BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:51:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Johnson184:

Anyone? Would also appreciate some info on how well the ARX100 runs suppressed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Anyone? Would also appreciate some info on how well the ARX100 runs suppressed.

Well, here's one:
Originally Posted By TATBME:

IMO the short barrel is overgassed, especially when running suppressed.

Don't know if this is regarding 10” or 16” bbl.  If anything, a 16" bbl should have smaller ports, & would possibly run better suppressed when cut down.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Holy moly... that's the highest praise I could think of for a trigger... comparing it as equal to a Geissele! Really hope you're not exaggerating haha.
View Quote

In my experience, no I am not exaggerating.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

View All Quotes

Holy moly... that's the highest praise I could think of for a trigger... comparing it as equal to a Geissele! Really hope you're not exaggerating haha.

<taking notes for future ARX-100>
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:22:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#4]
Either this guy added the A3 large vent holes himself or one slipped out of the factory early on. > Link.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:
Either this guy added the A3 large vent holes himself or one slipped out of the factory early on. > Link.
View Quote

Well that's odd.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Well that's odd.
View Quote

I thought the same thing.

I would really like it if Beretta started making them all like this though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 2:47:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#7]
Barrel conversions first please!

What's really odd is that he purchased it over two years ago
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I agree that the conversions should come first.

I do think it's also possible that he carved out the the larger vent holes with a Dremel.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 8:09:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#9]

I do think it's also possible that he carved out the the larger vent holes with a Dremel.
View All Quotes

I wasn't aware A3 uppers where even being made in country.  Dremmeling would require an epic study hand.  If it's home-brewed & not factory, then more likely it was done on a drill press with an axis slide vice, using a cutting bit.  I've actually been contemplating doing this myself.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I wasn't aware A3 uppers where even being made in country.  Dremmeling would require an epic study hand.  If it's home-brewed & not factory, then more likely it was done on a drill press with an axis slide vice, using a cutting bit.  I've actually been contemplating doing this myself.
View Quote

However it was done it seems pretty risky to me because you can't just go and replace the upper receiver if it get's messed up in the process.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:56:37 PM EDT
[#11]
So, how well do these things run suppressed?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Tim at MAC loves his suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#13]
So I ran into a problem with my ARX today at the range: I'm getting light primer strikes that are resulting in a failure to detonate the round, hence, failure to fire. I looked through the manual and it appears that the firing pin is seated into the bolt and has a spring around it. Some rifle designs simply use a "floating firing pin" like AR's and most AK's, some designs have theirs under spring pressure, as does the ARX.

I've never had this problem before but I've also never broken the rifle down past basic disassembly. I've never removed the firing pin. I have less than 1k rounds through the gun. I also noticed the bolt cam pin is removable. It's the part of the bolt that rides along a recess in the bolt carrier but it's apparently removable in order to remove the actual firing pin from the bolt. When I took it apart at the range, the bolt cam pin freely fell out of the bolt and the firing pin seems locked into its position. I can't remove the firing pin to see what's impeding its movement.

Anybody have any experience with this? I love this rifle system but, at this point, I've got a 7-pound pile o' plastic and steel that's non-opperable.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#14]
Broken spring , or broken firings pin??

As far as I know the firing pin locks in the cam pin like on an ar15, appears that way on the schematic anyway. If the pin broke, that would allow the cam loose?  A new firing pin is 7 bucks from brownells.

May be worth a call to Beretta.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FlaDevmeister:
So I ran into a problem with my ARX today at the range: I'm getting light primer strikes that are resulting in a failure to detonate the round, hence, failure to fire. I looked through the manual and it appears that the firing pin is seated into the bolt and has a spring around it. Some rifle designs simply use a "floating firing pin" like AR's and most AK's, some designs have theirs under spring pressure, as does the ARX.

