BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 124
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

They need to release the QD adapter like they originally promised.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LIONHART:
Originally Posted By RarestRX:
Originally Posted By sdrake100:
Has anyone posted this yet?

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/mission-adaptable/

PIC shows a larger sling mount adapter. It would be nice if those became available.

True, but we'll see those implemented on the new upcoming version.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:23:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#2]

View All Quotes

PIC shows a larger sling mount adapter. It would be nice if those became available.

What new version?  The -200?  That's vaporware.  No word about a semi commercial variant thus far.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#3]

View All Quotes

First I've heard of this, have a link? If they made a few changes to the gun I'd certainly be more interested.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#4]
According to a Berettta Rep. a new model is coming out. Looks a lot like the ARX200. A dealer friend gave me this info a few days ago, FWIW.
This may explain the recent price drop, and the huge availability of spare parts for the current model.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
According to a Berettta Rep. a new model is coming out. Looks a lot like the ARX200. A dealer friend gave me this info a few days ago, FWIW.
This may explain the recent price drop, and the huge availability of spare parts for the current model.
View Quote

When you say it looks like the ARX200, do you mean to say it looks like a .308 frame?

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SpyHawk:

When you say it looks like the ARX200, do you mean to say it looks like a .308 frame?

View All Quotes

It will be 5.56

I don't know when we'll see the ARX200. But from what I was told, the new model in 5.56 looks very similar to it. We'll certainly know much, much more at SHOT.
IMHO, a redesign was a long time coming. The current model just didn't do it for me, and those sling mounts are ridiculous. With that said, it probably has the
best piston system out there, and I certainly welcome the new changes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 12:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#7]

It will be 5.56

I don't know when we'll see the ARX200. But from what I was told, the new model in 5.56 looks very similar to it. We'll certainly know much, much more at SHOT.
IMHO, a redesign was a long time coming. The current model just didn't do it for me, and those sling mounts are ridiculous. With that said, it probably has the
View All Quotes

It will be 5.56

Interesting, I haven't heard anything about this.

Since you say it looks a lot like the ARX-200 does that mean it doesn't have a quick change barrel or selectable ejection direction? Much like the ARX-200?

Would this model be replacing the model that exists now?

I have to say that if those two features were eliminated I would not be happy about it at all.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Perhaps the dealer friend was thinking of the CZ 806 Bren 2?  Or confused the ARX-200?

Most of the ARX stuff is trickle-down from the Italian ARX-160, and aside from some of the cosmetic changes on the 160A3 like the larger cooling slots or the 7.62x39 variant the Kazahks are using, there don't appear to have been any major revisions to it seen in the wild lately.

Nothing I've heard about the ARX-200 indicates a follow-on in 5.56 as well.

I'm pretty sure Beretta doesn't even know what they're working on at any given time, so who knows. I love new guns, so I would love to see an "ARX-2" but I'm not sure deleting all the features that make it unique to get there is the best approach.  May as well just make a Beretta AR retrofitted with the gas piston from the ARX at that point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Perhaps the dealer friend was thinking of the CZ 806 Bren 2?  Or confused the ARX-200?

Most of the ARX stuff is trickle-down from the Italian ARX-160, and aside from some of the cosmetic changes on the 160A3 like the larger cooling slots or the 7.62x39 variant the Kazahks are using, there don't appear to have been any major revisions to it seen in the wild lately.

Nothing I've heard about the ARX-200 indicates a follow-on in 5.56 as well.

I'm pretty sure Beretta doesn't even know what they're working on at any given time, so who knows. I love new guns, so I would love to see an "ARX-2" but I'm not sure deleting all the features that make it unique to get there is the best approach.  May as well just make a Beretta AR retrofitted with the gas piston from the ARX at that point.
View Quote

Nope. It was indeed a revised ARX100, as it was a Beretta Rep. and not one from CZ. As far as the ARX200 is concerned. The new ARX100 will resemble it, but how close, is anyone's guess. I don't like the keymod handguard.
We'll certainly know more about this, and other fantastic offering such as those that will be offered by FN at SHOT.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Okay, I'm exited for Shot Show now!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:41:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Received my ARX100 today from Botach. Rifle came with two front sights Hoping Beretta CS can help me out.

The stock has a ridiculous amount of wobble/play (enough that it makes noise and moves when shouldered) to it in all positions. Normal? The folding mechanism, however, does lock up 100%.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SLAPPYROOTZ:
Received my ARX100 today from Botach. Rifle came with two front sights Hoping Beretta CS can help me out.

The stock has a ridiculous amount of wobble/play (enough that it makes noise and moves when shouldered) to it in all positions. Normal? The folding mechanism, however, does lock up 100%.

