Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 124
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:16:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Sorry but I'm late to the game. Academy near me has the ARX-100 on sale for $879. Is that a decent price and are there any known issues with these rifles? I may pick it up just for something different. Have plenty of AR's and other toys. This would be a range toy/truck gun after it's been vetted.
View Quote
Other than the very heavy but crisp trigger there really haven't been any recalls or systematic issues noted with it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By cms81586:
Sorry but I'm late to the game. Academy near me has the ARX-100 on sale for $879. Is that a decent price and are there any known issues with these rifles? I may pick it up just for something different. Have plenty of AR's and other toys. This would be a range toy/truck gun after it's been vetted.
View Quote
It's a great rifle and that's a steal of a price.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

It's a great rifle and that's a steal of a price.
View Quote
Wonder if all Academy Sports have these?
I've seen the pos 22lr copy there, but not the ARX 100.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nsl:

Wonder if all Academy Sports have these?
I've seen the pos 22lr copy there, but not the ARX 100.
View Quote
Not sure. I'll head back over there in a few days to see if they'll do layaway. I'm not tossing it on the credit card but will pick one up if possible. It was definitely the 5.56 though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 7:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556NAT0] [#5]
edited out
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Love the shooting sight trigger, but damn I forgot how gassy this gun is suppressed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
Damn you, you've got the now-impossible-to-locate 10.25" barrel.

Art's getting the new trigger spring off to me. I'll post updates how it does once I get it in. Also! I managed to find out what the factory BUIS are on the military ARX-160A3: LPA MAS7s. Tough to find a vendor over here but Fusion Firearms has a few sets for sale, so I think I'm going to pick those up instead of Troy micros since they're only a few dollars more and give them a try.
View Quote
You'd gotta post a review on those sights when you get them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

View Quote
agreed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#9]
agreed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

agreed.
Will do.

Fusion mailed them this afternoon so I should have them by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Any chance the Shootingsight trigger might by on sale for Fathers Day, Art?

I missed out on the last sale.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 6:19:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#11]
Got the new trigger spring in, thanks @ShootingSight for the quick replacement!

I'd like to revise my comments earlier where I said it was almost Geissele nice but not quite Geissele nice. Those were based on using a trigger spring that had the option of either being installed incorrectly or being partially walked out upon use. With the new spring...

I'm now in full agreement, this is up there with the Geissele SSF I've got in my Colt 901 as far as level of "feelsgoodman." I LOVE it. Money well spent.

Thanks Art for the good customer service.

LPA MAS7s should be here tomorrow and I'll see what those are like.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I test cycled my SS trigger a few dozen times with the original spring and it didn't go anywhere. Going to try it before replacing it, just because I'm afraid I'll mar the inside of the grip frame more too lazy to take it apart again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Great news,
best of luck and keep us in the loop!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlaDevmeister:

So I spoke with Beretta customer service yesterday, after a 20 minute hold time. But the rep I spoke with seemed very friendly and he sent me an e-mail containing a UPS label to ship the rifle back so a gunsmith can properly diagnose the problem. So it looks like I'll be searching for a box and getting this rifle in the mail over the next few days and we'll see what happens. Wish me luck!
Great news,
best of luck and keep us in the loop!
So I picked my rifle up from the UPS center on my lunch break today. Weird that Beretta sends a UPS driver to your location and picks the shipment up from there. Not thrilled about leaving a box on my doorstep when I went to work for the driver to pick up but I suppose this is how they do it.

When I got my package, I opened the box to find my rifle in the same ARX soft case that comes with the rifle, despite the fact that I used the one that came with mine to ship it. Also, I noticed the case they sent with it looked rather worn, like it was someone else's case they'd clunked around their house and shipped the rifle back with. Anyways, it looks as though I got a free soft case that I won't be using (I keep all my heaters in a couple safes I have).