I've never had this problem before but I've also never broken the rifle down past basic disassembly. I've never removed the firing pin. I have less than 1k rounds through the gun. I also noticed the bolt cam pin is removable. It's the part of the bolt that rides along a recess in the bolt carrier but it's apparently removable in order to remove the actual firing pin from the bolt. When I took it apart at the range, the bolt cam pin freely fell out of the bolt and the firing pin seems locked into its position. I can't remove the firing pin to see what's impeding its movement.

Anybody have any experience with this? I love this rifle system but, at this point, I've got a 7-pound pile o' plastic and steel that's non-opperable.
View Quote

Try pushing the firing pin out from the bolt face. I have not had this issue with my ARX but did with my CZ P09. My CZ had a tiny piece of roll pin binding it.

Maybe the spring broke or you have a little metal shaving in it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I haven't, but I only have about 300 rds through it.  I have cleaned it twice and after my last cleaning I got used to how it disassembles.  It sounds like your firing pin spring may have petered out.  During my last cleaning I thought that I should order a couple of those springs from Beretta.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Punch the firing pin out and you'll probably figure it out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#18]

However it was done it seems pretty risky to me because you can't just go and replace the upper receiver if it get's messed up in the process.
View All Quotes

With the right tools, it's a relatively straightforward project.  I wouldn't use shade tree garage hand tools.  A drill press with a horizontal axis vice would be the ticket.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 1:40:52 AM EDT
[#19]

With the right tools, it's a relatively straightforward project.  I wouldn't use shade tree garage hand tools.  A drill press with a horizontal axis vice would be the ticket.
View Quote

Yeah, I think you're right... After looking at mine and thinking about it for a little while I don't think that going at it with a Dremel would be a good idea at all.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Well...
View All Quotes

Out of stock, baby.

Well...

I've been on their "Email me when it's back in stock" list for months. It's frustrating. Mantacore are you listening?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#21]
You can order it from an Italian site as well that was mentioned earlier in the thread. It took about 10 days for it to show up at my house from order to install.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#22]
When these go back down to 1023 from Botach, I will buy one.
So sad I missed that deal  
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone have any leads on in stock 10.3" barrel kits?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By operator81:
Does anyone have any leads on in stock 10.3" barrel kits?
View Quote

Check gunbroker, they pop up every once in a while.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 1:11:37 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I had a similar problem. Strip the bolt from the bolt carrier and remove the cam pin and the extractor/ejectors. To remove the extractor/ejectors push (one at a time) from the back towards the front of the bolt, then push outwards until the extractor/ejector falls out of it's retaining notch. Pulling the extractor/ejectors* lets you see the hollow that's under them, allowing access to the firing pin. With the slots opened up it's easy to use a punch or other tool to push the firing pin rearwards.

As to the firing pin itself, mine had peened a little at the front, behind the tip. I just removed the displaced metal with a ceramic stone (more polishing than metal removal) and it's worked ever since.

Spare firing pins can be had here for $7: http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=izw8052ue300zk8a00y51&mi=10077&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%2Frifle-parts%2Fbolt-parts%2Ffiring-pin-parts%2Ffiring-pins%2Ffiring-pin-arx-100-prod68670.aspx?avs%7cMake%7e%7eModel_1=Beretta__ARX%2520100

AJ

*DAmn I love me some copy/paste...
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AubrayJ:

I had a similar problem. Strip the bolt from the bolt carrier and remove the cam pin and the extractor/ejectors. To remove the extractor/ejectors push (one at a time) from the back towards the front of the bolt, then push outwards until the extractor/ejector falls out of it's retaining notch. Pulling the extractor/ejectors* lets you see the hollow that's under them, allowing access to the firing pin. With the slots opened up it's easy to use a punch or other tool to push the firing pin rearwards.

As to the firing pin itself, mine had peened a little at the front, behind the tip. I just removed the displaced metal with a ceramic stone (more polishing than metal removal) and it's worked ever since.