View Quote

Wow, my stock is solid as a rock. I finally get to run it like I really want to this weekend, I'll report back when I do.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

I think some amount of play would be normal on the sliding portion but I would really have to see it to know if it's comparable to mine.

Mine does make some plasticy sounding sounds as well but it has never been an issue.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:07:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Hmm, this new of a new model is making me reconsider my recent purchase...
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Spoke with Beretta. They offered to send a rear sight and a new stock free of charge. Can't ask for anything more than that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Spoke with Beretta. They offered to send a rear sight and a new stock free of charge. Can't ask for anything more than that.
View All Quotes

Wow, that's some strong customer service.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

That's pretty good CS, you will probably end up changing out the sights for something else though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 556Cliff:

That's pretty good CS, you will probably end up changing out the sights for something else though.
View All Quotes

I was surprised -- definitely didn't expect a new stock. Yeah the sights have to go. They're brutal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#19]

I was surprised -- definitely didn't expect a new stock. Yeah the sights have to go. They're brutal.
View All Quotes

I liked the MBUS PRO until I found out that the front sight would fold while shooting. I haven't yet tried to find a different set of BUIS since then.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:16:45 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I replaced the sights with Troy micro heights, since the stock is quite a bit lower than I'm used to (in comparison with the rail height).

How long did it take for Botach to get your order to you?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Six business days from time of order.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sawgunner73] [#22]
Originally Posted By Frost7:
Five free extra mags? That is a pretty sweet promo!
View Quote

Mine should be coming in the mail tomorrow. Beretta gives you a promo code to use in their e-store, which of course waived the fee for the 5 mags.
Bought my FDE ARX three weeks ago, and used a copy of the 4473 for PoP.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:25:52 AM EDT
[#23]

I liked the MBUS PRO until I found out that the front sight would fold while shooting. I haven't yet tried to find a different set of BUIS since then.
View All Quotes

Maybe try these from Zahal/Fab Defense.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe try these from Zahal/Fab Defense.

http://www.zahal.org/files/images/fab/PR1/combo.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the link, I will put them on the list of sights to consider.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I have the low mount on my MRO for the ARX, I find it's more natural since the rail is so high. Does anyone know of some good iron sights that would match up with the low mount?
Something that sits about as high as the CZ scorpion sights would be ideal.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:08:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#26]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
I have the low mount on my MRO for the ARX, I find it's more natural since the rail is so high. Does anyone know of some good iron sights that would match up with the low mount?
View Quote

Troy Micro sights maybe? > https://troyind.com/backup-iron-sights/folding/micro-sets

I would go with these myself but I would have to buy two different sets to get the front and rear combination that I would want.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Troy Micro sights maybe? > https://troyind.com/backup-iron-sights/folding/micro-sets

I would go with these myself but I would have to buy two different sets to get the front and rear combination that I would want.
View All Quotes

Right? Why no round rear with M4 front? And they're stupid expensive.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:21:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#28]

View All Quotes

Yep, that's exactly what I want and they have that combination with their medium sight sets. I just can't understand why they won't offer that combination with their Micro sets.

They are for sure way to expensive to play mix and match with.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I'm in the same boat with my AUG, just wanted some decent back up sights to accompany my MRO with an ADM low mount. I wish you could actually purchase the CZ sights somewhere, besides buying the gun just for the sights lol, if you find a combo that works please let us know.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:52:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BB] [#30]
Was thinking about buying the deal from Botach on the FDE ARX100 for $1100; any idea what the new rifle might have different?

What ever happened with the 7.62x39 conversions?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jmarkma:

I'm in the same boat with my AUG, just wanted some decent back up sights to accompany my MRO with an ADM low mount. I wish you could actually purchase the CZ sights somewhere, besides buying the gun just for the sights lol, if you find a combo that works please let us know.
View All Quotes

Hmm... I have a CZ Scorpion carbine now... I could slap the irons on my ARX to see what they behave like. Though I have a somewhat tall optic on it now (Lucid HD7), and a cheek rest that makes it work very well for me.

I'm actually going to look into getting folding offset irons to use as backups, and eventually a 1-6 or 1-8x optic on it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:18:28 AM EDT
[#32]
I actually took mine off my Bren, I might just throw those on there. Only thing is the big ass CZ on the side .
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

Hmm... I have a CZ Scorpion carbine now... I could slap the irons on my ARX to see what they behave like. Though I have a somewhat tall optic on it now (Lucid HD7), and a cheek rest that makes it work very well for me.