There was a note that explained what action was taken. It stated there was no firing pin and firing pin spring sent with the rifle which I did included in a Ziploc bag that I taped to the side of the gun. The note stated they simply added a firing pin, firing pin spring and new cam pin (which was still attached to the bolt when I originally sent it in).  The letter stated that the smith fired 20 rounds of American Eagle XM193 with no malfunctions.  Also, it should be noted I was not charged for anything, including shipping, which I was a bit surprised considering I bought this rifle nearly three years ago (I bought the very first one that came to Jacksonville off the first batch).

I can't speak for function as I haven't taken it out but upon disassembly, the firing pin seems to be moving freely.  I scored a day off tomorrow so I'm going to take it out and beat it up a little and see how she does.  

All in all, this was a pleasant process with a relatively fast turnaround time.  The CSR's that I spoke with both times were very pleasant and genuinely seemed to want to help and they backed it up.  Not loving the fact that I had this issue but the overall experience gives Beretta some points in my book as we all know what it's like to spend money on a gun and get shitty aftermarket service from the manufacturer.  Hope this write up helps, fellas!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:56:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LOS:
The ARX CR2 cheek riser solves that issue pretty easily.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LOS:
Originally Posted By willi3d: ... the top rail is way too high for the stock which doesn't have a raised cheekrest..
The ARX CR2 cheek riser solves that issue pretty easily.
I have the riser ind is not so great. The rubber tape which holds the riser to the receiver keeps seeping down and eventually comes out the bottom.

It's a good idea but poorly implemented.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Glassiseverything:

I have the riser ind is not so great. The rubber tape which holds the riser to the receiver keeps seeping down and eventually comes out the bottom.

It's a good idea but poorly implemented.
View Quote
Write the guy who made it about it, mine has been flawless.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
Just did. Let's see if he fixes the issue.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Any chance the Shootingsight trigger might by on sale for Fathers Day, Art?

I missed out on the last sale.
View Quote
There will be a July 4 sale, not sure what yet, but I'll post the coupon code once we set it up.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By ShootingSight:

There will be a July 4 sale, not sure what yet, but I'll post the coupon code once we set it up.
View Quote
Great, keep us posted.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes

The guy got back to me and he's shipping me a replacement so he's legit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Good deal, I have bought 2 of them from the gent and had nothing but great luck.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I have an ARX100 on the way. I already ordered the full bottom rail from Beretta, and an extended cocking handle from Italy. The cash price was $950, but I traded an AES-10B for it. Even trade. I've wanted the ARX since it was released, but it was always on the back burner. When I saw the guy's post, I was all over it. He still has one for a sale for $950. It's over on the AKFiles, of anyone is interested. He's an FFL in Central PA. He has a list of trades he'd accept, everything AK based.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Picked one of these up at Academy for $879.00.  Wasn't really looking for one,  and definitely don't "need" another 5.56 rifle,  but i couldn't pass up am interesting rifle at that price. 

Will have to see if i fall in love with it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By joelad:
I have an ARX100 on the way. I already ordered the full bottom rail from Beretta, and an extended cocking handle from Italy. The cash price was $950, but I traded an AES-10B for it. Even trade. I've wanted the ARX since it was released, but it was always on the back burner. When I saw the guy's post, I was all over it. He still has one for a sale for $950. It's over on the AKFiles, of anyone is interested. He's an FFL in Central PA. He has a list of trades he'd accept, everything AK based.
View Quote

Any chance on a name for the central PA ffl?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By avslash:
Picked one of these up at Academy for $879.00.  Wasn't really looking for one,  and definitely don't "need" another 5.56 rifle,  but i couldn't pass up am interesting rifle at that price. 

Will have to see if i fall in love with it.
View Quote
I think you will. When ever I let someone shoot mine I usually get the following "Wow is that weird looking, you mind if I give it a try"? "Sure, these are all of the ambi controls, heres a mag, the weapon is on safe" *Bang, Bang.....smile forms...Bang, Bang, Bang...."Ok what is the name of this thing again, I have to have one."