Spare firing pins can be had here for $7: http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=izw8052ue300zk8a00y51&mi=10077&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brownells.com%2Frifle-parts%2Fbolt-parts%2Ffiring-pin-parts%2Ffiring-pins%2Ffiring-pin-arx-100-prod68670.aspx?avs%7cMake%7e%7eModel_1=Beretta__ARX%2520100

AJ

*DAmn I love me some copy/paste...
View Quote

So to update, I took the bolt carrier apart and it took some force with a punch and hammer (coupled with pliers) to remove the firing pin from the bolt. Repeated the process a few times and scarped off what looked like a minor amount of carbon fouling. I've cleaned my AR's and removed the firing pin to find much more fouling on them and they still ran fine. Anyways, I cleaned the bolt a little, took it out and sent a few mags downrange and it seemed to run just fine.

Thanks for the tip. Seems I need to include stripping the bolt as part of the process going forward. It's worthy of mention that after removing and reinserting the firing pin into the bolt several times (after the first initial cleaning of it) it seemed to come in and remove easier with each repeat. Also, this rifle utilizes a firing pin spring. Some rifles use them and some don't. AR's, as most of us know,are free-floating. Same with most AK's. I'll make certain this becomes part of my cleaning routine in the future.

Hope this info helps any of the other guys with an ARX. Despite this hiccup, I still have almost nothing negative to say about this rifle.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#27]

So to update, I took the bolt carrier apart and it took some force with a punch and hammer (coupled with pliers) to remove the firing pin from the bolt. Repeated the process a few times and scarped off what looked like a minor amount of carbon fouling. I've cleaned my AR's and removed the firing pin to find much more fouling on them and they still ran fine. Anyways, I cleaned the bolt a little, took it out and sent a few mags downrange and it seemed to run just fine.

Thanks for the tip. Seems I need to include stripping the bolt as part of the process going forward. It's worthy of mention that after removing and reinserting the firing pin into the bolt several times (after the first initial cleaning of it) it seemed to come in and remove easier with each repeat. Also, this rifle utilizes a firing pin spring. Some rifles use them and some don't. AR's, as most of us know,are free-floating. Same with most AK's. I'll make certain this becomes part of my cleaning routine in the future.

Hope this info helps any of the other guys with an ARX. Despite this hiccup, I still have almost nothing negative to say about this rifle.
View Quote

Just out of curiosity, what had you been running for ammo through it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Just out of curiosity, what had you been running for ammo through it?
View Quote

Just running standard Federal Lake City XM193 55 grain.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Just running standard Federal Lake City XM193 55 grain.
View Quote

Interesting, thanks. I have been running wolf gold through mine, seems to really love it, and pretty damn accurate with it. Using a 2moa doat, I have been able to lay down some 1.5 moa groups, which with my eyes with just a dot, I'm happy! No choking issues yet.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:52:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnightofTheOldeCode] [#30]
botech shipping times?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#31]
Originally Posted By KnightofTheOldeCode:
What's the latest on the ARX? Any updates coming, hows it selling? Beretta making available caliber conversions etc.?

Best online price at the moment?
View Quote
Just check GB or GA for market pricing.

Beretta can sometimes be outpaced by glaciers, but they tend to move with commitment.  It may have been a year late, but they are churning out the -100 & supporting it.  The lower add-on pic rail, CH extension, & 10" bbls are out now.  Nothing much else, although based on the cal listing on the side of they are shipped in, I suspect they are coming.

Personally, I'm hoping they're quietly working on a commercial semi ARX-200.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 6:55:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sgwlower] [#32]

Just check GB or GA for market pricing.

Beretta can sometimes be outpaced by glaciers, but they tend to move with commitment.  It may have been a year late, but they are churning out the -100 & supporting it.  The lower add-on pic rail, CH extension, & 10" bbls are out now.  Nothing much else, although based on the cal listing on the side of they are shipped in, I suspect they are coming.

Personally, I'm hoping they're quietly working on a commercial semi ARX-200.
View Quote
The biggest thing I think we are all waiting for at this point is caliber conversions. They are great, well built rifles with tons of potential, the fact that is the military arm of Italy enforces that Beretta will continue to support it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait a minute.

It takes bayonets?

