Navy SEAL. I'm a collector/ recreational shooter that likes to add various specimens to the collection.  I like the Beretta.  You are right about training and familiarity and it does build  bias - Especially with Some of us old timers have a bias of materials - In the 80s the old M14 guys would laugh at those of us using "plastic" AR15s tricked out for match shooting.  Now us "AR Guys" are snobby to other "more plastic" guns.
I certainly wouldn't butt stroke someone with an ARX, or an AR15 even! That's what M1 Garands are FOR!
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Still looking for a suitable clamp on bayonet lug -( in case I don't SBR and cut the rifle length barrel).

DPMS made a clamp on bayonet lug years ago for AR Pencil profile barrels that may have been suitable or close -they seemed to have discontinued and dried up in the market.

I suppose I could chop up, shim a .625 front sight gas block and tac on some how -  but not sure want to go through the effort.

Has anyone mounted a bayonet lug?  If so what did you use?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Well...I have came back to this platform...keep coming back...going to keep the one I have now...maybe pick up another...it is one of my favorite 5.56 rifles...wish people would give it a honest try and keep this platform alive.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I have to agree. Was shooting mine today. Lightweight,utterly reliable, affordable. I got several. One pending a Form 1. Not ready to dump my ARs but I really enjoy this rifle.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:56:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I can't give up my LMTs for the ARX...but it is one of my favorite non AR designs...ordered some crucial spare parts just in case and maybe pick up another one soon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Question.

Did Beretta change the trigger to a 2-stage?

I’ve had two ARXs before this 2018 build but this ARX’s trigger has a 2-stage like take up vs the insane heavy single stage to the two prior ARXs I’ve owned.

It has all factory components and they have not been modded.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#15]
So are these discontinued or still in production? Since Academy has them for 799 locally I'm thinking about grabbing one...
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 10:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By thehun06:
Question.

Did Beretta change the trigger to a 2-stage?

I’ve had two ARXs before this 2018 build but this ARX’s trigger has a 2-stage like take up vs the insane heavy single stage to the two prior ARXs I’ve owned.

It has all factory components and they have not been modded.
View Quote
I have one of the newer ones and it most definitely has a two stage feel to it. Can’t speak to the earlier triggers since mine is the only ARX I’ve shot.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By storminnorman:
So are these discontinued or still in production? Since Academy has them for 799 locally I'm thinking about grabbing one...
View Quote
Still in production. Grab one. For $800 they are a steal. Just know you'll probably want to add a few things to it.

I have 2.... one of the best value guns I've purchased in a long time,
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Equator:

I have one of the newer ones and it most definitely has a two stage feel to it. Can’t speak to the earlier triggers since mine is the only ARX I’ve shot.
View Quote
While it is not a Geissele 2-stage...it is more on par with a BREN actually but the second stage breaks at about 6lbs according to my feel...first stage is about 3lb...but it’s def 2-stage.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#19]
So what serial number range are these guns with the new 2 stage trigger? Anyone have any idea when that started?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:40:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#20]
No idea. I know when I ran my serial number it was built in 2018 (kind of funny, some of the polymer parts are date stamped back to 2014/2015/2016/2017 on the gun)

My two previous ARXs were 2015 and 2016 builds (those I do not have anymore).

Another thing I've noticed is that I can turn my gas knob with my hand vs having to use a bullet tip...still engages positively and all...but I don't have to monkey around with a bullet tip...and I don't have to smack the charging handle to get it back into normal position after a field strip...it just gets back into its position without palming the handle...I just have to press it in.

Maybe I dont know...the 2018 guns have some unannounced improvements/adjustments.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#21]
No idea. I know when I ran my serial number it was built in 2018 (kind of funny, some of the polymer parts are date stamped back to 2014/2015/2016/2017 on the gun)

My two previous ARXs were 2015 and 2016 builds (those I do not have anymore).

Another thing I've noticed is that I can turn my gas knob with my hand vs having to use a bullet tip...still engages positively and all...but I don't have to monkey around with a bullet tip...and I don't have to smack the charging handle to get it back into normal position after a field strip...it just gets back into its position without palming the handle...I just have to press it in.

Maybe I dont know...the 2018 guns have some unannounced improvements/adjustments.
View Quote
Well ok...what's YOUR SN (minus the last couple of digits)?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 4:19:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#22]
From Beretta's Portal:

Serial Number: SX12XXX
Model: JXR11B00
Product Description: ARX100 5.56 16"BBL 30RD
Approximate Manufacture Date: 2018
Parts Listing: Parts
Owners Manual: Manual
Product Brochure or Literature: Brochure
Choke System: NOT APPLICABLE
Barrel: UD8A0XXX

You can check your serial number here: http://www.berettasupport.com/applications/tech_data/schematics_search_new.htm
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't mind buying a lower with the trigger update, but without knowing what lower lot/batch it was initiated, it's luck of the draw.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got the email that more lower Pic rails are in stock.  Have at it, boys!
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 6:56:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#25]
I wouldn't mind buying a lower with the trigger update, but without knowing what lower lot/batch it was initiated, it's luck of the draw.
View Quote
I bought mine less than a year ago and it was in the 7000 range. Unless mine was VERY old stock, I'm pretty sure there was a huge jump in the SN range. I think its safe to say that anything in the 12000 range will have the newer trigger.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#26]
From Beretta's Portal:

Serial Number: SX12XXX
Model: JXR11B00
Product Description: ARX100 5.56 16"BBL 30RD
Approximate Manufacture Date: 2018
Barrel: UD8A0XXX