I am sole reason 2 fellow shooters now own the Arx, and one more is desperately waiting on a deal for a fde one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 2:48:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Where are the FDE Arx's?
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:37:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Little_Bo_Peep] [#26]
**CORRECTION**

You cannot use Botach Giftcards for firearms purchases.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:55:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#27]
I picked one of these up from Botach.  Here are some first handling impressions:
It's like the AR, AK, and HK got together and had kinky three-way sex.
The controls owe a lot to the AR.  The A2-style grip has more volume and less rake, both positives,  The bolt release is different and just needs to be gotten used to.  The selector lever could be slightly longer.
In profile its a lot like the HK G3 family.  It's very tall and dwarfs an AR in a profile comparison.
The rifle is somewhat reminiscent of the AK due to the short usable forend, limited sling options, and very short LOP side-folding stock.  The folding stock is nice and locks up solid.  If you're used to AKs the LOP is normal, not so much if you're used to ARs.

The full length top rail is quite nice, and rock solid, but it's height means that standard AR sight options aren't ideal.  I'm waiting on a set of HK sights to try out.
The sights are probably functional but are cheaply made and way too high.
The trigger is crisp but too heavy.
The sling options appear to be quite limited.  In a rifle with so much thought and engineering put into ambidextrous function, the sling mounting situation is curiously primitive by comparison.  I've spent a couple of hours pondering how to sling the thing if I want to use anything besides the included sling.  It looks like Blue Force Gear's universal loop will work in the rear sling loop and any number of hook or QD rail options for the front.  Probably some experimentation is in order.
IMO the ARX leaves a bit to be desired in handling.  You have limited choices for comfortable hand position due to the highly protruding rails.  I understand why there are reinforcements for the rails on a polymer forend, but it seems like a very clunky engineering solution which affects the rifle's handling.  Also, a magwell grip is basically out, because the lines of the frame (which is hollow there and apparently just for looks) basically prevents or at least limits it.  There's also definitely a lot more fore and aft magazine play than an AR with GI mags.  On the positive, the side rails are well-positioned and my thumb falls naturally on a light switch at 9-o'clock.  On the downside, the receiver being extremely tall rules out easy activation of devices at 12-o'clock without using a tape switch.
The ARX does have things you'd pay a lot extra for on an AR, like a full-length top rail and railed forend.  It also has features the AR can never have, like a folding stock, QC barrel, and full ambidexterity.  So it has worthwhile advances, but not revolutionary advances unless you're a lefty.  It also has some odd but easily rectifiable shortcomings.  If I had to choose one or the other rifle and cost was a factor, I'd choose an AR easily.  If Beretta can continue to make improvements and sell ARXs in the $1000-$1200 range, they have a chance to establish some market share, but if they go back up to $1800 the rifle will become a footnote.

I think in order to improve the rifle for the U.S. market, Beretta should look seriously at the following:
-better trigger
-no sights/less cost, or better sights (ideally the stock MIL folders) for a bit more cost
-improve the sling mounting options
-include the optional bottom rail (or preferrably change the existing grenade launcher rail to a picatinny rail) and extended charging handle
Of these things probably only the sling issue and arguably the trigger would take any significant re-engineering of the rifle.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#28]
The trigger can be improved without major engineering changes. Shooting sight did a great job on it and he's a small operation.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:46:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#29]
I meant from a manufacturing and cost standpoint.  After all, if it it was that easy, all rifles would come with Geiselle equivalents and there would be no market for upgrade triggers.  Someone suggested early in this thread that it might be as easy as installing lighter springs, but I've yet to see confirmation of that.  But yes, as far as major issues like changing the receiver molds, fixing the trigger shouldn't require that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 12:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#30]
Capta,

Take the time to see up the arx correctly and you will find it's incredibly set up well.

I ran light at 3oclock with an offset and my tape switch over and mounted against the upper just above the 9 o'clock tail where my thumb rested naturally.

A handstop pushes my hand into the correct position every time.

Hk height sights make for a perfect sight picture and co witness through a low mount.