Does the civilian model have the lug for this also?

<-- Bayonet-loving weirdo
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
Wait a minute.

http://www.berettadefensetechnologies.com/sites/default/files/styles/product_large_horizontal/public/content/products/arx-160-assault-rifle-infantry-version-bayonet.png?itok=749lBrU8

It takes bayonets?

Does the civilian model have the lug for this also?

<-- Bayonet-loving weirdo
View Quote
No, the civvie version does not have a bayonet lug.

AJ
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:39:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep and it comes with an A2, I have sent a couple of emails to Beretta just to see if we could buy the original Flash Hider.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Have people who order from botach actually got their rifles in a decent amount of time? They have it cheap again and I'm interested.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MrMitch:
Have people who order from botach actually got their rifles in a decent amount of time? They have it cheap again and I'm interested.
View Quote
Holy crap. That price is crazy.  

My first ARX came from Botach, so they did deliver. About a week for me.

I was trying to sell it in the EE but guess not anymore if they're selling new at $825.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Argh, I just bought one on GB lightly used for 1000. It WAS a good deal!  I pick it up this weekend from my FFL. Gonna be a bittersweet moment
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Why and how are they selling them that cheap?  I'm tempted to buy another one just because of that price.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#40]
JFC, that's $50 cheaper than the high end AR upper build I have in mind, and for a complete rifle.

Maybe I need to scrap that upper build for later and get the ARX now instead...
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:58:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Well I will take a chance and buy one. Hopefully they ship in a reasonable time frame. Price increased from $825 to $850, still strikes me as too good to be true. Here's hoping, I'm kind of excited
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 4:01:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
Why and how are they selling them that cheap?  I'm tempted to buy another one just because of that price.
View Quote
I'm in the 2 =1, 1= none camp when it comes to firearms.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#43]
I wonder why it shown as "Pre-order". I want to grab one, but might wait till "in-stock" happens.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Screw it, in for another one.  Shot my other one today, that convinced me.  These really are pretty good rifles.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm tempted, hopefully they offer the FDE at that price.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By jh1990:
I'm tempted, hopefully they offer the FDE at that price.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Shipping end of april from botach
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
Shipping end of april from botach
View Quote
Looks like they're offering a $50 discount if you buy one with an APX.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:55:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frost7] [#49]
Still mulling over whether to delay my AR precision upper build and fo on this while the price is so good. Couple questions for you guys.

1. Any easy or creative solutions out there for adding compatibility with a QD sling mount to the buttstock's loop so I can use my existing VTAC without having to remove hardware just to attach it to the ARX? Obviously a pic mount can be added with ease to one of the side rails, but what to do with the rear is the question. On my Benelli M4, there was the IWC Mount-N-Slot solution which was suggested by another Arfcommer and works amazingly as it's on there rock solid. Wondering if there's something like that out there. Or if the hole is the same dimensions as most loop holes, I probably could just use another IWC Mount-N-Slot.

2. I saw someone saying the select fire ARX-160's heat sinks are removed in the semi-auto ARX-100. Is that true?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
Still mulling over whether to delay my AR precision upper build and fo on this while the price is so good. Couple questions for you guys.

1. Any easy or creative solutions out there for adding compatibility with a QD sling mount to the buttstock's loop so I can use my existing VTAC without having to remove hardware just to attach it to the ARX? Obviously a pic mount can be added with ease to one of the side rails, but what to do with the rear is the question. On my Benelli M4, there was the IWC Mount-N-Slot solution which was suggested by another Arfcommer and works amazingly as it's on there rock solid. Wondering if there's something like that out there. Or if the hole is the same dimensions as most loop holes, I probably could just use another IWC Mount-N-Slot.

2. I saw someone saying the select fire ARX-160's heat sinks are removed in the semi-auto ARX-100. Is that true?
View Quote
I have seen no QD sling mount solution as of yet, I really wish that IWC would do something about that.

The pinned on heat sink seen on some of the ARX-160 barrels is not included on the ARX-100 barrels.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top