I'm actually going to look into getting folding offset irons to use as backups, and eventually a 1-6 or 1-8x optic on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

Offset irons are no bueno on the AUG. The new Leupold D-EVO would be a really cool secondary sight if it wasn't for the price tag.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#34]
Originally Posted By BB:
Was thinking about buying the deal from Botach on the FDE ARX100 for $1100; any idea what the new rifle might have different?

View Quote

All of the conversion calibers are non existent at this point.

As far as the rumored new version of the ARX-100, it sounds like a scaled down version of the ARX-200. So while you might gain improved accuracy, Keymod handguards, built in QD sling mounts and a stock with a cheek riser, you would also loose the current easy QD barrel system and selectable ejection direction.

This is all just a guess though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:11:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PAESAN] [#35]
I actually took mine off my Bren, I might just throw those on there. Only thing is the big ass CZ on the side .
View Quote

I had an extra set of EVO sights that I threw on mine. Haven't shot it yet but the fixed low-pro sights work well with the low cheek weld. They look good too.

Re: the logo, I'm glad I'm not the only one this would bother

On another note... anyone pinned and welded an ARX barrel to 14.5?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#36]

As far as the rumored new version of the ARX-100, it sounds like a scaled down version of the ARX-200. So while you might gain improved accuracy, Keymod handguards, built in QD sling mounts and a stock with a cheek riser, you would also loose the current easy QD barrel system and selectable ejection direction.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:

I'd wager it will be an ARX "L" with the QD bbl.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:

Technically even the ARX-200 has a QD barrel, it's just not QD by current ARX-100 standards.

I think the current model will stay and this new model is going to be a DMR or "sniper" version.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#38]

Technically even the ARX-200 has a QD barrel, it's just not QD by current ARX-100 standards.

I think the current model will stay and this new model is going to be a DMR or "sniper" version.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BB:

"Easy" or " user level servicable", maybe.  If it requires a tool, it's not " quick" IMO.

The -200 chassis is modular, configurable in both std & DMR flavors, so if this "light" rifle is in that same mold, it'll be likewise.  I'm surprised Beretta is moving fwd with this change.  They aren't usually known for being this "agile".
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:54:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556Cliff] [#39]
I'm surprised Beretta is moving fwd with this change.  They aren't usually known for being this "agile".
View Quote

I'm surprised too but I'll be even more surprised if we actually hear anything about this at the next Shot Show.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#40]

I'm surprised too but I'll be even more surprised if we actually hear anything about this at the next Shot Show.
View All Quotes
I'm surprised Beretta is moving fwd with this change.  They aren't usually known for being this "agile".

I'd be surprised if we get more than a promise of an updated ARX100 at this Shot Show, a prototype to look at by 2018 and it ships before 2020.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Bullet_:

I'd be surprised if we get more than a promise of an updated ARX100 at this Shot Show, a prototype to look at by 2018 and it ships before 2020.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bullet_:

That sounds more like the Beretta we know.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Here are some chrono numbers that I took today with the SBR barrel and Wolf Gold. Just in case anyone is interested.

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Seems like tha arx200 showed up at Modern Day Marine show

http://kitup.military.com/2016/09/beretta-shows-off-new-csass-7-62mm.html
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Frens:

View Quote

Why in the hell would they design it with a proprietary magazine
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I agree but unfortunately there isnt a standard for 308 mags like 556 Stanag.. And I guess for rifle manufacturers mags like any spare parts become a good source for $$$.

Lets say Beretta will sell 100.000 arx200 to the XYZ govt.. They will sell the rifles with spare parts for normal maintenance plus a shit load of mags that govt can only buy from beretta.. And you know mags get damageg lost and replaced everyday.
Finally the civilian market is not their primary goal and they dont care if you alteady have a good amount of magpuls ready to use
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#46]
This might be interesting... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y8cmm3Q5H8
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

What red dot is that?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#48]

What red dot is that?
View All Quotes

What red dot is that?

No Idea... Someone has got to know though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

What red dot is that?

DI Optical EG1
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 4:35:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#50]

I agree but unfortunately there isnt a standard for 308 mags like 556 Stanag.. And I guess for rifle manufacturers mags like any spare parts become a good source for $$$.

Lets say Beretta will sell 100.000 arx200 to the XYZ govt.. They will sell the rifles with spare parts for normal maintenance plus a shit load of mags that govt can only buy from beretta.. And you know mags get damageg lost and replaced everyday.
Finally the civilian market is not their primary goal and they dont care if you alteady have a good amount of magpuls ready to use
View All Quotes

ARX-200 has a mag well adapter to use SR-25 mags.
Page / 124
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top