And I used the sights qd mounts on the top rail, which allows the rifle to hang perfectly in a two point sling.

The shooting sight trigger is as good a geiseele, and well worth the investment.

The rifles has some huge advantages, and some small disadvantages in it's stock form. However the disadvantages are easily over come. Much like the ar, each little hurdle is easily overcome with some thought

That being said, I really wish Beretta would release a 300 barrel, and a few other add on for the rifle, we know development has not stopped because the Italian military fields this rifle.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 1:23:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#31]
I agree that the rifle has a lot going for it, and relatively minor and fixable problems.  The issue is that it appears the rifle has not exactly been a commercial success so far, which will have consequences for its continued development.  Certainly that's partly due to timing (it's long release wait and the election outcome) but it isn't all due to timing.  The SCAR and Tavor have done well even in the gun market slump.  But look at the FN-2000 on the other hand.
The ARX has some really cool features and I don't regret buying one.  But it also needs some prompt and relatively easy remedial action by Beretta to secure better acceptance by US shooters and continued development.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 3:15:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#32]
Originally Posted By Capta:
I agree that the rifle has a lot going for it, and relatively minor and fixable problems.  The issue is that it appears the rifle has not exactly been a commercial success so far, which will have consequences for its continued development.  Certainly that's partly due to timing (it's long release wait and the election outcome) but it isn't all due to timing.  The SCAR and Tavor have done well even in the gun market slump.  But look at the FN-2000 on the other hand.
The ARX has some really cool features and I don't regret buying one.  But it also needs some prompt and relatively easy remedial action by Beretta to secure better acceptance by US shooters and continued development.
View Quote
The single biggest concern/ complaint I always hear about the ARX....it's ugly.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#33]
The SCAR, Tavor, ARX, and FN2000 are all semi versions of military weapons.  Their development was paid for by the companies looking for military contracts.  It's doubtful that the companies are going to fund further development of civilian versions on their own.  Both the SCAR and Tavor are somewhat successful military designs, which funds development, and has tricked down in the form of the 17s and the X95.  Neither the ARX or FN2000 has had the same success, so unless they make a new version that gets some big military contracts, it's unlikely you'll see much in the way of factory upgrades.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 10:17:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#34]
The future of the ARX probably depends significantly on foreign military contracts.  The ARX was being considered to replace the FAMAS this year, but lost out to the HK 416. If they don't get further contracts then the future is very hazy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 4:46:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#35]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
The SCAR, Tavor, ARX, and FN2000 are all semi versions of military weapons.  Their development was paid for by the companies looking for military contracts.  It's doubtful that the companies are going to fund further development of civilian versions on their own.  Both the SCAR and Tavor are somewhat successful military designs, which funds development, and has tricked down in the form of the 17s and the X95.  Neither the ARX or FN2000 has had the same success, so unless they make a new version that gets some big military contracts, it's unlikely you'll see much in the way of factory upgrades.
View Quote
A few nations have transitioned to the -160.  Beretta has entered its -200 variant in foreign nations' .mil trials, & so far, only Argentina has picked it up, & bought licensed domestic mfg rights.  I'm hoping they will see fit to release a US commercial variant here, if only to generate additional revenue.  I'd bet it would gain a following, especially if it came in at a competitive price point.  It already has an edge in that it can use an adapter to run AR10 mags.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By willi3d:
View Quote
The fact that the ARX was adopted as the standard Italian service rifle trumps getting smaller contracts for specific units in other countries.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:48:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#37]
I picked up a set of the RobertRTG knockoff HK sights to try out as replacements for the factory folding sights.
As iron sights these are a huge improvement.  They also provide the proper cheek weld on the stock.  That said, they also create their own issues.  Being quite a bit lower than a standard AR picatinny sight, they make it problematic to attach anything else to the top rail besides the sights and an optic.  For example, a DBAL blocks these sights entirely, and if you have a red dot on a low mount to cowitness these sights, the optic will be basically unusable as long as the DBAL is mounted.  And if you keep the red dot on a high mount to see over a mounted DBAL, you can't cowitness the sights.  
The alternative is basically to move the DBAL to the side or bottom rails, or attach it to the top rail for NV use only with the understanding that both the irons and red dot are then unusable.  The last option is just going with AR-height sights and putting a riser on the stock.   Has anyone thought through this issue?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LOS] [#38]
Originally Posted By Capta:...  The last option is just going with AR-height sights and putting a riser on the stock.   Has anyone thought through this issue?
View Quote
I happen to think that this Riser works well to solve LOS related issues and it also enhances cheek weld. ;)

Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:29:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joelad] [#39]
I picked up my ARX100 on Wednesday. I ditched the craptastic BUIS, and keeping with polymer theme added Magpul BUIS. The contols were stiff at first, especially the bolt lock. Working the selector, dry firing, working the BHO, all made them easier to operate. I took the AR223 scope off one of my ARs, and it lines up perfectly with the rings on it. A cheek weld, not a chin weld. I got an email form Beretta that the enlarged cocking handle is in stock so I just ordered one.
I love this rifle even tho I haven't fired it yet!

ARX100
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#40]
I took the scope and Magpul BUIS off, and mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 directly to the top rail. It presents a much better sight picture. Cheek lower on the stock. I also took the Inforce light off, and will be putting a top rail light mount on. Push it out further than the side rails allow.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Do people actually shoot this rifle with iron sights?  I've got some ideas to improve the apertures, but probably not worth the effort if these are only ever used as backups.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Sure, but I have Troy micros
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#43]
What is everyone using suppressor wise on their ARX100?
I picked up a SBR and I'm concerned about killing the light weight and balance of the rifle. I have a spare Specwar556K laying around, but it weighs in at 13.5 oz which may be too heavy.
Any feedback on weapon balance with different silencers would be appreciated. Also any feedback on gas blowback?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:53:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#44]
Do people actually shoot this rifle with iron sights?  I've got some ideas to improve the apertures, but probably not worth the effort if these are only ever used as backups.
View Quote
Are you talking about the standard included folding sights?  It seems from this thread and others that people (including myself) are tossing the included backup sights due to the cheap build,  poor design, and extreme height.  The aperture is 1/4" higher than a standard AR aperture, which can't be fixed.
Since we're on the topic of ARX accessories/improvements, how about a QD adaptor that locks into the rear sling loop on the receiver?  Beretta has never and probably will never make one, but it's probably within your capability and it would be a relatively affordable must-buy for ARX owners.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#45]
The included backup sights work fine, they just look cheap and are ugly. Doesn't mean they don't fulfill the intended purpose.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
The included backup sights work fine, they just look cheap and are ugly. Doesn't mean they don't fulfill the intended purpose.
View Quote
That and they are fucking huge.  I took mine off and threw them in a drawer.  I don't use BUIS on mine because I mount my scopes so low due to the comb drop, that the rear blocks a lot of the field of view.  Of course mine are not set up for going to war.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
When mine comes in I may buy the HK type sights for it. Not sure I'll scope it since I've got other things for that, but pictures of the stock sights look meh. I'll play with them first of course.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#48]
If all you plan to do is shoot irons, I have the HK knockoffs, and they're great and look right on the rifle.  If however you want to use a DBAL at some point I'd suggest AR-height sights instead and living with the chin weld or adding a riser.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#49]
Originally Posted By Capta:
If all you plan to do is shoot irons, I have the HK knockoffs, and they're great and look right on the rifle.  If however you want to use a DBAL at some point I'd suggest AR-height sights instead and living with the chin weld or adding a riser.
View Quote
Capta, Beretta intended to use the dbal on 3 or 9 rail.

http://www.berettadefensetechnologies.com/assault-rifles/arx160-a3-assault-rifle

In conjunction with the stiener combat light off the top rail with factory offset mount.

Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Anybody know where to get factory 10" barrels?  Want to SBR mine without cutting the 16" barrel.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top