You can check your serial number here: http://www.berettasupport.com/applications/tech_data/schematics_search_new.htm
View Quote
That's really weird, because I have SX13XXX and it said 2017.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
View All Quotes

They are back in stock and lasted more than a few hours overnight. I just snagged mine.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MiG-21:

That's really weird, because I have SX13XXX and it said 2017.
View Quote
Mine is SX075xx and is 2017 manufacture.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Maybe that huge serial number jump is because of the extra demand on the rifle at the new under $1000 price at retail stores. I mean that is a good thing for the platform. Maybe Beretta is changing its pricing strategy to get a more foot hold in the market right now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:18:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firecop203] [#30]
Mine is SX04***

Model: JXR11B00LE
Product Description: ARX100 5.56 16"BBL 2-30RD LE
Approximate Manufacture Date: 2014
Barrel: UD8A0396 - BBL ASSY 5.56 16 IN. CHROME ARX
Stock: Call Beretta
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#31]
I bought mine less than a year ago and it was in the 7000 range. Unless mine was VERY old stock, I'm pretty sure there was a huge jump in the SN range. I think its safe to say that anything in the 12000 range will have the newer trigger.
View All Quotes
I've already got 2 complete SBRs.  It's a replacement lower that im interested in.  Guess Brownels might have them in ~2 more yrs or something.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 11:41:50 PM EDT
[#32]

I've already got 2 complete SBRs.  It's a replacement lower that im interested in.  Guess Brownels might have the in ~2 more yrs or something.
View Quote
I'll go halfsies on this with you
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#33]

I'll go halfsies on this with you
View Quote
10" Barrels are $899 and complete SBR 10" barrel kit is $849.  Complete new rifle is $799.

Seems like pricing is less than ideal for those wanting an SBR barrel or spare parts - its more cost effective to turn down a rifle or buy a rifle for spare parts than a parts kit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#34]
.... its more cost effective to turn down a rifle or buy a rifle for spare parts than a parts kit.
View Quote
This exactly what I ended up doing...
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:55:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I am toying around with the idea of chopping my ARX100 to 12.75" and use a HK G28 flash hider or 13.7" with a BE Meyers 249F
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:53:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: thehun06] [#36]
Received some of my spare parts order for the ARX...interesting observations on two parts:

Trigger: the polymer trigger has a metal inlay..I figured this would have been polymer just like all other parts...my magnet however does not detect the metal (you can clearly see it is metal in the middle)

Hammer: the one I received is labeled: Hammer Rework ARX100...it appears...Beretta has reworked/improved parts on the platform...which backs up that the 2-stage triggers some of us have is part of an update...that were unannounced.

So...when the ARX was first released...Beretta informed us that the barrel trunnion area is infused metal with polymer...having seen that the factory trigger is indeed that...I have no problems believing that the barrel trunnion area is in fact reinforced with metal (not just the barrel lock). I know one user said he did not believe that the ARX had that feature (because his magnet didn't detect metal either) and it spread like wildfire discrediting the platform...

Anyways...I have some other spare parts coming in...I'll update if there is anything else...I mostly ordered springs, firing pins, and major lower receiver parts. I will get a spare set of extractor.ejector combos once more funds allow. I am not getting a spare barrel or bolt carrier as they are very stoutly built. I highly doubt I will ever need to use these spare parts anyway...but better have them just in case.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Acadamy sports for 799.00. I gave in and bought one today. I had to due to buying the lower rail and charging handle upgrade last night. Beretta had both in stock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sjoerdvan:
Acadamy sports for 799.00. I gave in and bought one today. I had to due to buying the lower rail and charging handle upgrade last night. Beretta had both in stock.
View Quote
Please let us know what your serial # is and if you have the 2 stage trigger or not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sjoerdvan] [#39]
@E4W   SX11xxxx 2018 manufacturing date.  Trigger has some slack and definitely hits a trigger wall before it breaks. 2 stage for sure.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vellnueve] [#40]
The non magnetic parts are probably aluminum or an alloy of such, I would imagine. Steel is unnecessary for those areas.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sjoerdvan:
@E4W   SX11xxxx 2018 manufacturing date.  Trigger has some slack and definitely hits a trigger wall before it breaks. 2 stage for sure.
View Quote
Good to hear. Glad Beretta is improving the trigger on this. I might pick up another ARX100 at these prices.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
The non magnetic parts are probably aluminum or an alloy of such, I would imagine. Steel is unnecessary for those areas.
View Quote
Could be....but it appears there is metal in places where it needs metal reinforcements in the polymer...which is great to know.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Is the gas selector in the N position at 12/6 position as in picture  or 3/9 position? Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Just noticed the notch on the selector.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I am toying around with the idea of chopping my ARX100 to 12.75" and use a HK G28 flash hider or 13.7" with a BE Meyers 249F
View Quote
I kind of like this idea - I need to see some sort of pic to inspire this idea or just keep going down the SBR path.

Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#46]
It will be a bit before I do the chop but I read the normal gs settings work down to 12.5” so 12.75” on should be ok.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I kind of like this idea - I need to see some sort of pic to inspire this idea or just keep going down the SBR path.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132327/4376000-hmm-interesting.jpg
View All Quotes

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/132327/4376000-hmm-interesting.jpg
Please post pics if either of you do. I've thought about it myself.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

I just ordered 2 ea. of the rail & CH extension today, so they're restocking them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#49]
I just ordered 2 ea. of the rail & CH extension today, so they're restocking them.
View All Quotes

Email from Beretta today, saying my bottom rail has been shipped and is on the way.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:35:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I have a couple questions about this rifle. Is the stock removable? Second, are there metal or aluminum inserts in the upper for the bcg to slide along?
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top